Lake Co vs Oliver Springs

mrbigster

How tall is KC?Does Oliver Springs have a lot of height or big girls..Do they like to run ..Play man to man or zone?Lake Co doesn't have a lot of height..But they do have good speed in Tereda Abbott,Renita Kinney and T.T.Flowers and Carnation Hart..Carnation and T.T. are freshmen..I look for eithe rTereda Abbott or Renita Kinney tp play defense on KC..Then maybe T.T. later..Probably will want to keep T.T. from getting a lot of early fouls..One thing about her though..Even though KC may be up for Miss Basketball..T.T. won't back down and I expect her to hold her own no matter who she is playing against..T.T. will play hard the whole game..And is as fast as they come..!

I taught Carnation's mom at Lara Kendall. Great student and person. Hope Carnation does well. Is T.T. the niece of Demia?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to hold hands and sing Kumbayah, go ahead, but Christopher is all OZ has got. Shut her down, and you'll win...

I'm sure everyone in Oliver Springs is hoping your coach thinks just like you do because this ISN'T the case at all. Christopher's supporting cast has got overlooked all year, and I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to prove you and everyone else in Lake County wrong. Go lady cats! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I taught Carnation's mom at Lara Kendall. Great student and person. Hope Carnation does well. Is T.T. the niece of Demia?

Yes T.T. is Demia's niece..Demia has been to all the games as far as I could tell..I usually see her every game.. T.T.s dad was all state running back Jewel Flowers that lost in the State Championship game to South Pittsburg years ago !

I'm sure everyone in Oliver Springs is hoping your coach thinks just like you do because this ISN'T the case at all. Christopher's supporting cast has got overlooked all year, and I'm sure they'd love nothing more than to prove you and everyone else in Lake County wrong. Go lady cats! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

True fan..Think about what you are saying..I pretty well know most posters ..especially from Lake Co..and I don't think this poster is from Lake Co...For one..doubt anyone from Lake Co has seen her play...I would think it's someone from your district or someone Oliver Springs has beaten this year..Just a guess !

I agree wholeheartedly with Truefan, keep overlooking the other players please do. See what happens to Lake Co. when the other players show up. Make it easier on OS /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Again..Don't think anyone in Lake Co wrote that and is thinking that..Same with T.T.for Lake Co..She is the catalyst but their are other good players besides her..

True fan..Think about what you are saying..I pretty well know most posters ..especially from Lake Co..and I don't think this poster is from Lake Co...For one..doubt anyone from Lake Co has seen her play...I would think it's someone from your district or someone Oliver Springs has beaten this year..Just a guess !

Actually, my team has beaten OZ every time we played this year. I'm just speaking the truth. It's a lot like playing JC, only JC does have a little more than Leonard. Box and 1 all the way... /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Probably the four best teams are in the same bracket. It could be worse like Bigster said, at least you dont play Clark Range in the first game. Clark Range has already beaten Oliver Springs by 10 and 16. Lake County can beat Oliver Springs, if they can hold Kayla Christopher down.

Can TT Flowers guard Kayla Christopher? (Freshman vs Miss Basketball) I think that will be an interesting matchup and it may surprise alot of people in Murfreesboro. Go Lake County.

GFF,

I like the way you think! KC vs TT! May surprise many! Should be interesting to see this match up! See ya up there GFF!

sbl

Look at it any way you wish.....but the bottom line is No Kayla = No State Tournament! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sure her supporting cast is capable of playing solid basketball and they are all pretty well coached. When they execute their sets effectively they don't nessesarily have to rely on Kayla to score. But Don't make the mistake of thinking anyone else in the line up can do any thing close to what Miss Christopher does. Shoot....the only way she doesn't effect the outcome is if she is on the bench......good luck with that! If the supporting cast shows up ready to play Lake Co. will have their hands full. If they don't.....not even Kayla Christopher can continue to pull victory out of the Jaws of Defeat against the competition at this level! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

Oliver Springs is solid and yes Kayla is a Miss Basketball finalist so she gets top billing- but they have others that can play. As for the Lady Falcons, I've watched LC play and defeat two quality teams over the last week in Bradford and Middleton. An outstanding Fr. in T.T. Flowers but they rebound well and are fundamentally sound.

My hope is that LC is not to awe struck when the get on the big stage in the BORO /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

If they settle down and play their type of game, this one will be fun to watch.

No doubt they are in the tough bracket in 1A but the play well and the team defense was the reason they are in the state tourney as they held Middleton to six points total in the 2nd half of the sub-state and NO points scored by Middleton

in the last qtr. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

good luck to the Lady Falcons and my best to oliver springs - it should be a great 1st round matchup /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Look at it any way you wish.....but the bottom line is No Kayla = No State Tournament! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Sure her supporting cast is capable of playing solid basketball and they are all pretty well coached. When they execute their sets effectively they don't nessesarily have to rely on Kayla to score. But Don't make the mistake of thinking anyone else in the line up can do any thing close to what Miss Christopher does. Shoot....the only way she doesn't effect the outcome is if she is on the bench......good luck with that! If the supporting cast shows up ready to play Lake Co. will have their hands full. If they don't.....not even Kayla Christopher can continue to pull victory out of the Jaws of Defeat against the competition at this level! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kazzy

Kazam....you nailed it. Cloudland would have been in the Boro this year and last, were it not for the heroic efforts of Christopher. She is the rare player that is worth about 40 points per game; the twenty that she scores, the 10 she creates for teammates due to the attention on her, and the 10 she prevents the other team from scoring with her defense. When you have a superstar, you just saddle them up and enjoy the ride. The better your supporting cast and the sooner they accept their roles, the better you will be. I have not seen this OZ team, but my sense is they are not as good from 2 through 7 as the Laura Hall team of 2004 or maybe even the 2005 team. Any team that can contain Christopher at this level should have a good chance to win. The other players could take all this and let it serve to motivate them to step up big under the bright lights. If they do, with Christopher playing well they might just upset Clarkrange. Of course, there is the matter of Lake County first!