Nothing out of Bartlett today

Dragonmaster

DU, looks like it was close...

What is your coach's game plan for dealing with Central?

Bartlett led 15 to 6 in the 1st, 21 to 16 at the half. Millington led after 3 quarters 36 to 35. Millington finished with the lead 55-48. Very slow start for Millington, poor execution and going through the motions vs a very motivated Bartlett team proved to be a bad mixture for us. We woke up in the 2nd. Senior post Michele Brown had 25 and was named MVP. All tournament team for Millington was Ashley Robinson, Jasmine Newsome and LaTesa McLaughlin.

I must start by saying that I am extremely disappointed in the media coverage for Region 7AAA tournament. Actually, it made no sense to travel an hour away when all the teams from District 14AAA were playing each other. However, I must say that Liberty Tech did a great job as host. Officiating was actually BETTER than what we get at our on home - so absolutely NO complaints there. Great job LTM??¦??¦ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Moment to vent: Bartlett & Millington are geographically NOT considered as Memphis teams by inner city Memphians but are considered as Memphis teams by everyone else in the state. Often times we are just kinda in limbo and that is what the consensus of the parents on both teams seem to think ??“ based on hallway conversation. No local coverage the entire tournament is disheartening to say the least!

Additionally: NOT ONE box score was reported since the tournament host was supposed to report the scores. NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING about the 7AAA Regional Tournament. Total disappointment!

At any rate: Both 7AAA teams Millington Central and Bartlett live to fight another day and are both moving on to the Sub-State games on Saturday. Exciting time of the year! Very Exciting!

Region 7AAA Summary:

BARTLETT??¦??¦??¦..

Bartlett was lead all three games by Georgia signee: Jasmine ???JJ??? James

Game #1 ??“ 27 pts / 13 steals / 8 rebounds (set single game steal record for BHS)

Game #2 ??“ 33 pts / 11 steals / 7 assists

Game #3 ??“ 25 pts / 4 steals / 7 rebounds / 4 assists

James finished the tournament averaging 28.3pts / 9.6 steals per game and a slew of other stats.

Briana Walker fought off an early tournament virus which caused her to set out the first game of Regional and only saw limited minutes the second game. She has now regained her health and playing the role of enforcer and providing senior leadership.

Destiny James has flourished as the primary ball handler and has continued to weather the onslaught of defense that teams such as Millington delivery. Destiny has averaged double digits throughout post season play and more importantly ??“ has become extremely comfortable handling the ball as the season has progressed.

Jemil Jefferson has continued to play aggressive and fills the role of the do everything player. This young lady has been riddled with one nagging injury after another this season but continues to work hard.

Other Bartlett role players have continued to step up. They are not often mentioned but deserve credit for their hard work night in and night out; eventhough they are asked to sometimes play roles that are not necessarily their strengths. (Sydney Ray, Naudia Crisp, Tressala Smith)

Finals against Millington:

Bartlett came out as the aggressor and honestly had Millington back on their heals the entire first half. Bartlett actually lead the entire game until about mid-way through the third and Millington simply made plays (as GREAT teams do) down the stretch to secure the victory.

Millington??™s Jasmine Newsom, Tesa M., Ashley R., Tamara Brandon and Michelle Brown are playing extremely well. This is as talented of a group of players in the state as any other (including nationally). These young ladies understand their roles and know how to get the job done. I think a lot of people / teams counted Millington out in the early part of the season due to a couple of sub-par games. However, they are jelling at the right time of the year. Great effort this season ??“ thus far. Good luck to them as they continue to move through post season.

Another note: Michelle Brown is easily the biggest beneficiary of the solid guard play from Tesa and Newsom. The key thing for her is that she is very opportunistic. She is easily the fourth option on this team but takes advantage of her opportunities. She finishes around the basket and makes free throws and more importantly ??“ doesn??™t get out side of her role. Great job this season Michelle.

Great job to all! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Other all tournament team members not mentioned in the previous post: Bartlett - JJ, Bartlett - Destiny James, Cordova - Denioushious Bowman, Arlington - Ariel Hearn

DU, looks like it was close...

What is your coach's game plan for dealing with Central?

Very very close battle reboundmaster??¦??¦.. very close??¦??¦ unfortunately this isn??™t horse shoes so still not a victory??¦.. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> There is a lot to be said for having veteran tested players on both of these teams. Both teams fans were scattered on both sides of the gym but you would have sworn that the gym was packed. It was a fun fun / extremely competitive game to watch. EVERY possession meant something ??“ from jump ball to the end. This game was truly state tournament atmosphere. I thought we were in the ???glass house?????¦..

As far as your last question rebound ??“ I definitely have my thoughts and the inside track. But SURELY you don??™t think I??™m going to answer that! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good luck to all who are in the sweet 16??¦..

Bartlett led 15 to 6 in the 1st, 21 to 16 at the half. Millington led after 3 quarters 36 to 35. Millington finished with the lead 55-48. Very slow start for Millington, poor execution and going through the motions vs a very motivated Bartlett team proved to be a bad mixture for us. We woke up in the 2nd. Senior post Michele Brown had 25 and was named MVP. All tournament team for Millington was Ashley Robinson, Jasmine Newsome and LaTesa McLaughlin.

