Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

Believe will pass on the shoot around....but if ole' Johnny wants to let us all in around lunch sounds good /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol.. I dont think we can do all of that. Get there about 6:30 there will be plenty of seats /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> JK!! By 1 o'clock today there was already 600 tickets sold at the school its gonna be packed standing room only. Its going to be HOT, and loud in the lil gym just warning a ll the Upperman people. Have a safe trip over!

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game as I posted earlier has the makings of a classic....But I got to thinking (watch out somebody could get hurt LOL) about this one and have a question? With Central undefeated and Upperman just coming off a loss and probably pretty sore about losing....Who has the most pressure on them, and by pressure I mean the undefeated season so far by Central or Upperman's ability to rebound from a tough loss, Central or Upperman? Both are very experienced teams and this may not even play a factor..Like I said just thinking out loud. I saw Central last year and have no doubt they are better this year as is Upperman and know both were major contenders for the gold, but only one will get to go for it now. So, what do you all think?

I like that hoops. I wasn't criticizing or second guessing at all. Coach Dana does a fine job. I know people around convenence stores don't always have accurate information. I was just wondering if maybe the boys practiced before the girls and it made the girls practice later. I also heard several Upperman players were battling sickness which was another reason for my asking about their practice time. Figured coach would want them to have a good nights rest. Not a big deal really just curious. GO LADY BEES

Upperman has two gyms. One that everyone sees, and the one down the hall with chains on the door. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Three or four players and the coach were under the weather Wed.

The coach had to turn her head to cough two times during the pregame confrence with coaches,officials, and security.

Jennifer Maynard was coughing her head off, into her hand several times, before receiving the ball for an inbounds pass. I thought to myself, that must be one contageus sphere.

Someone told me today that schools were closed because of sickness.

Both are quality teams. Regardless of the opposition, it is difficult to go undefeated this deep into the season. It says a lot about the coaching and the dedication of the players where McMinn Central is concerned. Upperman played a much more difficult schedule which tends to do a better job of preparing a team for the postseason. Teams with no losses or great records vs tough opponents carry that in the back of their minds and if they can focus on the game at hand and not on protecting their record, they tend to be ok.

My guess is that Upperman comes into the game with less pressure, probably a bit more experienced versus good teams and even though the game is at McMinn Central, a slight edge. Too bad both can't go to the state tournament. I hate to see either of them lose in the substate, but if I had to pick one, it would be Upperman.

Either way, congratulations to both teams, both sets of coaches and fans and best of luck in the tournament in Murfreesboro. I only wish I lived in Tennessee and could get to watch some of the best basketball in the nation. I've seen other girls' teams in other states and Tennessee teams can play with anyone. It appears the state is finally getting long-due recognition in the national polls as well.

Upperman does play a tougher schedule through the season and that's a huge advantage. How will Central handle a tough game as this one will be? I think last year, Central was a better team than what showed up at the boro but they didn't really know if they belonged there or not. After losing in the semis in the last seconds to the 08 champs, they realized after the fact that they was one of the best teams. This confidence of knowing they're much improved from that last years team that was 3 points shy of bringing it home will be huge motivation for MC. This is gonna be a good one. I'm going with the Chargers. Good luck to both and congrads on great seasons regardless of the outcome.

One of Central's toughest opponents made the AAA (out of 5 classes) state tournament in Georgia, Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe. Twice they beat Class AAA Bradley by around 20, Bradley has one Division I signee and the other going to Lee might be better at least at the high school level. They beat #7 in AA (strength rating) Polk County four times, beat a pretty good Loudon team by 30 and in Chattanooga beat two-loss CSAS by 18 (CSAS's only other loss was Georgia 4A state tournament team Northwest Whitfield which has two posts 6'3" and 6'5") Central's schedule looks weaker than it is in part because they've been whipping nearly everybody on it. Upperman may have the overall stronger schedule but then again they lost twice against that schedule.

One of Central's toughest opponents made the AAA (out of 5 classes) state tournament in Georgia, Lakeview Fort Oglethorpe. Twice they beat Class AAA Bradley by around 20, Bradley has one Division I signee and the other going to Lee might be better at least at the high school level. They beat #7 in AA (strength rating) Polk County four times, beat a pretty good Loudon team by 30 and in Chattanooga beat two-loss CSAS by 18 (CSAS's only other loss was Georgia 4A state tournament team Northwest Whitfield which has two posts 6'3" and 6'5") Central's schedule looks weaker than it is in part because they've been whipping nearly everybody on it. Upperman may have the overall stronger schedule but then again they lost twice against that schedule.

Upperman lost to two nobodies..is that what you are saying? /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yes, Livingston and Riverdale are terrible.

No of course not but the point is Central's schedule won't be a factor.

The first line is funny! I can take a joke.....sometimes! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

As far as scheduling, you are probably right and I have been high on Central since I saw them in sub state vs. York last season. But I don't think they go undefeated playing Upperman or LA's schedule. That does not mean they are not a great team cause I think they are, but I don't think Marshall Co.( I know they are gone) or Gibson Co. would have either. That may not be fair to any of these teams as I have not saw them all. Just an old fashioned homer I guess. Going undefeated is special no matter where you are in this state as TN basketball is as good as it gets and I am by no means trying to tear what they have accomplished down! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />