West Tn will dominate state tournament (Anyone with me)

nebuntyn

That's something I haven't heard anyone talk about...His jumper?

I hope he plays point against us...I'd be more concerned about him banging underneath, getting our bigs in foul trouble...Not to mention the problem he'd present on the offensive boards...With him at point, I feel like the advantage DEFINITELY goes to Humboldt...We won't have to double him then..Not saying our bigs are as good, but we'll definitely be as athletic and a little quicker than Buckner...He won't be blowing past anyone from the point position..

It's pretty widely accepted on here that Manassas is not a very strong shooting team this year...Humboldt on the other hand, to go along with all that size and athleticism, has guys that can shoot it all over the place...I'm not talking guys who just catch and shoot but players who can create off the dribble and either pull up, drive to the basket, or find the open man...

This game could be decided on the boards...I feel like we are going to sag back into a 2-3 zone and make Manassas shoot us out of it...If Buckner and company have their way with us on the boards then we are in trouble but I don't think that will be the case, especially if Buckner runs point...If those threes aren't falling for Manassas and they can't get the offensive rebounds that they rely strongly on, they could be in a lot of trouble...

I'm so tired of talking about this game...I just wish it would happen already...

Oh and MTiger, there's ABSOLUTELY nothing you can teach me about the game of basketball other than the proper way to piggyback Buckner...and to be honest, I'm not interested in that lesson /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Widely accepted by whom? And from what evidence? I've seen them shoot average, below average, and I've seen them light it up. I don't know how you can gauge them against Scotts Hill or Middleton. Was Lake County within single digits at any point in the second half? You wanna know how good they are, ask Craigmont. When I saw that game, I was convinced I had to be watching the 2 best teams in the City and the A and AAA State Champions. Craigmont had beaten White Station and Ridgeway at that point and beat Raleigh-Egypt shortly after. If they're point guard hadn't got hurt against Raleigh-Egypt, I don't think anyone could stop them from winning it all(maybe Melrose). They were DEEP, with size, shooters, athletes, defenders, rebounders, shot-blockers. And they were a AAA team that, unlike Humboldt, was tested against some of the best, and passed. Manassas was the only team this year that out-toughed and out-lasted Craigmont, which is something that I can still hardly believe they did, because Craigmont plays the best clutch ball I've seen this year.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Widely accepted by whom? And from what evidence? I've seen them shoot average, below average, and I've seen them light it up. I don't know how you can gauge them against Scotts Hill or Middleton. Was Lake County within single digits at any point in the second half? You wanna know how good they are, ask Craigmont. When I saw that game, I was convinced I had to be watching the 2 best teams in the City and the A and AAA State Champions. Craigmont had beaten White Station and Ridgeway at that point and beat Raleigh-Egypt shortly after. If they're point guard hadn't got hurt against Raleigh-Egypt, I don't think anyone could stop them from winning it all(maybe Melrose). They were DEEP, with size, shooters, athletes, defenders, rebounders, shot-blockers. And they were a AAA team that, unlike Humboldt, was tested against some of the best, and passed. Manassas was the only team this year that out-toughed and out-lasted Craigmont, which is something that I can still hardly believe they did, because Craigmont plays the best clutch ball I've seen this year.

Manassas is not a strong shooting team from outside...Every team has nights where they "light it up"...They're not near as consistent from behind the arc as they were last year...This I know and don't need anyone to tell me...

Now, they may come and knock down every shot against Humboldt if we play but I very much doubt it..

By the way, I'm not gauging them based on their performances against Scotts Hill, Middleton, or even LC for that matter...I try to look at the whole body of work, what I've seen with my own two eyes, and the opinions of some of my sources (I respect their opinion) who have seen both teams play...

I have strong reasons for any and every argument I make for Humboldt on here...I realize you can't take every post on here seriously because about 85% of the material on here is inaccurate, but I try to atleast give accurate, realistic posts about my team and what they're capable of...

I have watched him twice and played him once and i have not seen him work in one of those games that is all I am saying. I mean honestly someone 6'9" in1A ball should be the best plwyer on the floor night in night out which he is against 1A schools. he is going to the SEC, he is a 6'9" post that wants to run the point he has a keen sense for the game but no jumper. good player yes but highly overrated I dont see how that can be denied.

Man come on now you must be talking about someone else. This kid has a jumper. You know what I believe in this if you talk to a fool long enough you will become one. So I'm done talking to you.

That's something I haven't heard anyone talk about...His jumper?

I hope he plays point against us...I'd be more concerned about him banging underneath, getting our bigs in foul trouble...Not to mention the problem he'd present on the offensive boards...With him at point, I feel like the advantage DEFINITELY goes to Humboldt...We won't have to double him then..Not saying our bigs are as good, but we'll definitely be as athletic and a little quicker than Buckner...He won't be blowing past anyone from the point position..

It's pretty widely accepted on here that Manassas is not a very strong shooting team this year...Humboldt on the other hand, to go along with all that size and athleticism, has guys that can shoot it all over the place...I'm not talking guys who just catch and shoot but players who can create off the dribble and either pull up, drive to the basket, or find the open man...

This game could be decided on the boards...I feel like we are going to sag back into a 2-3 zone and make Manassas shoot us out of it...If Buckner and company have their way with us on the boards then we are in trouble but I don't think that will be the case, especially if Buckner runs point...If those threes aren't falling for Manassas and they can't get the offensive rebounds that they rely strongly on, they could be in a lot of trouble...

I'm so tired of talking about this game...I just wish it would happen already...

Oh and MTiger, there's ABSOLUTELY nothing you can teach me about the game of basketball other than the proper way to piggyback Buckner...and to be honest, I'm not interested in that lesson /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Are you Humboldt caoch? If not then buy a ticket and watch the bolt get unthreaded.

Manassas is not a strong shooting team from outside...Every team has nights where they "light it up"...They're not near as consistent from behind the arc as they were last year...This I know and don't need anyone to tell me...

Now, they may come and knock down every shot against Humboldt if we play but I very much doubt it..

By the way, I'm not gauging them based on their performances against Scotts Hill, Middleton, or even LC for that matter...I try to look at the whole body of work, what I've seen with my own two eyes, and the opinions of some of my sources (I respect their opinion) who have seen both teams play...

I have strong reasons for any and every argument I make for Humboldt on here...I realize you can't take every post on here seriously because about 85% of the material on here is inaccurate, but I try to atleast give accurate, realistic posts about my team and what they're capable of...

I'm realistic, and I've seen Manassas surely a lot more times than you. They can shoot it. They'd shoot it better consistently if they wouldn't rush it. Sometimes they get trigger happy. From what I've seen, they shoot well more often than they shoot poorly. I'll agree that they aren't as good as last year, no question. They were lights out last year. But they're on more than once in a blue moon. It's by no means a liability this year. Not as prolific, but solid. Walker is borderline pure-shooter. I'd say he needs to be in a rhythm. I question his release point(as others do), but Ridgeway's length in their zone didn't bother him(he had the game high 21 points against them). I don't exaggerate. Seriously, on paper, you wouldn't think Manassas would do well against their schedule. They lack height, quality depth, athletes, standout players. Craigmont and Ridgeway have all that. Manassas beat Craigmont and could've beaten Ridgeway, but decided not to play too hard, LOL(you should've seen it, so funny you couldn't even get mad), only lost by 8 though. They could PROBABLY compete in AAA, not sure if they could play them EVERY SINGLE night. But they did well with whom they did play. Again, I don't exaggerate anything they do. Realistically, there's nothing spectacular about Manassas, they just get it done.

Firestone

You're off the chain man! I also saw the Craigmont/Manassas game and Both teams played lousy and both looked like they were trying to give the game away to the other. Took a hail Mary from Buckner to send into overtime and another hail Mary from a Manassas player to win. Don't know if it's that way every night but Manassas didn't shoot very well at all in that game and tried to shoot themselves out of the game. Buckner played most of the game 20 feet from the basket and didn't cross halfcourt several times.

Craigmont did have a good team this year but they weren't great. They lucked up and beat RE on a last second shot in first meeting this year...Raleigh then beat them by 10 in next regular season game. Beat them for district championship. This makes 16 out of the last 19 games that Raleigh has beaten Craigmont over the past five seasons. Liberty beat them twice this year and Cordova beat them.

If Buckner will play hard in the state tournament...Manassas will be hard to beat. My only concern would be their outside shooting. It's either feast or famine. Don't misunderstand...I'm pulling for Manassas to win it all but I'm also realistic and know they will have to be hitting on all cylinders cause nobody's going to make it easy for them. Middleton came close didn't they?

I said that i was done with you. Is it anything that you don't see wrong with Humboldt. You know they are the best let you tell it and nobody can best them because they have all seniors.

Firestone

You're off the chain man! I also saw the Craigmont/Manassas game and Both teams played lousy and both looked like they were trying to give the game away to the other. Took a hail Mary from Buckner to send into overtime and another hail Mary from a Manassas player to win. Don't know if it's that way every night but Manassas didn't shoot very well at all in that game and tried to shoot themselves out of the game. Buckner played most of the game 20 feet from the basket and didn't cross halfcourt several times.

Craigmont did have a good team this year but they weren't great. They lucked up and beat RE on a last second shot in first meeting this year...Raleigh then beat them by 10 in next regular season game. Beat them for district championship. This makes 16 out of the last 19 games that Raleigh has beaten Craigmont over the past five seasons. Liberty beat them twice this year and Cordova beat them.

If Buckner will play hard in the state tournament...Manassas will be hard to beat. My only concern would be their outside shooting. It's either feast or famine. Don't misunderstand...I'm pulling for Manassas to win it all but I'm also realistic and know they will have to be hitting on all cylinders cause nobody's going to make it easy for them. Middleton came close didn't they?

Middleton also got blown out in their own gym. Manassas and Craigmont looked like they played poorly because they both make their opponents look ugly. Shaq was off that game, and neither shot was a hailmary. Buckner's 3 to tie was barely a 3(I even question if it was), and Shaq's three was right in his range. When the OT started, Manassas came alive and opened it. They looked like a superior team. Then a couple dribbles out of bounds while they still had the lead(one by Carroll) gave Craigmont a chance. As for Craigmont, you can't be serious. They lost to Liberty by 2 in the MLK finals, which Melrose failed to reach. White Station just edged by Liberty(who beat Ridgeway), and Craigmont beat Ridgeway and White Station. They didn't "luck up" and beat Egypt. They did what they've done all year, clutch. The second game was at Egypt and they allowed Craigmont to cut a 16 point lead down to 5, at home. Craigmont then turned over the ball after they picked it up right underneath the basket and Egypt put it up and scored. No telling what would've happened. As for the District finals, Tank Brown was hanging on Zach Jones all night, nothing was called. Craigmont missed a ton of free throws and fast break lay-ups, with Richardson in questionable foul trouble and Durham(their obvious most important piece) straining his groin in the 3rd quarter on the comedown from a dunk. If I'm not mistaken, the second Liberty loss(62-46), as well as the Cordova loss(65-58) were played without Durham. And when he DID play against Cordova, they annihilated Cordova 95-49. Try to include all the facts next time /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Middleton also got blown out in their own gym. Manassas and Craigmont looked like they played poorly because they both make their opponents look ugly. Shaq was off that game, and neither shot was a hailmary. Buckner's 3 to tie was barely a 3(I even question if it was), and Shaq's three was right in his range. When the OT started, Manassas came alive and opened it. They looked like a superior team. Then a couple dribbles out of bounds while they still had the lead(one by Carroll) gave Craigmont a chance. As for Craigmont, you can't be serious. They lost to Liberty by 2 in the MLK finals, which Melrose failed to reach. White Station just edged by Liberty(who beat Ridgeway), and Craigmont beat Ridgeway and White Station. They didn't "luck up" and beat Egypt. They did what they've done all year, clutch. The second game was at Egypt and they allowed Craigmont to cut a 16 point lead down to 5, at home. Craigmont then turned over the ball after they picked it up right underneath the basket and Egypt put it up and scored. No telling what would've happened. As for the District finals, Tank Brown was hanging on Zach Jones all night, nothing was called. Craigmont missed a ton of free throws and fast break lay-ups, with Richardson in questionable foul trouble and Durham(their obvious most important piece) straining his groin in the 3rd quarter on the comedown from a dunk. If I'm not mistaken, the second Liberty loss(62-46), as well as the Cordova loss(65-58) were played without Durham. And when he DID play against Cordova, they annihilated Cordova 95-49. Try to include all the facts next time /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I like you. I also like Legend too /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> he is my buddy....under all that smack he talks he's kinda hard not to like.

Well I most certainly appreciate that. And I agree

No problemo!!! I'm not from Manassas but I am a fan of Buckner....or you could say I am a fan of talent. Kid was brutalized on the 15a thread...spent a day monitoring that dang thread. I've been keeping up with his stats all year.