Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigbird, the stats you came up with is good stuff. Our game plan is not to hold Temple to 30+ points. But it will be to play defense like you have never seen before. If carried out according to plan, then Temple should end up about 15-20 points under their average.

All smack talking aside, there aren't any bad teams playing Monday night and, across the state, it is anyone's game.

Clay is hosting the sectional for a reason. I have been in the "Dawg House" before and it is loud and rowdy. The fans really show great support for their team. It is extremely difficult for the best of teams to travel almost three hours and play a win or go home game in a loud, hostile environment.

I have heard that Clay plays excellent defense and holding eleven teams to forty points or less is a testament to your defense. The big question is your offense. That is the problem area for you all, I think. But, you do not have to have a big offense, if your defense creates plenty of turnovers and stops.

(Is it Monday, yet?)

Gomocs, I will be the first to tell you we are VERY happy not playing Grace Baptist. If we were that would mean we would be the traveling team and heading towards Chatty town once again.

But, we're not! We are the host team and Temple is the traveling team and THEY have to come into our house and prove once again how big and bad the Crusaders are. Seems I remember a certain very talented Mr. Skogan came calling 4 yrs ago determined to prove that same thing. But he found out different when they finished their tour of the UC.

The 1850 that our gym holds will be made up of 1500 rabid Bulldawg fans, the 150 to 200 that you might bring, and the rest will be the close knit District 7A fans that will be there just to see the City boys get their butt kicked AGAIN!

Just to let you know before the game starts, the home team will get the majority of the calls to go their way..Always have probably always will. The Sub-State road game is arguably the hardest game of the season to win for the traveling team. Our match-ups alone have proved that!

Bigbird, the stats you came up with is good stuff. Our game plan is not to hold Temple to 30+ points. But it will be to play defense like you have never seen before. If carried out according to plan, then Temple should end up about 15-20 points under their average.

The Dawg House will be Loud and Rockin' come Monday night! Should be a good show for all those attending!

Once again I hope no one gives us a chance to win! That means we can play and have fun while doing it and Temple will have the pressure on them to meet the lofty expectations doled out by their fans and media alike!

Temple and Grace are both playing some great bball. I think they can handle whatever comes......rabid daaaaaawgs and all!!!! Go get 'em Crusaders!!! I can't believe I said that...oh well... I can say that 'till we meet again!

All smack talking aside, there aren't any bad teams playing Monday night and, across the state, it is anyone's game.

(Is it Monday, yet?)

Bigbird, I couldn't have said it better myself!

We can all have fun spouting off what we HOPE our teams do, but it will be up to the guys when its gametime to put up or shut up. We know as well you do that either one of these teams could win this game whether it being played in Celina or Chattanooga or out in a field in Tim-Buk-Too!

The main thing we all need to remember and so many forget sometimes is that it is just a GAME...An important game mind you...BUT JUST A GAME!

I just hope the teams play to the best of their ability without injury and our guests from the east come, enjoy themselves and return safely home to see Tuesday!

Nothing to write home about.

Wed Feb. 13 Monterey D7A at Livingston Academy W 62-47

Fri Feb. 15 Jackson Co. D7A at Livingston Academy W 59-56

Tue Feb. 19 #19 Pickett Co. D7A at Livingston Academy L 31-59

Sat Feb. 23 Gordonsville R4A Quarter Final at Upperman W 60-46

Tue Feb. 26 Westmoreland R4A Semi at Upperman L 45-61

Overall Record: 14-12

District Record: 3-3

Gomocs, I will be the first to tell you we are VERY happy not playing Grace Baptist. If we were that would mean we would be the traveling team and heading towards Chatty town once again.

But, we're not! We are the host team and Temple is the traveling team and THEY have to come into our house and prove once again how big and bad the Crusaders are. Seems I remember a certain very talented Mr. Skogan came calling 4 yrs ago determined to prove that same thing. But he found out different when they finished their tour of the UC.

The 1850 that our gym holds will be made up of 1500 rabid Bulldawg fans, the 150 to 200 that you might bring, and the rest will be the close knit District 7A fans that will be there just to see the City boys get their butt kicked AGAIN!

Just to let you know before the game starts, the home team will get the majority of the calls to go their way..Always have probably always will. The Sub-State road game is arguably the hardest game of the season to win for the traveling team. Our match-ups alone have proved that!

The Dawg House will be Loud and Rockin' come Monday night! Should be a good show for all those attending!

Once again I hope no one gives us a chance to win! That means we can play and have fun while doing it and Temple will have the pressure on them to meet the lofty expectations doled out by their fans and media alike!

you have quite the confidence.. young sir seeing how the 1500 people will be watching and not on the court it is 10 people playing and that is all and the 200 people from temple wil be sitin the same as the 1500.. newho hope to you on the sidelines sadfaced when these city boys give u the businness

you have quite the confidence.. young sir seeing how the 1500 people will be watching and not on the court it is 10 people playing and that is all and the 200 people from temple wil be sitin the same as the 1500.. newho hope to you on the sidelines sadfaced when these city boys give u the businness

Confidence comes with age...my younger years have passed me by. I my friend am preparing for the climb toward the peak. Looking forward to the coasting the backside of the mountain provides. But I do appreciate the compliment.

Plus, there's a good chance the majority won't be sitting but instead standing and cheering! The only sad faces will be those realizing the long bus ride that awaits them as they travel back to the lonely confines of the Southeastern corner of our lovely state! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Nothing to write home about.

Wed Feb. 13 Monterey D7A at Livingston Academy W 62-47

Fri Feb. 15 Jackson Co. D7A at Livingston Academy W 59-56

Tue Feb. 19 #19 Pickett Co. D7A at Livingston Academy L 31-59

Sat Feb. 23 Gordonsville R4A Quarter Final at Upperman W 60-46

Tue Feb. 26 Westmoreland R4A Semi at Upperman L 45-61

Overall Record: 14-12

District Record: 3-3

What's made them so successful this year?

ok, well as long as you know your lucky! BUT NOT SO FAST MY RED NECKED FREINDS IN A COUNTY FAR FAR AWAY!!! you still have to play the #8 Tennessee Temple Cusaders who beat Grace one time this year, and have one of the best gurds in the state, and about these so called loud bulldog fans. if you have ever seen a Grace Temple game you will know that temple has been through some of the worst hecklings ever given in high school sports in almost every game they play the golden eagles, so i dont know how affected they will be by 1500 parents clapping. just a thought. Go Chattanooga boys!!

Confidence comes with age...my younger years have passed me by. I my friend am preparing for the climb toward the peak. Looking forward to the coasting the backside of the mountain provides. But I do appreciate the compliment.

Plus, there's a good chance the majority won't be sitting but instead standing and cheering! The only sad faces will be those realizing the long bus ride that awaits them! I they travel back to the lonely confines of the Southeastern corner of our lovely state! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Now TopDawg, you know the ride home from a season/career ending loss feels like the other end of the country even if it is just to the other end of the county. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />