Madison - Pickett Co.

jeffh11

I was just responding to a post by "Greenfieldfan" that said that their district was the toughest in the state. I was just showing him I beg to differ. And I made that post hours ago before I ask you to come back to this thread.

As for you coming back to this thread, I was just trying to pull you away from that pack of wolves that just about had you left for dead.

You want to talk some ball. One of us started this about the SOS that PC and Madison had. And there's no comparison as far as I concerned. PC is ranked 3rd whereas your team is ranked in the 68th spot. Pretty good gap there wouldn't you say. What does that mean tomorrow when these 2 square off. Probably means a bunch when you have had to play your heart out night in and night out. Their schedule has prepared these Lady Bobcats for this time of the year. If it didn't mean anything why would they keep stats. PC has played the 3rd hardest schedule in the entire state in A and finished 4th in their district. What does that tell you about that district.

There's no question that PC losing their point guard has been a big blow to this team. But they went on the road saturaday night and played their hearts out to get this far and I don't see them quitting now.

i agree. Pickett PROBABLY DOES have a stronger SOS. but once again, many of the big time games they have lost throughout this season (with the exception of Jackson County and CAS).. the argument of you having a tougher scheduele than madison is getting old, NOBODY is disagreeing. however, when you look at the big wins this year, Madison does have quite a few

just 16 hours away.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to mislead you, I am not from PC. I am just supporting 7a. I was responding to your post about how Madison rules all and everyone else stinks. I am a CR supporter and we know we have a tough road ahead of us regardless what the season stats say. I hope your girls don't carry the same joy of drawing PC in the first round, if so it could be a very dissappointing trip to the boro'. You had better respect all of the opponents that are left or I guarantee you will get smacked in the face by one.

I do agree that regular season means nothing, you have to win 3 more games, that is all the matters!!

Options I'm pretty much like you in that I have no ties with Pickett Co. other than I am pulling for them. And I am of course pulling for the Lady Buffaloes as well. I am from HOG-EYE country.

All I was saying is that the regular season serves as a pretest if you will for getting to the state tournament. Why do you think coaches schedule teams that are better than them ? B/b if your going to be the best you have to play and beat the best.

i agree. Pickett PROBABLY DOES have a stronger SOS. but once again, many of the big time games they have lost throughout this season (with the exception of Jackson County and CAS).. the argument of you having a tougher scheduele than madison is getting old, NOBODY is disagreeing. however, when you look at the big wins this year, Madison does have quite a few

just 16 hours away.

It's getting old now that I proved to you that your team played the 68 hardest schedule compared to PC's 3rd hardest. And by not winning those games against tough competition means more to a player than beating a patsy by 40 points. I don't know the exact scores between PC and Clarkrange but PC held their own in a couple of those games. Maybe CR had their subs in I don't know. Anyway look for the Bobcats to claw and scrap start to finish.

as a matter of fact, we beat the #3 DII team /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

you'll see when it comes game time tomorrow,i havent seen madison play just like you havent seen pickett play..but ive heard from a few people that have.From what i've heard madison plays very weak,if they get touched,they fall down.Pickett plays very aggressive and will dominate in the paint.Can't wait to see the game though. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Pickett by 8!

you'll see when it comes game time tomorrow,i havent seen madison play just like you havent seen pickett play..but ive heard from a few people that have.From what i've heard madison plays very weak,if they get touched,they fall down.Pickett plays very aggressive and will dominate in the paint.Can't wait to see the game though. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> Pickett by 8!

Here comes the BULL PEN finally. I have tried to hold off this Madisonmaniac all day. I'll let you Bobcat fans take overnow. I've run roughshod for you all for 2 or 3 days......................get em BOBCATS

Showtime what's the status on Megan ??? Will she play ?

Good Luck to Madison.... Morgan Faulkner will MOST DEFINATELY have to carry this team if they are to win a state championship. This Madison team is no where near as good as last years Bradford team. I've seen Madison 3 times this year and never saw a state championship caliber team in them. However, I hope Coach Patterson and Madison go up there and prove me wrong.... GOOD LUCK MADISON!

Whats the deal with the AA Greenfield??? Just this year? Are you sure or just opinionated? 7AA had 4 20+ game winners compared to 3 for 13AA...7AA had 3 teams in the top 10 (actually top 8) with the toughest schedules in the state...13AA had none. However, 13AA does have 2 teams in the boro where 7AA hs one...you got me there, maybe the road is just easier to the boro over there...you reckon? GC and Westview no doubt are good, I have bragged about em all year....Start you a 13AA is better than 7AA thread if you want to debate.

13AA is not even close to 7AA over the past years but I did say this year. Gibson County is the real deal and Westview is a good team as well. It looks like a McMinn/Gibson County showdown to me and I'm betting on Gibson County to win a Gold Ball.

this faulkner girl a good outside shooter?

Can't remember but someone said that Faulkner would have to carry this team to win it all. If PC shuts her down which I'm sure coach Smith has a plan as we speak, who does Madison have to step up. I think it's already been said that PC will dominate the paint and if Megan plays the Bobcats will be hard to handle. Should be a fun game to watch. Unleash the Bobcats coach.

Faulkner is the real deal especially in Single A. She got overlooked for Ms. Basketball finalist due to the fact people are not aware of whom Madison Academic is. Like I said, Madison will go as Faulkner goes. If Faulkner has a bad game, Madison loses, if she scores 20-25 points, Madison wins!

if she is a good outside shooter,thank goodness murphy center is indoors! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />