2. Brentwood

3. Ravenwood

4. Brentwood Academy

5. Page

6. BGA

7. Centennial

8. Franklin

9. Fairview

Indy and Brentwood are neck and neck for the top spot. Indy has a great pre-season and will have a great season as long as everyone stays healthy. Brentwood has to be concerned about Hillis's arm trouble. If he stays healthy, they have a great chance of overtaking Indy. Ravenwood is a quality team that is starting to build a pretty good tradition for itself. BA lost some key parts to last years team but are well coached and will remain a top tier team. Page has the best young coach in the district and has a great squad that I think will make the state tourney this year.

BGA lost alot and will be in rebuilding mode. Centennial will struggle on the mound and their loss to Page shows some signs of concern. Franklin lost way too much to be competitive this season, and no one has any info on the new coaches. Fairview is Fairview, always has been last always will be.

Feel free to share your opinions as I know some of you will disagree with my assessment.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Independence

2. Brentwood

3. Ravenwood

4. Brentwood Academy

5. Page

6. BGA

7. Centennial

8. Franklin

9. Fairview

Indy and Brentwood are neck and neck for the top spot. Indy has a great pre-season and will have a great season as long as everyone stays healthy. Brentwood has to be concerned about Hillis's arm trouble. If he stays healthy, they have a great chance of overtaking Indy. Ravenwood is a quality team that is starting to build a pretty good tradition for itself. BA lost some key parts to last years team but are well coached and will remain a top tier team. Page has the best young coach in the district and has a great squad that I think will make the state tourney this year.

BGA lost alot and will be in rebuilding mode. Centennial will struggle on the mound and their loss to Page shows some signs of concern. Franklin lost way too much to be competitive this season, and no one has any info on the new coaches. Fairview is Fairview, always has been last always will be.

Feel free to share your opinions as I know some of you will disagree with my assessment.

I agree with all of these except I would put Page above Brentwood Academy. Independence is hands down the most talented team in the county. If they can put their ego's aside and play like a team they will be very successful!

I agree with all of these except I would put Page above Brentwood Academy. Independence is hands down the most talented team in the county. If they can put their ego's aside and play like a team they will be very successful!

Brentwood Academy would clean up on the rest of that group. Brentwood might be able to play with them if they could hit but they cant. Indy is probably a year away from being in BA's class.

1. Independence

2. Brentwood

3. Ravenwood

4. Brentwood Academy

5. Page

6. BGA

7. Centennial

8. Franklin

9. Fairview

yes i do disagree even if hillis does have arm trouble they have Ray who is there number one starter. Indy will be shut down. if you look up in the dictionary overrated Independence is the definition

Brentwood Academy would clean up on the rest of that group. Brentwood might be able to play with them if they could hit but they cant. Indy is probably a year away from being in BA's class.

How is BA in a higher class than any of these teams? They got spanked by Ravenwood in the preseason.

How is BA in a higher class than any of these teams? They got spanked by Ravenwood in the preseason.

Seriously? BA has alot of their state championship team back from LY. Lungborg replaces Stallings behind the plate with no problem. They will miss Stalings on the mound but thats about it.

Ravenwood lost their two best hitters and their best pitcher. They will be pretty good but I dont put alot into team performances in scrimmages. If BA played Ravenwood a best of 7 series, I'd take BA in 5 or 6. JMO.

Seriously? BA has alot of their state championship team back from LY. Lungborg replaces Stallings behind the plate with no problem. They will miss Stalings on the mound but thats about it.

Ravenwood lost their two best hitters and their best pitcher. They will be pretty good but I dont put alot into team performances in scrimmages. If BA played Ravenwood a best of 7 series, I'd take BA in 5 or 6. JMO.

Your argument might be relevant if you wouldn't have forgotten about BA losing Jacobs and Jones. Jacobs was all-state and Jones went to lipscomb to play. Ravenwood lost 3 seniors, one that barely played. Carter and Parsley were great, but players will fill their roles as Ravenwood gained a lot last year in experience. Ravenwood has a better pitching staff this year as well.

1.Franklin

2.Brentwood

3.Independence

4.Centenial

5.Ravenwood

6.BGA

7.Page

8.BA

9.Fairview

Franklin has a solid infield led by super soph Jake Little, a solid outfield led by senior cf Matt Young, the best catcher in wmson co. in Pat Raley, and they are very deep in pitching headed up by Colton Robertson. This team should have chemistry(unlike last years team)and I think they will have a surprisingly good year.

Brentwood has the pitching to battle for the top spot.

Independence has a strong soph class to go along with Josh Lee and they have good pitching but not alot of depth. Should battle for the top spot also.

Centenial has a lot of good sticks in the line up like Tony Kemp(best player in the county)but are going to have a hard time getting guys out with their lack of pitching. They might surprise people in the end.

Ravenwood may struggle this year after their recent success, dont have the horses to compete for the top.

BGA is young, look for them to make a run next year.

Page,BA, and Fairview will battle for the bottom spots.

Going off of scrimmage results is about as lame as this pole. Ravenwood played the scrimmage like it was the state championship game. BA pulled it's starters by the 4th inning and Ravenwood scored some runs (no way 18) off of two freshmen who could not throw strikes.

This past week BA beat Brentwood to death. Ray threw 3 innings and Hillis threw 1. I think BA was the better team, but not because of a pre-season high school scrimmage.

Going off of scrimmage results is about as lame as this pole. Ravenwood played the scrimmage like it was the state championship game. BA pulled it's starters by the 4th inning and Ravenwood scored some runs (no way 18) off of two freshmen who could not throw strikes.

This past week BA beat Brentwood to death. Ray threw 3 innings and Hillis threw 1. I think BA was the better team, but not because of a pre-season high school scrimmage.

I dont know if you were there, but yes the final Score shows that BA beat Brentwood Pretty handly, but 9 of the runs were scored by BA's JV team on Brentwoods JV team. WHen both teams took there starting core out the score was only 5-3! So just remember son get all your facts not just some of them to make yourself look good, but you did get the pitching stats right and i do agree BA is probably better but there not Farragut better.

I dont know if you were there, but yes the final Score shows that BA beat Brentwood Pretty handly, but 9 of the runs were scored by BA's JV team on Brentwoods JV team. WHen both teams took there starting core out the score was only 5-3! So just remember son get all your facts not just some of them to make yourself look good, but you did get the pitching stats right and i do agree BA is probably better but there not Farragut better.

My point is that the scrimmages are no way to judge. I don't blame you for being a little sensitive, if you are a BHS fan. BHS left there varsity in and was being scored upon by the BA junior varsity. Many of the 10 runs were surrendered by Robby Ray. I don't think BHS even scored until Tyler Berlin, who will be starting for the JV today, came into the game in the 7th inning. Other than solid pitching, BHS is very, very shaky. Ravenwood is a much better hitting team and fielding. However, pitching is a huge part of things, as we all know.

I agree - BA could not play with Farragut. You do realize that we have 220 boys in our high school and no one ever accused us of recruiting a baseball player. You guys and Farragut have a lot more boys to pick from. In all fairness 4 of the BA starting nine would attend BHS, if they went to public school.