2009 Warren Co. Pioneers

Nitro14

First of all, Congratulations to the Warren Co. Pioneers on their victory Friday night. Will never hear excuses from me, you won and deserved it. Got to give a little credit to the Tigers though, the way they fought back after being down 28-7. Dont often hear of teams making that big of a comeback. Was definitely an exciting football game for both teams. And to answer your question LostOldDad, no their was not much if any defense. There were 13 td's scored, DeKalb punted twice and Warren punted only a few times.

This is all you need to know about the defenses. This is the stats for the losing team, which is hard to believe. If anyone can post some stats for Warren it would be appreciated. It would be interesting to see the total offensive production from both teams in this game. Would like to know how many rushing yards we gave up, I think Warren only had one completion all night. That being the game winner, 82 yard td pass.

DeKalb Stats vs Warren Co. (Aug. 21)

Passing:

Hunter Poteete- 21 of 38, 361 yards; 5 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions, averaged 17.2 yards per completion

Rushing:

Hunter Poteete- 19 - 101 yards, 1 Touchdown, 5.3 yards per carry

Matt Collier- 1 - (-1) yard, -1 yard per rush

Sebastian Phillips- 3 - (- 2) yards, -.7 yards per rush

Receiving:

Abram Edwards- 12 - 207 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 17.2 yards per reception

Frank Morris- 4 - 73 yards, 2 Touchdowns, 18.3 yards per reception

Sonni Young- 1 - 23 yards, 1 Touchdown, 23 yards per reception

Zack Taylor- 2 - 43 yards, 21.5 yards per reception

Derrick Ward- 1 - 11 yards, 11 yards per reception

Matt Giles- 1 - 4 yards, 4 yards per reception

Kicks/Punts:

Zack Taylor- 1 punt, 27 yards (made 6 extra points), 27 yards per punt, 6/6 on PAT

Shane Salley- 1 punt, 54 yards, 54 yards per punt

Abram Edwards- 1 punt return, 10 yards, 10 yards per punt return

Abram Edwards- 4 kick off returns, 119 yards, 29.8 yards per kick off return

Hunter Poteete- 2 kick off returns, 66 yards, 33 per kick off return

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He always has the stats ready for the post game show on the radio. I enjoy listening to the guys during the pre and post game shows on the radio. We tailgate out by the locker room with it on and they help us get pumped for Pioneer Football! Rob calls it like he sees it and is always fun to be around.

Friday night was one of the best football games I have seen in a while. Despite what some people have posted on here, the Pioneers played some defense. Poteete & Co. can put up some points on anybody. The Pioneer fans were chanting "Defense" there towards the end it reminded me of years past. Glad the class of "69" was there with us! Just an all around great night of seeing the Pioneers come together and not giving up and the fans being behind them to root them on to victory! If you have ever had a cramp you know how it feels, and for players on both teams to fight through that and keep competing like warriors was a testimony to their heart and love for the game!

Thanks wingman10! We know Shelbyville always has some athletes! Screamingeagle09, don't be too cocky, we shut ya'll out last year on your field! I know last year was last year, but don't think the 42 we gave up against Dekalb will mean you will do it! Poteete and Edwards are two of the best in the state! Plus, I am sure Coach Evans (DC) will put in some OT with our defense this week and our boys will be ready! Nunley Stadium will be rockin!

The "Hole" as some people call it actually called the Horseshoe! 104.5 was talking the other day about the best places to play high school football and mentioned our Nunley Stadium. Pioneer Pride runs deep baby! We love our team and our tradition. Our fans will be out in full force Friday night! Strap it up and let's get it on!