West Tn will dominate state tournament (Anyone with me)

nebuntyn

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should just have a super holiday tournement a few days after Christmas every season and invite the top 4 teams from rural West TN in AA along with the top 4 from Shelby County, the top 6 teams in A along with the top 2 from Shelby County, and the top 2 from rural West TN in AAA along with the top 6 from Shelby county and make it something big ..maybe at the Oman Arena or some nice site in Memphis....call it the WEST TN SUPER 8 and crown our own Champions and then go to the boro and win (in most cases) the 2nd best tourny in the state every season....let the TSAAA have their champion...which in alot of cases will come from the West anyway....you win both and you have a magical season. Memphis has a city championship every season...just addd this holiday tournement....Imagine winning all three in AA and AAA...or the rural teams winning the WEST TN SUPER 8 in AA and the State both. What the TSAA is doing is punishing the West because of their historical dominance....at least that's the way it seems on the surface.

I will make a prediction right now that once the State Tournement begins next week that every team from the West will have fouls called against them 2 to 1 and in some cases 3 to 1 in the first round if playing aginst anybody other than another team from West TN....I'm calling it right now...all the box scores will bear this out....I could be wrong but wait as see...If I am right that is a sad commentary that a fan can actually make a prediction like that and be right, before the games are ever played.

I agree...COMPLETELY.

... What the TSAA is doing is punishing the West because of their historical dominance....at least that's the way it seems on the surface.

I will make a prediction right now that once the State Tournement begins next week that every team from the West will have fouls called against them 2 to 1 and in some cases 3 to 1 in the first round if playing aginst anybody other than another team from West TN....I'm calling it right now...all the box scores will bear this out....I could be wrong but wait as see...If I am right that is a sad commentary that a fan can actually make a prediction like that and be right, before the games are ever played.

You are dead-on accurate, Yankees8589!

Sadly, this same crap happens to the West (especially Mphs) teams every single year. This year will not be any different. Take it to the bank!

The funny thing -- some non-West folks get on these boards and try to pretend that this referee-bias against the West does not exist.....I say, open your eyes! Go look over the TSSAA State Tournament Basketball history/stats books, boys AND girls games.

---------------------------------------------------

Case in point: The 2005-2006 AAA State Championship game between undefeated Mphs Hamilton and Shelbyville...

Many of you CoachT posters might remember that game: Frankly, I'm STILL fuming over the disgraceful, atrocious, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS and repeated attempts by the refs to flat-out take the '05-06 State Title from Hamilton and just hand it to Shelbyville!!!!!

Those officials actions were completely reprehensible, an all-out assault on the integrity of the game. It was borderline criminal!

Never in my entire life had I EVER witnessed refs flat-out CHEAT and CHEAT and CHEAT and CHEAT some more, against one team--Mphs Hamilton, in that instance!

Stunning!

I said it then and will say it again now: TSSAA absolutely, positively should have immediately investigated those officials, and promptly banned them from ever officiating another game, of any kind, any where in the State of Tennessee, ever!

And for those of you who think that I'm just a Mphs (West) fan who's stretching the truth and trying to re-write history....I challenge you, right here and right now: Go find game film of that Hamilton vs Shelbyville Championship game. Look at it, with UNBIASED eyes....You will see precisely what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!

An absolute Travesty of epic proportions. It was very comparable (only WORSE, believe it or not) to the 1972 Soviet Union's 51-50, basketball "victory" over Team USA.

No exaggeration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yankees8589, if Las Vegas took bets on Tennessee State Tournament "West's vs non-West foul disparity," you could make some serious money.............

We should just have a super holiday tournement a few days after Christmas every season and invite the top 4 teams from rural West TN in AA along with the top 4 from Shelby County, the top 6 teams in A along with the top 2 from Shelby County, and the top 2 from rural West TN in AAA along with the top 6 from Shelby county and make it something big ..maybe at the Oman Arena or some nice site in Memphis....call it the WEST TN SUPER 8 and crown our own Champions and then go to the boro and win (in most cases) the 2nd best tourny in the state every season....let the TSAAA have their champion...which in alot of cases will come from the West anyway....you win both and you have a magical season. Memphis has a city championship every season...just addd this holiday tournement....Imagine winning all three in AA and AAA...or the rural teams winning the WEST TN SUPER 8 in AA and the State both. What the TSAA is doing is punishing the West because of their historical dominance....at least that's the way it seems on the surface.

The tourament sounds awsome... it would be great... as far as having fouls called against them 2 to 1 and 3 to 1... that might be true... but to play the style ball that most of west tennessee plays, in your face D, full court with pressure the entire time... this will cause you to foul alot more... see where I'm going... Not that this is a bad thing... because I honestly feel that playing this style ball and the athletes you have makes you superior to middle and east tennnessee... So some of it might be "calling it against the west" but alot of it has to do with the type ball you play in that area..., which remember I do prefer...

Once again, the tournament does sound like something that needs to be started...

The tourament sounds awsome... it would be great... as far as having fouls called against them 2 to 1 and 3 to 1... that might be true... but to play the style ball that most of west tennessee plays, in your face D, full court with pressure the entire time... this will cause you to foul alot more... see where I'm going... Not that this is a bad thing... because I honestly feel that playing this style ball and the athletes you have makes you superior to middle and east tennnessee... So some of it might be "calling it against the west" but alot of it has to do with the type ball you play in that area..., which remember I do prefer...

Once again, the tournament does sound like something that needs to be started...

I can see your point there..it is becoming more apparent every year basketball is evolving into a faster paced game..my opinion is they are not used to calling games where the defense is played like that....another opinion has been that the TSSAA needs one ref from the west , one from the middle and one from the east to call each game...NOT 3 from the east which I saw in MORE than one game last year. This would be beneficial to all playing. I saw a game last year where a team from the west had more than 20 or so some odd fouls over the east team...actually I saw more than one game with ratios comparable to this.

Sadly, this same crap happens to the West (especially Mphs) teams every single year. This year will not be any different. Take it to the bank!

The funny thing -- some non-West folks get on these boards and try to pretend that this referee-bias against the West does not exist.....I say, open your eyes! Go look over the TSSAA State Tournament Basketball history/stats books, boys AND girls games.

Case in point: The 2005-2006 AAA State Championship game between undefeated Mphs Hamilton and Shelbyville...

Many of you CoachT posters might remember that game: Frankly, I'm STILL fuming over the disgraceful, atrocious, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS and repeated attempts by the refs to flat-out take the '05-06 State Title from Hamilton and just hand it to Shelbyville!!!!!

Those officials actions were completely reprehensible, an all-out assault on the integrity of the game. It was borderline criminal!

Never in my entire life had I EVER witnessed refs flat-out CHEAT and CHEAT and CHEAT and CHEAT some more, against one team--Mphs Hamilton, in that instance!

Stunning!

I said it then and will say it again now: TSSAA absolutely, positively should have immediately investigated those officials, and promptly banned them from ever officiating another game, of any kind, any where in the State of Tennessee, ever!

And for those of you who think that I'm just a Mphs (West) fan who's stretching the truth and trying to re-write history....I challenge you, right here and right now: Go find game film of that Hamilton vs Shelbyville Championship game. Look at it, with UNBIASED eyes....You will see precisely what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!

An absolute Travesty of epic proportions. It was very comparable (only WORSE, believe it or not) to the 1972 Soviet Union's 51-50, basketball "victory" over Team USA.

No exaggeration.

Yankees8589, if Las Vegas took bets on Tennessee State Tournament "West's vs non-West foul disparity," you could make some serious money.............

TraderB, I was at that game and you are right that was the worst officating game I have seen in my life. I wasn't for either team just wanted to watch a good game but after that game I was "mad" because it was sickening to watch. Those refs should of had their license revoked!!!!!!

TraderB, I was at that game and you are right that was the worst officating game I have seen in my life. I wasn't for either team just wanted to watch a good game but after that game I was "mad" because it was sickening to watch. Those refs should of had their license revoked!!!!!!

I wondered if TSSAA ever reprimanded those refs, in any way.......Do you know anything about that, 87VikingAlumni?

Stunning!

No exaggeration.

Correct me if i am wrong but both of the teams you are talking about are from WEST Tn. so where is the disparity you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correct me if i am wrong but both of the teams you are talking about are from WEST Tn. so where is the disparity you are talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so sick of hearin about the "WEST" I could scream!! I'm sorry I thought it was the best from the WHOLE STATE! The west is NOT the only ones with true athletes...Ever thought about this...if the west had to play in the east they wouldn't look so "GREAT" kinda like Shelbyville and Oakland when they got put out by Walker Valley and Red Bank (EAST teams)??? just thought I'd throw that out there...NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT!

I'm so sick of hearin about the "WEST" I could scream!! I'm sorry I thought it was the best from the WHOLE STATE! The west is NOT the only ones with true athletes...Ever thought about this...if the west had to play in the east they wouldn't look so "GREAT" kinda like Shelbyville and Oakland when they got put out by Walker Valley and Red Bank (EAST teams)??? just thought I'd throw that out there...NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR OPPONENT!

I kinda feel that way during fball season when all I hear about is the "East" /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'd just go ahead and scream cause the talk will not stop....might make you feel a little better /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I kinda feel that way during fball season when all I hear about is the "East" /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I'd just go ahead and scream cause the talk will not stop....might make you feel a little better /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Didn't think of it that way /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> and NO it didn't work! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />