Dyer County @ Booker T Washington

1brutalchoctaw

This should be a great game. DC has won the last two sub-state games against BTW at home, BUT now you all have to come to the M-town. The previous games were close and this one should be also. The parking is terrible and BTW can get really loud especially if Larry McGaughey starts shooting NBA rainbow threes or the freshman stud "Martavious" Newby get any freedom to the lane to throw down a vicious dunk. DC fans it will be plenty of Cops at the game so you have nothing to worry about too....just typical fans that love their school like you all

good to know. i hope it gets very loud. our team feeds off the crowds energy as im sure yalls do to.

and i love being in a loud gym during a good basketball game.

is that big kid that played the past 2 years still there? aubrey phillips i believe?

Am I missing something?Was there a riot at BTW in past or something, or are we just stereotyping like

usual?

sounds like people are stereotyping as usual. monday night everyone in that gym will have something in common, they love their basketball and they love their individual team. if we all have respect for our opponents and their fans, they will too and we will be fine.

Dyer County will be bringing buses for students and i believe anybody else for $5. just call up to the school and ask.

tickets will also be on sale monday at the school for $7.

now to the actual game: I say this one is a toss up. whoever wants it more will win, Booker T Washington has homecourt advantage and im sure they will make plenty use of it. from what ive heard, Dyer County will need to contain McGaughey.

good luck to both teams, and may the best native american win!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the folks from Dyer County that labeled Covington players and fans "THUGS"---I hope you get to make the trip to Booker T. Washington on Monday night. Inner city Memphis will be glad to show you the true meaning of the word "THUG". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

endzone....this is basketball not football.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

endzone = area behind basketball goal behind the baseline....it happened during a Westview girls substate game 2 years ago. I check..I bet...call...call...I raise....RERAISE!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

For the folks from Dyer County that labeled Covington players and fans "THUGS"---I hope you get to make the trip to Booker T. Washington on Monday night. Inner city Memphis will be glad to show you the true meaning of the word "THUG". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

another example of stereotyping people from memphis. classless.

good to know. i hope it gets very loud. our team feeds off the crowds energy as im sure yalls do to.

and i love being in a loud gym during a good basketball game.

is that big kid that played the past 2 years still there? aubrey phillips i believe?

sounds like people are stereotyping as usual. monday night everyone in that gym will have something in common, they love their basketball and they love their individual team. if we all have respect for our opponents and their fans, they will too and we will be fine.

Dyer County will be bringing buses for students and i believe anybody else for $5. just call up to the school and ask.

tickets will also be on sale monday at the school for $7.

now to the actual game: I say this one is a toss up. whoever wants it more will win, Booker T Washington has homecourt advantage and im sure they will make plenty use of it. from what ive heard, Dyer County will need to contain McGaughey.

good luck to both teams, and may the best native american win!

Brutal Im not from BtW just go over and watch from time to time.. Aubrey Philips transfered to Olive Branch this year. He had given TN a verbal commitment in football but signed with another high D-1 football school...cant recall which one

Yo SIMPLEMAN............read the posts....it is simple so YOU SHOULD be able to get it. We did not label "players and fans THUGS" only the 2 who portrayed THUGS. Thanks that will be all now.

Yo SIMPLEMAN............read the posts....it is simple so YOU SHOULD be able to get it. We did not label "players and fans THUGS" only the 2 who portrayed THUGS. Thanks that will be all now.

Alright so two of our fans portrayed themselves as "thugs"----so what exactly does one do to portray themselves as "thugs" Is it the way they look? Or, is it the way they act? Lots of Dyer County people acted innappropriately also(see thread about cheerleaders) are they "portrayed" as "thugs" also? Believe me I understand how simple it is.

Alright so two of our fans portrayed themselves as "thugs"----so what exactly does one do to portray themselves as "thugs" Is it the way they look? Or, is it the way they act? Lots of Dyer County people acted innappropriately also(see thread about cheerleaders) are they "portrayed" as "thugs" also? Believe me I understand how simple it is.

Simpleman. DC fans complains about things like that when they lose. They find anything to talk about

as long as its not about them losing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />