Madison - Pickett Co.

jeffh11

im actually going to have to agree with greenfield fan on this one. 14A is tough and it took a whole lot to beat Bradford. Dont get me wrong, i believe 7A has the best team in the state with Clarkrange but at the same time as a district in a whole, 14A is solid.

You are right 7a has the best team. Clarkrange will not be touched this year, maybe not even close to touched, but PC is good too. They have not played to their potential 85% of the year, but it is nice that they decided to do so once the marbles were on the table. This is going to be a very interesting game, if PC shows up to play I believe they come away with a win at the Boro. Once that happens they will show just how tough 7A is. ONe thing I can GUARANTEE is that no team in Single A ball would be brave enough to move to this district if given the oppurtunity. In fact, most would be extremely happy they are not in 7A just like Coach White at RBS was when he found out he was out of it. Just facts there. Anyways, good luck PC. My final prediction is PC by 2 in a hard fought game.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right 7a has the best team. Clarkrange will not be touched this year, maybe not even close to touched, but PC is good too. They have not played to their potential 85% of the year, but it is nice that they decided to do so once the marbles were on the table. This is going to be a very interesting game, if PC shows up to play I believe they come away with a win at the Boro. Once that happens they will show just how tough 7A is. ONe thing I can GUARANTEE is that no team in Single A ball would be brave enough to move to this district if given the oppurtunity. In fact, most would be extremely happy they are not in 7A just like Coach White at RBS was when he found out he was out of it. Just facts there. Anyways, good luck PC. My final prediction is PC by 2 in a hard fought game.

I agree with Greenfieldfan..The same thing most of us said during the year..That Clarkrange was probably the best team and maybe even Jackson Co at #2 but the toughest district this year..from top to bottom is 14A..Really can't compare what happens in the State tournament..Lake Co finished 3rd during the regular season and 4th in the district tournament..But Lake Co got hot at the right time..As far as no team would be brave enough to play in that district..I believe the power is about to shift in the next several seasons..We'll see..Bradford has a lot coming back..Greenfield has everyone coming back..Gleason only loses 1 starter..Lake Co is starting several freshmen that played on a middle school that won the so called middle school state..only lost about 1 game in about 3 years..I believe all 4 teams I mentioned will be ranked in the top ten next year..And I have no idea about any of the other teams as far as South Fulton,Dresden,Union City etc..I do know Union City has a very good player that was only a sophomore..Starting next year..the teams from that district probably wouldn't be knocking at our door wanting to come in!

Let me put my two cents in, Pickett would have been #7 in district 14A this year. 7A has the best team in the state but it drops off fast after Clark Range. I know you want agree but its true. 14A is the strongest district top to bottom this year.

Our #5 team in 14A, Union City killed Madison by 23. Our #9 team lost to Madison by 2. Look it up, its true. When Madson beat Bradford in the substate it was one of the biggest upsets this year in girls basketball just as big of an upset as when Pickett beat Jackson County.

........and 13AA is better than 7AA this year as well.

Whats the deal with the AA Greenfield??? Just this year? Are you sure or just opinionated? 7AA had 4 20+ game winners compared to 3 for 13AA...7AA had 3 teams in the top 10 (actually top 8) with the toughest schedules in the state...13AA had none. However, 13AA does have 2 teams in the boro where 7AA hs one...you got me there, maybe the road is just easier to the boro over there...you reckon? I would love to see region 7 and 8 go thru 3 and 4 every year! I bet they wouldn't though.

GC and Westview no doubt are good, I have bragged about em all year....Start you a 13AA is better than 7AA thread if you want to debate.

Keep doubting weak Pickett County...Their district is so easy that the 4th place team can get to the boro.

GO LADY BOBCATS!!! From a 7AA and 7A fan!

Let me put my two cents in, Pickett would have been #7 in district 14A this year. 7A has the best team in the state but it drops off fast after Clark Range. I know you want agree but its true. 14A is the strongest district top to bottom this year.

Our #5 team in 14A, Union City killed Madison by 23. Our #9 team lost to Madison by 2. Look it up, its true. When Madson beat Bradford in the substate it was one of the biggest upsets this year in girls basketball just as big of an upset as when Pickett beat Jackson County.

........and 13AA is better than 7AA this year as well.

Greenfieldfan I took your advise and done some research of my own. And I will say that I beg to differ. Not to be derogatory in any way about any school. But the best girls basketball is played right here in a area called the Highland Rim and has been for as long as I can remember.

14A has (if I counted correctly) 10 teams. And out of the 107 teams in class A (according to coachT's stats)

Rank

Bradford #9

Humboldt#22

Lake Co.#13

Gleason#19

Union City#34

Greenfield#49

Dresden#59

Peabody#55

South Fulton#73

Halls#95

7A on the other hand

Rank

Clarkrange#1

Jackson Co.#2

Clay Co.#20

Pickett Co.#21

RBS#52

Monterey#70

Strength of Schedule

Bradford 20...Humboldt 17....Lake Co. 56.....Gleason 49....UC 28....G-field 37...Dresden 46...Peabody 10..SF 2...Halls 7

Clarkrange 5.....Jackson 1....CC 19...Pickett Co. 3 .....RBS 8...Monterey 4 So 7A has 4 teams out of the top 5 that plays the toughest schedule. Whereas your best teams are not playing the same caliber of ball.

So basically Madison a team that is ranked 12th and has a SOS RATING OF 68 has beat the best team your district has to offer. Please help me but I wouldn't call your district the best this year. And I know these figures don't mean much Wednesday when PC and Madison hits the floor, but they do to me. PC girls are a battle tested squad that is very hungry. They have lost their point guard the last 2 games, but hopefully she will be back. And I'm not going to say where some of your teams would finish in this district b/c it's irrelevant anyway. But I guarantee you they would be fighting for the 3-4-5- spot and you can take that to the bank.

Greenfieldfan I took your advise and done some research of my own. And I will say that I beg to differ. Not to be derogatory in any way about any school. But the best girls basketball is played right here in a area called the Highland Rim and has been for as long as I can remember.

14A has (if I counted correctly) 10 teams. And out of the 107 teams in class A (according to coachT's stats)

Rank

Bradford #9

Humboldt#22

Lake Co.#13

Gleason#19

Union City#34

Greenfield#49

Dresden#59

Peabody#55

South Fulton#73

Halls#95

7A on the other hand

Rank

Clarkrange#1

Jackson Co.#2

Clay Co.#20

Pickett Co.#21

RBS#52

Monterey#70

Strength of Schedule

Bradford 20...Humboldt 17....Lake Co. 56.....Gleason 49....UC 28....G-field 37...Dresden 46...Peabody 10..SF 2...Halls 7

Clarkrange 5.....Jackson 1....CC 19...Pickett Co. 3 .....RBS 8...Monterey 4 So 7A has 4 teams out of the top 5 that plays the toughest schedule. Whereas your best teams are not playing the same caliber of ball.

So basically Madison a team that is ranked 12th and has a SOS RATING OF 68 has beat the best team your district has to offer. Please help me but I wouldn't call your district the best this year. And I know these figures don't mean much Wednesday when PC and Madison hits the floor, but they do to me. PC girls are a battle tested squad that is very hungry. They have lost their point guard the last 2 games, but hopefully she will be back. And I'm not going to say where some of your teams would finish in this district b/c it's irrelevant anyway. But I guarantee you they would be fighting for the 3-4-5- spot and you can take that to the bank.

How about we decide that 7A and 14A are tied for both having the best district..

now let me ask this..

does it have ANYTHING to do with this post topic

lol rockingchair you told me to come back to this thread.. WHY?

in what way are we currently talking about the game tomorrow?

whoa whoa whoa... I never once attacked your scheduele by calling it weak. in one of my posts i actually agreed with the fact you had an extremely tough scheduele. You guys were the one who said Madison didnt play anybody so i said who we beat. All i was saying that a tough scheduele doesnt count for something to brag about unless you win some of the tough games. The only ranked opponet you beat was Jackson county (although you lost twice to them), Chatt arts and sciences and Friendship Christian. All of the games that i listed for Madison were wins..

another thing, is that it matters nothing once you reach postseason what district you are in. Now the best team advances.. not the best district.

thats why i call Madison by 9

YOU ARE A FUSSY LITTLE THING /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

How about we decide that 7A and 14A are tied for both having the best district..

now let me ask this..

does it have ANYTHING to do with this post topic

lol rockingchair you told me to come back to this thread.. WHY?

in what way are we currently talking about the game tomorrow?

I was just responding to a post by "Greenfieldfan" that said that their district was the toughest in the state. I was just showing him I beg to differ. And I made that post hours ago before I ask you to come back to this thread.

As for you coming back to this thread, I was just trying to pull you away from that pack of wolves that just about had you left for dead.

You want to talk some ball. One of us started this about the SOS that PC and Madison had. And there's no comparison as far as I concerned. PC is ranked 3rd whereas your team is ranked in the 68th spot. Pretty good gap there wouldn't you say. What does that mean tomorrow when these 2 square off. Probably means a bunch when you have had to play your heart out night in and night out. Their schedule has prepared these Lady Bobcats for this time of the year. If it didn't mean anything why would they keep stats. PC has played the 3rd hardest schedule in the entire state in A and finished 4th in their district. What does that tell you about that district.

There's no question that PC losing their point guard has been a big blow to this team. But they went on the road saturaday night and played their hearts out to get this far and I don't see them quitting now.

whoa whoa whoa... I never once attacked your scheduele by calling it weak. in one of my posts i actually agreed with the fact you had an extremely tough scheduele. You guys were the one who said Madison didnt play anybody so i said who we beat. All i was saying that a tough scheduele doesnt count for something to brag about unless you win some of the tough games. The only ranked opponet you beat was Jackson county (although you lost twice to them), Chatt arts and sciences and Friendship Christian. All of the games that i listed for Madison were wins..

another thing, is that it matters nothing once you reach postseason what district you are in. Now the best team advances.. not the best district.

thats why i call Madison by 9

Didn't mean to mislead you, I am not from PC. I am just supporting 7a. I was responding to your post about how Madison rules all and everyone else stinks. I am a CR supporter and we know we have a tough road ahead of us regardless what the season stats say. I hope your girls don't carry the same joy of drawing PC in the first round, if so it could be a very dissappointing trip to the boro'. You had better respect all of the opponents that are left or I guarantee you will get smacked in the face by one.

I do agree that regular season means nothing, you have to win 3 more games, that is all the matters!!

"Gibson, Garrett or Garner. They will be 1,2, and 3 best players on the court"

HAHA thats funny. but i think you forgot to add in the Madison starting 5 and probably a bench player or two before those three

hah just wait and see,from what ive seen you say on here the last part of your name says it all,you have no clue how good our girls are.We have a great outside game.Every one of our girls can shoot the three.We also have a great post game.With Garrett,Tuck,and Green we can't be stopped.We can say we beat the #2 and #6 teams in the state.Can you say that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck to Madison and Pickett County. I think the winner will be in the Championship game.

I wasnt trying to stir up nothing about the best district but thats just my opinion. I'm bringing some of our girls basketball team up tomorrow to watch, I'll be the old guy riding my little scooter. If you see me stop me and introduce yourself, I've met alot of nice people that post on Coach T.

hah just wait and see,from what ive seen you say on here the last part of your name says it all,you have no clue how good our girls are.We have a great outside game.Every one of our girls can shoot the three.We also have a great post game.With Garrett,Tuck,and Green we can't be stopped.We can say we beat the #2 and #6 teams in the state.Can you say that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

as a matter of fact, we beat the #3 DII team /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />