Basketball coaches Association of Tennessee

East squad:

Front-Lashay Davis, Upperman; Jaclyn Wise, Hickman; Katherine Barker, Sequatchie; Summer Waggoner, Forrest; Julia Zimmerman, Franklin Co; Back: Kylie Lambert, McMinn Central; Reagen Thompson, Oak Ridge; Katie Davis, Bradley Central; Haley Ervin, Bradley Central; Icelyn Elie, Lebanon

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This turned out to be a very entertaining game of all-stars from across the state. If you liked scoring then this was the girls game to watch. Nearly every girl has already signed a scholarship. I think 17 or 18 out of 20 fill the bill. Three-point gunner Julia Zimmerman of Franklin County who is bound for Lee University was impressive as was Jasmine James of Bartlett (University of Georgia). Icelyn Elie of Lebanon (MTSU) also had a very good game. Lashay Davis of Upperman, bound for Western Kentucky had a super floor game and also threw in several points.

I'm looking foward to next year's game which could be staged at MTSU as the opening tilt of girl's state championship play.

bb

The First Basketball Coaches Association of Tennessee All-Star game was played Saturday at Middle Tennessee Christian School in Murfreesboro. The West team pulled out a 95-93 victory on a rebound putback with 2.4 seconds.

Scoring for the West Squad was:

Jasmine James (Bartlett) 18

Ashley Robinson (Millington) 14

Brianna Holt (McNairy Central) 14

Asia Gibson (Fayette-Ware) 12

Kristin Majors (Clarksville) 9

Candice Clear (Memphis East) 9

Kimiko Williams (Clarksville Northeast) 8

Charnera Macklin (Memphis East) 8

Julianne Downs (Harpeth Hall) 3

Constance King (Crockett County) 0

East Scoring:

Icelyn Elie (Lebanon) 18

Julia Zimmerman (Franklin County) 15

LaShay Davis (Upperman) 15

Raegan Thompson (Oak Ridge) 11

Jaclyn Wise (Hickman County) 10

Haley Ervin (Bradley Central) 8

Katherine Barker (Sequatchie County) 6

Katie Davis (Bradley Central) 6

Summer Waggoner (Forrest) 4

Kylie Lambert (McMinn Central) 2

The BCAT Boys game will be played next Saturday at Noon at MTCS in Murfreesboro. Admission is $3 and team will be announced later this week.

just a thought but why would you play this game the same day as the state is going on. should be played maybe on a date so some of the girls who played in the state could play.

West All-Star Team: (top row left to right) Coach Wanda Jones (Memphis East High School) #3 Jasmine James-Bartlett (University of Georgia), #5 Ashley Robinson-Millington Central (University of Memphis), #1 Charnera Macklin-Memphis East, #30 Komiko Williams-Clarksville Northeast (University of Tennessee), #2 Asia Gibson-Fayette Ware (University of SE Louisiana). (Bottom Row left to Right) #11 Constance King-Crockett County, #4 Candice Clear-Memphis East (Carson-Newman), #10 Briana Holt-McNairy Central, #22 Kristin Majors-Clarksville, #13 Julianne Downs-Harpeth Hall.

The state of Tennessee will be represented very well by the class of 2009 across the country at various levels of college basketball. I think this is a very special class and one to be remembered for many years to come. Congratulations to all of the young ladies and good luck at the next level.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_146819.asp

Game story from Chattanoogan. The teams played hard and despite the big score, played hard on defense too. Turnovers was high as the teams went up and down the floor but there were steals and blocks too. There were some times blocking out was lacking including when James scored with 2 seconds left but in an exhibition game that's a reward for the players I'd rather see that than really physical play risking injury. Every player on both sides got a chance to play a lot. One player I was not very familiar with was the guard from Hickman County, I thought she displayed a lot of skill. Most of the others on the East I'd seen before. It also shows how some of the best players don't always go Division I, Clear (Carson-Newnman) and Zimmerman (Lee) both did a good job.