Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

I don't think they will be intimidated, I just do not think they can match the talent and speed. If they have seen a guard better than Butler, I want to see her play!

Carpenter from Ensworth was pretty tough..Johnson from Cookeville(soph.)...Central's Lambert...Davis from Upperman. These were some I can think of off hand that are similar to Butler. Mind you I have only saw Butler once, today, and I liked what I saw. Davis probably compares closer than any of the others in my opinion but Butler probably plays better D and Davis the better outside shooter. Both drive strong and are great scorers. Are any better than Butler, based on today, maybe not...similar sure...But with all this knowledge and a 2 dollar bill, you can get a coke and a candy bar before the game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

No doubt guard play will be key..I think Butler like Davis will get hers, its controlling every else if possible and sticking to our game plan, execution of the game plan and of course which coach makes the in-game adjustments to give their team the best chance to win! Go LA!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say this, Gibson is and should be the favorite in the title game on Saturday. They are an excellent team, great coaching and superb talent. Livingston would have to play one of their better games for sure to come out with a victory. But that is where is gets dicey for Gibson Co., Livingston has been playing there "best game" in the past 5 games. The past 5 victories are like a "who's who" in the 2008-09 AP poll. In order with last AP ranking and score (#5 Station Camp 66-57, #3 Upperman 50-48, #9 Polk Co. 80-58, #4 McMinn Central 64-54 and #6 Westview 48-44). Couple that with the regular season schedule (for those wondering about the 12 losses) including the following teams; Clarksville NE, Ensworth, Cookeville, Shelbyville, Clarkrange, and Jackson Co. I think it is safe to assume win or lose LA will not be in awe of #2 Gibson Co. And it bears remembering that Marshall Co. #1 in the last AP poll and undefeated at the time never even made it to the Boro....funny things happy when you play the games on the courts and not on paper.

Also, with all the talk about 13aa and all the great teams, remember this in the past 22 years District 7-AA (which LA is a proud member) has had either the State Champion or Runner-up or both 17 times!!!! That is fact and I would stack that up against any district any class in the state.

Great Post.

AW SHUCKS .......'Speakingthetruth" you have done went and done it now. You just took all the fun out of it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

First let me say this, Gibson is and should be the favorite in the title game on Saturday. They are an excellent team, great coaching and superb talent. Livingston would have to play one of their better games for sure to come out with a victory. But that is where is gets dicey for Gibson Co., Livingston has been playing there "best game" in the past 5 games. The past 5 victories are like a "who's who" in the 2008-09 AP poll. In order with last AP ranking and score (#5 Station Camp 66-57, #3 Upperman 50-48, #9 Polk Co. 80-58, #4 McMinn Central 64-54 and #6 Westview 48-44). Couple that with the regular season schedule (for those wondering about the 12 losses) including the following teams; Clarksville NE, Ensworth, Cookeville, Shelbyville, Clarkrange, and Jackson Co. I think it is safe to assume win or lose LA will not be in awe of #2 Gibson Co. And it bears remembering that Marshall Co. #1 in the last AP poll and undefeated at the time never even made it to the Boro....funny things happy when you play the games on the courts and not on paper.

Also, with all the talk about 13aa and all the great teams, remember this in the past 22 years District 7-AA (which LA is a proud member) has had either the State Champion or Runner-up or both 17 times!!!! That is fact and I would stack that up against any district any class in the state.

You spoke the truth! Good post.

Gibson County is the favorite this year..Just on todays game they deserve to be there. They are the #1 team. They are going to be tough. But, the road has been that way all year, which in my last post I forgot about Kamiko Williams who is a great guard from North East. The "who's who" list has been a great run, but its reward for the schedule played, the health of our players at the end of the season and belief in themselves. Although history won't win this game, I sure hope that is plays its part. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

Congratulations to BOTH teams. Job well done.

People have to been underestimating LA for the last 6 weeeks. This team is NOT a fluke, if GC thinks we are then their education will come fast and hard.

I look for a physical, fast paced game.

LA by 3.

Go HOGEYE!!

You spoke the truth! Good post.

Gibson County is the favorite this year..Just on todays game they deserve to be there. They are the #1 team. They are going to be tough. But, the road has been that way all year, which in my last post I forgot about Kamiko Williams who is a great guard from North East. The "who's who" list has been a great run, but its reward for the schedule played, the health of our players at the end of the season and belief in themselves. Although history won't win this game, I sure hope that is plays its part. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

GO HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

Nice Post BD. And throw in coaching and you said it all. Coach Smith and Coach Franklin have really done a great job this year. Whatever happens tomorrow they should be extremely proud of the players and the character that this team has displayed on their way to this game.

LA has not exactly lit it up either from beyond the arc with the exception of the third quarter vs. Central. Winning by one or thirty one doesn't matter now, the game will start 0-0 as we are neither team you have played in this tournament. What if the the 3 balls don't rain in, what will happen then? /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

GO HOG-EYE!!

GO BIG BLUE!!

LEAVE NO DOUBT!!

Our post players will continue getting the rebounds they have been getting and getting the put backs they have been getting... Butler will continue driving to the basket and scoring... Gibson Co. will once again win by 20.

Upperman has some guards that you should play then. There some of the best in the state. From what I saw today I was not impressed at all with Gibson. If LA playes like they did today LA wins this one by 5+!

What game were you watching?? Just make sure you wipe the sleep out of your eyes and get your /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> ready tomorrow!! It will be the Heather Butler show! I will match the 3 outstanding guards from 13AA against any 3 you have seen play this year! Any 3 you pick might win 1 out of 10 3 on 3 games!

Our post players will continue getting the rebounds they have been getting and getting the put backs they have been getting... Butler will continue driving to the basket and scoring... Gibson Co. will once again win by 20.

Maybe so...but you have the easy part over with. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Not so fast. Gibson will win by 20 again? Its the state finals and your throwing a prediction like that out there? Must be the village idiot.