District 14AA

Bolivar, state quarterfinals, returns 4 starters

McNairy Central, region semifinals

Fayette-Ware, region quarterfinals

Jackson SS, region quarterfinals

Liberty, region quarterfinals

Throw in Chester Co., JCM and Lexington

In this decade:

Five region teams have played for a state championship.

Eight region teams have played in the state tournament.

Ten region teams have played in a sectional game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This region is definitely loaded and filled with talent. After Gibson Co. and Westview's performances this year, I would have to say they are the favorites out of this region, but you never know with such a big group of outstanding teams. It should be a fun season to watch next year! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We're very excited. There are going to be lots of talented teams and great basketball games this year. Got to add that Chassidy Fussell from Obion Central, a Miss Basketball finalist this year who averaged over 30 points per game and five players from this year's all-state tournament team will be returning for their senior seasons (Amber Rechis and Grace Ann Swaim from Westview; Heather Griffin, Heather Butler and Aubrey Reedy from Gibson Co.) - among several other notable young ladies.

It's going to be fun to watch! The two teams that come from this region tournament will definitely be ready to compete for a state championship.

For teams like Gibson Co./Westview/Obion Co., it might hurt with 9 teams being in our District. There are a couple of teams in the new district that would've had problems with our JV team this year. I would rather not have 9 teams in 13AA, but the TSSAA has to do what they have to do!

I just pray that any of the 13AA teams (preferably GC/View/OC) host the Reg. 7AA tournament next year! A trip to Bolivar, Fayette, Chester Co. or Lexington would not be a fun trip for a 13AA championship all over again. This has got to hurt Bolivar. They made state this year. Most likely, next year they will not with the big 3 from 13AA being in the Region now. As far as Bolivar made it this year, the 3 from 13AA would've handled Bolivar.

For teams like Gibson Co./Westview/Obion Co., it might hurt with 9 teams being in our District. There are a couple of teams in the new district that would've had problems with our JV team this year. I would rather not have 9 teams in 13AA, but the TSSAA has to do what they have to do!

I just pray that any of the 13AA teams (preferably GC/View/OC) host the Reg. 7AA tournament next year! A trip to Bolivar, Fayette, Chester Co. or Lexington would not be a fun trip for a 13AA championship all over again. This has got to hurt Bolivar. They made state this year. Most likely, next year they will not with the big 3 from 13AA being in the Region now. As far as Bolivar made it this year, the 3 from 13AA would've handled Bolivar.

There are alot of changes that will have to be made with a 9 team district. One is how to handle the tournament format. I like the way some middle and east tn districts do it and award the top two teams an automatic trip to the region not playing there first game till the district semis. That puts alot more emphasis on the regular season and rewards the top two for their regular season efforts.

As far as hosting the district and region, you still have to keep it somewhat centrally located. It could set up for playing at a neutral site in Jackson. Something to think about.

region qualifier predictions:

13aa

1) Westview

2) Gibson *

3) Obion

4) Haywood

14aa

1) Bolivar

2) McNairy

3) Southside

4) Lexington

* reserve the right to change this prediction if they get anymore highly talented transfers

Would you feel any different if it were OC and Pate being state champs? I wonder..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Get over yourself.

Would you feel any different if it were OC and Pate being state champs? I wonder..... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Get over yourself.

Im a Reedy fan and am glad she got to be on a team that won a state championship....

Someone point this out if I'm wrong....

There is a difference in the Pate-Reedy situation....

The Pate's moved to Obion County because Mr Pate is a pharmacist in Union City....His move, as publicized, was job-related....

I didn't see a job move situation in the article published by The Messenger before the season started concerning the Reedy's.....

We are glad to have Ms Pate...We were also sorry to see Ms Reedy leave....