Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

quote from krichunaka

Kelsey Hall was very steady. Without her, it's difficult to see how Oliver Springs wins the game.

triple overtime thriller thread

Kazam....you nailed it. Cloudland would have been in the Boro this year and last, were it not for the heroic efforts of Christopher. She is the rare player that is worth about 40 points per game; the twenty that she scores, the 10 she creates for teammates due to the attention on her, and the 10 she prevents the other team from scoring with her defense. When you have a superstar, you just saddle them up and enjoy the ride. The better your supporting cast and the sooner they accept their roles, the better you will be. I have not seen this OZ team, but my sense is they are not as good from 2 through 7 as the Laura Hall team of 2004 or maybe even the 2005 team. Any team that can contain Christopher at this level should have a good chance to win. The other players could take all this and let it serve to motivate them to step up big under the bright lights. If they do, with Christopher playing well they might just upset Clarkrange. Of course, there is the matter of Lake County first!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading about KC in some posts from last year..Said she's abou 5'9 and had several colleger offers from Baylor,Florida,M.T.S.U. and several others..Said she went 10 for 14 against Clarkrange...And is deadly down in the post..Looks like Lake Co has their work cut out for them..She's about 4 or 5 inches taller than T.T...I believe it's going to be a good game..!

Kayla Christopher has signed with Tn. Chattanooga. I saw her play in the state tournament as a sophmore three times. She is very good, I thought then that she would be SEC caliber by her senior year. She was their team then as a Sophmore.

Kayla Hudson from Gleason matched up with her and was a better player that tournament. Of course Kayla Hudson was a senior and Kayla Christopher was a sophmore. It will be a battle for Lake County, I wouldnt start TT out on Christopher or TT might get in foul trouble. If TT gets in foul trouble then Lake County is in trouble in my opinion.

If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah, go ahead, but Christopher is all OZ has got. Shut her down, and you'll win...

christopher is the leader of the team. but hall, and harper , makes some good plays as well. and they go hard after every thing .

If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah, go ahead, but Christopher is all OZ has got. Shut her down, and you'll win...

I hope thats what you think their numness Hall probably played one of the best games i have ever seen out of a HS point guard and the rest of team key word their playerd outstanding...GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hope thats what you think their numness Hall probably played one of the best games i have ever seen out of a HS point guard and the rest of team key word their playerd outstanding...GO LADY BOBCATS... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Christopher is not all OZ has. Yea agree she is a big play maker. But you have other other girl that are ready to step up when needed. I think Hall will come out and surprise people and be another threat, and Hopper is a good shooter when needed. And down low Ollis is a big girl to go to and can finish around the rim. On the defensive side I don't think we will have a problem....I think it will be a good game till the start of the 4th and Oliver Springs will start flicking and pull ahead...I give Oz by 10 at the end

I've been reading about KC in some posts from last year..Said she's abou 5'9 and had several colleger offers from Baylor,Florida,M.T.S.U. and several others..Said she went 10 for 14 against Clarkrange...And is deadly down in the post..Looks like Lake Co has their work cut out for them..She's about 4 or 5 inches taller than T.T...I believe it's going to be a good game..!

She did what against CR!? She was held to single digits the first game and barely got into double digits the second game. Better research that a little more. We played her straight up and doubled off the wing when she tried to penetrate. She is a very good player who can create for other players, that was one of the few times she has been held to single digits in a long time. I can't really remember the other players. I missed the second game and its been a long time. There is a #24 I think is pretty good. We played normal help defense against them and tried to keep out of foul trouble. Don't let her dictate where she is at, make her play and keep her out of rhythm. You don't have to try to be physical, you just need to keep someone up on her and make her work for her shot. If you lay back she will eat you up.

I think this will be a great game with two teams who are very similar. I remember seeing KC play in the tournament as a sophomore I thought then that she should have been a Miss Basketball finalist. She is a great player and at the time they had some solid supporting players. But I think that many people who don't know much about Lake County will be surprised and when they see T.T. Flowers play they will be thinking what I though about Kayla as a sophomore...This girl is Very Good!!!! Let's not forget that Lake County has several players who can play... Tarrida Abbott is a great player, Renita Kinney can make big plays as well, Hope Ross is a monster in the boards, and they have more players that can come off the bench and make plays. I look for Lake County to take this one in a very close game. Everyone is talking about who will guard Christopher which is a good question but here is another good question 'Who on Oliver Springs is going to try to slow down T.T. Flowers"?

Good Luck LC; I will be there routing for you!!!

Bigster.. I really enjoy reading all your post! You do a great play-by-play and remember ALL the details!! I wish my memory served me that well! Good Luck Lake County! We are pulling for you!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You have a great young team that will do great things!! This will be a very exciting game!

She did what against CR!? She was held to single digits the first game and barely got into double digits the second game. Better research that a little more. We played her straight up and doubled off the wing when she tried to penetrate. She is a very good player who can create for other players, that was one of the few times she has been held to single digits in a long time. I can't really remember the other players. I missed the second game and its been a long time. There is a #24 I think is pretty good. We played normal help defense against them and tried to keep out of foul trouble. Don't let her dictate where she is at, make her play and keep her out of rhythm. You don't have to try to be physical, you just need to keep someone up on her and make her work for her shot. If you lay back she will eat you up.

I just clicked on search with her name and read a few posts..Are you talking about what she did against yall this year..I said last year..I didn't read a lot..just that she had offers on the table from last year that I read about so I thought or assummed she would be better this year..!

Bigster.. I really enjoy reading all your post! You do a great play-by-play and remember ALL the details!! I wish my memory served me that well! Good Luck Lake County! We are pulling for you!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You have a great young team that will do great things!! This will be a very exciting game!

Thanks..I try my best..I usually try to tell things the way I see them..I thought Bradford would be here with Lake Co..probably had the talent to go a long way..Like I said..I was afraid if they got the wrong officials or officials that called a close game..could spell trouble..Bradford had a lot of talent..I've also spoke critical about Lake co on occassion..Said Renita wasn't playing very well and T.T. was carrying the load..Bu lately Renita and Hope Ross have both stepped up!I know there are going to be a lot of very good teams there..Just hope Lake Co doesn't let their youth or nerves get the best of them..I believe they're going to do ok..May not win a game..Just hope this is something to build on for next year !