Temple (25-6) @ Clay County (27-6) (Sub-State Match-up)

TopDawg83

If Clay County's coaches learned anything from my "scouting report", they are lucky to have a team in sub-state. My guess is their coaches are thrifty enough to already have better knowledge of the Crusaders than a lot of us do. They've probably already seen game film, etc.

The reason I gave that info was to try to get a Clay County fan to tell us a little about their team. That obviously didn't work because I still don't know the first thing about them.

Coming from a rival coach i will tell you what you will face in Clay Co. First of all its absolutely the loudest gym your team will ever play in. Their fans are very passionate about their teams and support them very well. Secondly you're talking about a senior laden team that knows what its like to be in tough games. These young men were freshman when my son and the rest of the Clay Co. Bulldawgs beat Temple 3 years ago in what was a great game. They are solid and deep at every position. They can knock down the three or dunk it on you in transition. Its true the best thing they do is play defense but Coach Edwards is a good coach and his teams are always very well prepared. They will take what you do best away from you, and it will be up to your coach and team to make adjustments to try to win the game. Clay Co. is a very tough place to play and the 2 1/2 hour bus ride up there doesn't make it any easier. CSAS came to our house last year with a team that everyone said was going to run us out of the gym and you seen what happened. Yes we played a near perfect game but that doesn't matter. I look for Clay Co. to be just as good on their home floor tonight and i look for the same outcome. A win for the home team. I"m sure you'll get the fans riled up Darrell with your commentary and we wish you guys the best of luck and hope to be watching you in the buro'. Coach J

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well having a son that played in the last game against Temple in 06' that beat them in Celina,and having beaten CSAS last year as an asst coach for Jackson Co. i am inclined to believe the home team will prevail. CSAS brought a very good team up here last year and was beaten in one of the best games i've been privy to coach in and the Temple game up here in 06' was also a classic. I see a very close game between these two teams but in the end the home team wins. Its just hard for me to believe that any Class A team with a Jeremy Sexton on it doesn't win and host the substate but they obviously didn't. Good luck to the Clay Co. Bulldogs and Coach Rob Edwards from all of us over here in Jackson Co. We'll be pulling for you guys and hopefully next year we will be the ones hosting the substate again!!

I hope J county does to devil fanatic.. But i disagree with you on the outcome of this win. I think temple comes in and takes his one. Just dont think that Celina had the fire power or the defensive to do what the Jackson county team did last year. They was led by 4 seniors, Crowder, Loftis,Hensley, and kerley. They shot the ball great and played defense. I dont think celina can do either. Good luck to both teams. I can be wrong i have been before.Hope Coach Edwards can pull this out his sleeve...

As usual teams from down around the Chatt. area think they are the only ones that can play ball. I would love to see the team that says they will beat the Dawgs by 30 especially on their own floor. You Temple guys better hope you can score 30 LOL. It's hard to score when you don't have the ball. Temple better shoot lights out when they get it b/c Clay will control the tempo. There's more ways than one to skin a Crusader !!! Bet that would make some good BBQ /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good job temple see yall at mtsu! Go Eagles!! its on now /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> good job temple see yall at mtsu! Go Eagles!! its on now /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Far from 30 Temple............BTW LA sent Tyner packing and I hope they draw Brainerd so we can send them home as well. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />