Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditioning LOL

There is no doubt in my mind that conditioning did play a part. Lashly (forgive the spelling if not right) was a great player for Upperman. I noticed in about the third qtr. she missed two free throws and I knew her legs were going, I will say that I would not have had her gaurding Lambert this only added to her legs going. This made her tired for those shots at the end of the game. I also could not believe that Upperman tried to press the Chargerettes, I could not remember one turnover created from pressure. Two big clutch shots - Lee and Lambert with 3's when they were needed, again you are right conditioning pays off.

Adams stepped up huge and is a joy to watch play. I will say for Upperman it is unfortante they had to face this MC bunch, they would have slaughtered Polk.

Good Luck to the Chargettes on yet another state run.

Dana might as well hang it up. She has a talented team every year and blows it when it really counts /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I feel sorry for the girls though. good season Lady Bees.

And She has a Miss Basketball 2 years also great post coalminersdaughter other people know this also!!! Congats Lady Bees at least you made it to sub-state!!!

There is no doubt in my mind that conditioning did play a part. Lashly (forgive the spelling if not right) was a great player for Upperman. I noticed in about the third qtr. she missed two free throws and I knew her legs were going, I will say that I would not have had her gaurding Lambert this only added to her legs going. This made her tired for those shots at the end of the game. I also could not believe that Upperman tried to press the Chargerettes, I could not remember one turnover created from pressure. Two big clutch shots - Lee and Lambert with 3's when they were needed, again you are right conditioning pays off.

Adams stepped up huge and is a joy to watch play. I will say for Upperman it is unfortante they had to face this MC bunch, they would have slaughtered Polk.

Good Luck to the Chargettes on yet another state run.

They've worked really hard in the weightroom, in conditioning, and in practice. Games are easier than the workouts or practices in most cases. That was a clutch win tonight. Upperman gave them all they had. Huge to score the game's final 8 points including those six clutch free throws by Adams. She admitted to me after the game that she's probably never hit six straight free throws in her life. That might be in the Chattanooga paper tomorrow because their reporter was standing right there when she told me that. LOL

Can we at least have a score and a game recap here?

recap in a nutshell: Both teams came out playing an up tempo game, Central shooting in the paint, Upperman matching scores with the three. Game was tied at end of every qtr. at 16 end of 1, 29 end of 2, 43 all end of 3. Central subed in threes entire game and seemed to take the legs out of the Bees in the fourth qtr. it was tied late with Upperman missing shots and Central making foul shots. A very physical game all night with Boiles getting teed up late in game for slamming ball and language. All in allboth teams played hard and felt both coaches did a good job.

That may have been the best H.S. basketball game I've ever seen; boys or girls. Tied after every quarter except the most important one. "Clutch" Adams iced the game at the line. I noticed that Upperman had only 5 players score. Central had 9 players score. The depth helped. This game wouldn't have been as close had Gabby Jordan not left the game with an injury. I hope she heals up before Wednesday. I now she was heartbroken that she couldn't play the second half. Congratulations on a hard fought win. Keep that intensity. Go Big Blue!!!

That may have been the best H.S. basketball game I've ever seen; boys or girls. Tied after every quarter except the most important one. "Clutch" Adams iced the game at the line. I noticed that Upperman had only 5 players score. Central had 9 players score. The depth helped. This game wouldn't have been as close had Gabby Jordan not left the game with an injury. i overheard after the game that she had a scratched cornea. I hope she heals up before Wednesday. I now she was heartbroken that she couldn't play the second half. Congratulations on a hard fought win. Keep that intensity. Go Big Blue!!!

Prognosis is good for Gabby. I'll let her dad reveal the details if he so desires. I don't want to violate any privacy laws. As of right now, the outlook is good, and that's all I can say.

That is one of the best high school games I've seen. Another good one was the sectional in 2006 against Livingston. It was a one or two possesion game until the final seconds.

That's good news, Maniac. I hated it for her having to sit on the bench the second half. I'm glad they won so that she gets to play again. It would have been a shame for her H.S. career to end like that.

I'm looking forward to the trip over to the 'Boro.

I was really impressd with Upperman's team. It's a shame they met so soon. In my opinion, that was the championship game.