Best Field in State?

DOWORK21116

Carefull Chris, you are boardering on identity theft. LOLOk--how is that boardering on ID theft by posting his bio on here pointing out that Summertown has won Feild of the Year honors and saying that they deserve mention in that category? At least my posts are on target and not off the subject matter like some of the others!!!!! Its mostly done in good taste lets have some fun!!!!!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a concession stand. They don't have the rest of that stuff because the school and the county have given a combined ZERO dollars to the program. Everything that gets done up there has to be done by the coaches, players, and parents. They have raised the money for the field, indoor facility, dressing room, etc.

Nothing new there. Sorry, no offense. But it's hard to feel sorry for Columbia Central. As far as I know it's always been that way with Maury County when it comes to OUTDOOR athletic facilities... When you look at all of the buildings at or around Spring Hill's football field, none of that came from county dollars. Everything there including the restrooms, concession stand, and the modest press box was done with either fund raising, booster money or straight out of the school's pocket (not from school board) since the school moved there in 1992. That also includes their baseball field, which alot of the work was done by the Spring Hill Babe Ruth league/boosters years ago. The reason the baseball field and softball field at Spring Hill have lights is because Saturn donated pre-existing lighting from their facilities. Which to my knowledge is one of the few things that Saturn donated as far as athletic facilites go. The reason Columbia Central plays at such a nice stadium for football is because that facility is owned and maintained by Maury County Park. Though I do think some of the buildings on the property (concession stand, much of the press box) were either funded by or partially funded by Central's own booster club... So all that being said. What you brought up is nothing new when it comes to Maury County Schools/Maury County Commission and is one of the many reasons Maury County Schools is behind and downright pitiful compared to MANY surrounding counties. In the past their was no excuse for this, but now the economy will come into play and will be a valid excuse.