Hope to see you back in the Boro

I must start by saying that I am extremely disappointed in the media coverage for Region 7AAA tournament. Actually, it made no sense to travel an hour away when all the teams from District 14AAA were playing each other. However, I must say that Liberty Tech did a great job as host. Officiating was actually BETTER than what we get at our on home - so absolutely NO complaints there. Great job LTM??¦??¦ /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Moment to vent: Bartlett & Millington are geographically NOT considered as Memphis teams by inner city Memphians but are considered as Memphis teams by everyone else in the state. Often times we are just kinda in limbo and that is what the consensus of the parents on both teams seem to think ??“ based on hallway conversation. No local coverage the entire tournament is disheartening to say the least!

Additionally: NOT ONE box score was reported since the tournament host was supposed to report the scores. NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING about the 7AAA Regional Tournament. Total disappointment!

At any rate: Both 7AAA teams Millington Central and Bartlett live to fight another day and are both moving on to the Sub-State games on Saturday. Exciting time of the year! Very Exciting!

Region 7AAA Summary:

BARTLETT??¦??¦??¦..

Bartlett was lead all three games by Georgia signee: Jasmine ???JJ??? James

Game #1 ??“ 27 pts / 13 steals / 8 rebounds (set single game steal record for BHS)

Game #2 ??“ 33 pts / 11 steals / 7 assists

Game #3 ??“ 25 pts / 4 steals / 7 rebounds / 4 assists

James finished the tournament averaging 28.3pts / 9.6 steals per game and a slew of other stats.

Briana Walker fought off an early tournament virus which caused her to set out the first game of Regional and only saw limited minutes the second game. She has now regained her health and playing the role of enforcer and providing senior leadership.

Destiny James has flourished as the primary ball handler and has continued to weather the onslaught of defense that teams such as Millington delivery. Destiny has averaged double digits throughout post season play and more importantly ??“ has become extremely comfortable handling the ball as the season has progressed.

Jemil Jefferson has continued to play aggressive and fills the role of the do everything player. This young lady has been riddled with one nagging injury after another this season but continues to work hard.

Other Bartlett role players have continued to step up. They are not often mentioned but deserve credit for their hard work night in and night out; eventhough they are asked to sometimes play roles that are not necessarily their strengths. (Sydney Ray, Naudia Crisp, Tressala Smith)

Finals against Millington:

Bartlett came out as the aggressor and honestly had Millington back on their heals the entire first half. Bartlett actually lead the entire game until about mid-way through the third and Millington simply made plays (as GREAT teams do) down the stretch to secure the victory.

Millington??™s Jasmine Newsom, Tesa M., Ashley R., Tamara Brandon and Michelle Brown are playing extremely well. This is as talented of a group of players in the state as any other (including nationally). These young ladies understand their roles and know how to get the job done. I think a lot of people / teams counted Millington out in the early part of the season due to a couple of sub-par games. However, they are jelling at the right time of the year. Great effort this season ??“ thus far. Good luck to them as they continue to move through post season.

Another note: Michelle Brown is easily the biggest beneficiary of the solid guard play from Tesa and Newsom. The key thing for her is that she is very opportunistic. She is easily the fourth option on this team but takes advantage of her opportunities. She finishes around the basket and makes free throws and more importantly ??“ doesn??™t get out side of her role. Great job this season Michelle.

Great job to all! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Other all tournament team members not mentioned in the previous post: Bartlett - JJ, Bartlett - Destiny James, Cordova - Denioushious Bowman, Arlington - Ariel Hearn

DKDJ, I was interested that there was no media coverage. How was the crowds at the game? As we all know there was media coverage and it was you? If the CA decides to get out of the prep Basketball business, great supporters like you can do their job and if schools cannot even call anything in, you can get the information in to coachT 1800 number and it can be State Wide in Seconds. I can assure you up here in middle tennessee we watch the memphis scores carefully and get the boxes usually from someone on this site pretty quickly. CA is like snail mail now and Commentary is best done by the Almost professionals on this site. Thanks for giving us the information but Boo to the schools who do not even know how to use a phone or Cell phone. Bet if they were calling their girl friend, the boxes would be their in a minute. Tell your friends about T and get them to get the information there. You might be their best source. At least you seem to be.

Very very close battle reboundmaster?€¦?€¦.. very close?€¦?€¦ unfortunately this isn?€™t horse shoes so still not a victory?€¦.. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> There is a lot to be said for having veteran tested players on both of these teams. Both teams fans were scattered on both sides of the gym but you would have sworn that the gym was packed. It was a fun fun / extremely competitive game to watch. EVERY possession meant something ?€“ from jump ball to the end. This game was truly state tournament atmosphere. I thought we were in the ?€œglass house?€??€¦..

As far as your last question rebound ?€“ I definitely have my thoughts and the inside track. But SURELY you don?€™t think I?€™m going to answer that! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Good luck to all who are in the sweet 16?€¦..

Good review DU, as always. The crowd was great ( even the radio crew knows that /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

The only other thing, to me, was the number of turnovers ( more so unforced ones in the 1st half when Millington struggled ). If this team take care of the basketball and plays with intensity they did up in Liberty then we'll have a chance at a very happy evening tomorrow night /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

This is a very special group of young ladies. No matter what tomorrow's game brings it has been a great honor and privilege as a basketball fan and Bartlett alum to follow this team and these seniors. The parental support has been awesome. It makes me proud to be a Panther.

Got my popcorn man............................................... /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />