Hixson Wildcat Classic

Sandlot08

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

big surprise

Yea, definitely a big surprise. Credit to Whitwell though, they played tough, got a big homerun when they needed it to put them ahead for good in the 7th, and we kicked it around all day. I like their coach, Barton I think his name is. He had them ready to play and they took advantage of every mistake. We stranded 6 guys in scoring position and left the tyin run on 3rd base. Should have been a win for us, but it doesn't matter if its Whitwell or the NY Yankees.....you make enough errors and give kids extra outs, eventually its going to bite ya, and it bit us bad. We put on a decent performance against Soddy and almost stole one from Baylor last night, so I'm inclined to think the Whitwell game was an aberration, but who knows. We need to start making some plays defensively and getting big hits from our uppserclassmen or there will be a lot of 'big surprises' for us this year.

On a different note, this weather is brutal. I'm ready for 85 and sunny. Anybody else?

how did russell county do?

i heard they are pretty good since they had 5 people drafted in 05 and won state in 05 and 06

One website shows them with a 6-10 record their season started on Feb 16. One box score stated they start 2 eighth graders and 2 freshmen, but it also said they have 3 junior D1 prospects. Who knows how good they are, if they stick around we will find out. I know when they arrived yesterday at Red Bank, they looked small, but that can be misleading.

Well according to the times free press Ooltewah has been named the champion of the tournament.

Here is the schedule of game for tomorrow from the Times Free Press.

"The tournament has been reduced to two sites with three games today at both Hixson and Central.

Central's Purple Pounders, at 2-0 the only other undefeated tournament team, will host Boyd-Buchanan at 1 p.m., followed by Soddy-Daisy vs. Dalton at 3:30 and Sequatchie vs. Baylor at 6. Mulder noted that Dalton had received permission to play today, although Georgia schools normally are prohibited from Sunday sports events.

At Hixson, the Wildcats will host Warren County at 1 before Warren County plays Bledsoe County at 3:30. Whitwell is to face Arts & Sciences at 6."

Here is the article

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2009/mar/15...ildcat-classic/