Wrestling State Duals Moving to Franklin

CoachT

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A huge congrats goes out to Joe Blair. He is the master mind that got this accomplished with very little help from the other three (Franklin, Indy, Ravenwood, that I know of....). Coach Blair put in a lot of hard work and spent a majority of his free time to get this nailed down in a short time period. I can't say thank you enough to Joe Blair and I know we are looking forward to hosting the tournament with Brentwood, Franklin and Ravenwood. It is going to be tough to keep the tournament up to the same standards that the Clarksville community has got it to, but we are definitely up to the challenge.

P.S. I heard from a little birdie that here in the very near future both tournaments will be at the Ag Center!!!!

Congratulations to Coach Blair and the Williamson County Schools for landing this event. Both division in the same building. All the mats in the same room. The building has great vantage points for all the mats, adequate chair back seating, good facilities for those that will need to use them and good proximity to the entire state.

As far as the possibility for the individual state tournament to move to this location, I firmly believe this is a winning situation for all Tennessee Division I wrestlers. With a larger arena and more mats, the Division I tournament can finally get out of the stone age and become a true double elimination event. I am certain there will be someone complain, but who in their right mind is going to complain about this being possible? The coaches have over and over and over proposed that the format can be changed. The thing that was holding up this change was time. There were not enough mats to get the extra matches in. The center in Franklin can hold 12 mats if configured properly (can anyone say Dollamur).

Chattanooga has done a wonderful job in hosting the state tournament over the last 25 to 30 years. Their organization is top notch. The transition from Maclellan to McKenzie to bring both Divisions back together was seamless. They run a class event With the exception of building issues such as food and beverages, no warm up room in recent years, weigh-ins at the tennis center, all of which Morgan, the Parkers, Henry, the Goss's, TBSGBAG, Soddy-Daisy takedown club, and any other volunteers cannot control, it has been great there. There simply is not enough space to put down more mats to hold true double elimination and this is what everyone has been clamoring for over the years.

Congratulations to Coach Blair and the Williamson County Schools for landing this event. Both division in the same building. All the mats in the same room. The building has great vantage points for all the mats, adequate chair back seating, good facilities for those that will need to use them and good proximity to the entire state.

As far as the possibility for the individual state tournament to move to this location, I firmly believe this is a winning situation for all Tennessee Division I wrestlers. With a larger arena and more mats, the Division I tournament can finally get out of the stone age and become a true double elimination event. I am certain there will be someone complain, but who in their right mind is going to complain about this being possible? The coaches have over and over and over proposed that the format can be changed. The thing that was holding up this change was time. There were not enough mats to get the extra matches in. The center in Franklin can hold 12 mats if configured properly (can anyone say Dollamur).

Chattanooga has done a wonderful job in hosting the state tournament over the last 25 to 30 years. Their organization is top notch. The transition from Maclellan to McKenzie to bring both Divisions back together was seamless. They run a class event With the exception of building issues such as food and beverages, no warm up room in recent years, weigh-ins at the tennis center, all of which Morgan, the Parkers, Henry, the Goss's, TBSGBAG, Soddy-Daisy takedown club, and any other volunteers cannot control, it has been great there. There simply is not enough space to put down more mats to hold true double elimination and this is what everyone has been clamoring for over the years.

Great post and logic, but again there will still be those people from the Chattanooga area that will still gripe and whine if the individual tourney is moved to Williamson County.

Will 4,180 seats be enough?