Gibson Co., Westview, Obion Co.

coachh17

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a long story...but it starts on a cold weary night in Ripley, Tennessee. WesCharge was found in a ditch 3 days later....pitiful story, NSHD can fill in the details....

NSHD's mind was not very coherant in regards to that night in Ripley. A fully accurate recap of the demise of WesCharge is really still to this day a mystery.

Another trial member of family (he was still in probationary period, no paperwork yet) was found hanging from the Tennessee River bridge on I-40 eastbound. The THP report is still inconclusive to this day as well. Clues continue to surface but still no definite facts and witnesses have come forth. The last account from this particular family member want-to-be came from WesCharge via cell. Those accounts were never reported.

R.I.P......WesCharge and want-to-be family member........may the Ghost of Spencer be with you always....

How many times did Westview beat Chester County that year? Was it 3 or 4?

If memory serves me correct...Westview beat Chester Co 3 times that year, and they were "no contests"!!! pukebag

Maybe he can get gold this year, with a silver for Westview...although it would be nice for Westview to win say....7-6 while holding the ball, thus making the TSSAA put in a shot clock!! Now next year, I HOPE the Wizard doesn't win gold!!!:wacko:

HeavyD vs Wizard in state final sumo wrestling....who ya got?

District 13 AA teams have a tought enough schedule, with just disctrict games alone and their local rivals. Example

Milan as all teams are is limited to 26 games:

12 games vs 13AA

2 games in county Christmas Tourn. that includes, Gibson Cty, Milan, Humboldt, Bradford & Trenton all of whom are competitive.

2 reg season games vs West Carroll who both teams won their district this year

2 reg season games vs Humboldt who are both top 10 state ranked

2 Union Christmas Tourn games for the girls and 2 for the boys in a mid state Christmas tourn, who you have no control over the draw.

2 reg season games vs Trinity Christian which are in their regional tournament

2 reg season games vs Lexington, which are former rivals in the previous 14AA district that came down to Lex or Milan 1 vs 2 every year.

2 HOF games with who is different every year.

Should Milan ever want a change it will be near impossible from now on ,as the brilliance of T$$AA has Milan in a 10 team district now. So 18 games will be district games and 2 to 4 at Christmas or HOF and only 2 other local rival games. I can't wait until we have a 2 week span in Feb of bad weather and have a full schedule of district games and then have 4-5 makeups. Would have to play 1/2 of a season in 2-3 weeks. Brilliant!!

I am dead and just remain on this world to haunt those who try to find me or figure out about my demise!!

leave the GhostofWesCharge in peace!

as for the original poster, I can't speak for this year as far as schedule, but I remember last year the team that finished 3rd in the district in 13AA tourney (Obion Co.) absolutely pasted the eventual state champion (Marshall Co.) during the regular season

So the state champ last year went 2-1 vs. 13AA:

1) they battled Milan punch for punch in the final that coulda gone either way

2) they embarrassed Gibson Co

3) they got embarrased by Obion Co

so you see the full spectrum there as all 3 of those 13AA teams along with Westview pretty much split all their games with each other (or put another way i think all those top 4 in 13AA beat each other at least once)

now I know this is a new year and that was last year, but I don't think West-TN has any cross-state games to use as comparables so that is why I referenced back a year

I'm really not sure how they stack up other than I'd bet Gibson and McMinn have to be considered co-favorites due to the scores of how they are (wo)manhandling other good teams

That is a fair enough analysis. I would imagine that in some years 13AA teams are among the state's best. In other years, they are probably not as good as their gaudy records. You cannot really tell until they get to Murfreesboro because they do not play anybody east of the Tennessee River. I wish they would schedule some of the better teams from the rest of the state every year. It would make them better and it would give us a little bit better basis for comparison. All we can do now is speculate. If Gibson or Westview wins it all, I will be the first to congratulate them. If they don't, I will be questioning the schedule.

Should Milan ever want a change it will be near impossible from now on ,as the brilliance of T$$AA has Milan in a 10 team district now. So 18 games will be district games and 2 to 4 at Christmas or HOF and only 2 other local rival games. I can't wait until we have a 2 week span in Feb of bad weather and have a full schedule of district games and then have 4-5 makeups. Would have to play 1/2 of a season in 2-3 weeks. Brilliant!!

14A has been doing it for the last four years. It is absolutely awful. 10 teams in a district is crazy when the other 3 districts that make up your substate area have 6 or less. Thankfully they moved Dresden and Gleason are moving to 13A so 14A is only going to have 8 in the next 4 years.

I agree with sls on the scheduling. Gibson Co is going to play Bradford, Trenton, and Humboldt twice a piece for the county rivalry. With Bradford and Humboldt being two of the top sinlge A teams in the state. Is it like playing Marshall Co and McMinn Co? No but they aren't just a single A bottom feeder.

I'm not a GC fan, but I do keep up with how they are doing. They are doing just fine to say the least. This team should bring the gold ball home, if they don't stumble and fall. I don't see that happening at all. They are just too good. They are young and fast and deep. What more could you ask for? Girls basketball is looking bright in Gibson County for many years to come. You can take that to the bank. When you beat teams by 30, 40,& 50 points and have a record of 32-0, that speaks volumes to me. Good luck from a West Tn. neighbor!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Bring that GOLD BALL to West Tn. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Something I have asked the T$$AA directly for years with no answer. Why are there 5 football classes and 3 basketball classes, when TN has 53 more basketball schools in the state than football schools? Don't make sense. Make 4 classes in all sports.

It was 3 but my point was Westview was a better team that year as was several other teams. Chester County

was very fortunate to win a Gold Ball that year.

It was 3 times. Westview reached their potential early. Chester played their best when it mattered! What was the Walker Valley vs Westview score? Walker Valley vs Chester Score? I know Chester won by about 20. How bad did Westview get beat? All I know is that Chester does have a Gold Ball sitting in their trophy case!