Div II Favorite

GOAT2000

rollredroll, So you are saying that Caucasians are fitted for the "non-skilled" "corn-fed" positions primarily. I don't like tagging a "race" to potential... (if you will)

Prepfan, the facts speak for themselves. White football players are predominately linemen, LBs, and QBs. Black football players have predominately faster 40 times and are, therefore, WRs, RBs, and corners. It's simple math. The key word is predominately, not completely. So, let's try and not make this a racial issue........ (if you will)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepfan, the facts speak for themselves. White football players are predominately linemen, LBs, and QBs. Black football players have predominately faster 40 times and are, therefore, WRs, RBs, and corners. It's simple math. The key word is predominately, not completely. So, let's try and not make this a racial issue........ (if you will)

Thank you. I could not have said it any better myself.

prepfan09, pointing out factual data that shows that certain races feed certain positions more than others is not racism; it's reality.

i agree completely. Ryan players have always played dirty and are coached to do so. several years ago Mike Barry for BA was blindsided after the whistle by a Ryan backer and when the Ryan player returned to the sidelines he was platted on the back by his coach.

what cocky swagger are you talking about?

This thread has really taken a turn for the worst, why are we harping on the trash talk of a high school football team. Everybody does it, face it. As far as the late hit and being patted on the back, I just dont know how true that is. That means your saying that the coaches at Ryan are promoting dirty football. Many coaches that have played the game and are students of the game, coach their players to play to the echo of the whistle. Lets get this thread back on track and stop crying about something we dont know to be true!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm being told one change for this year is that all teams (in D-II AA) will make the playoffs. The 1 and 2 seeds on each side get a bye the first round, the rest play for the quarterfinals. The finals for D-II will be played on Thur. Dec. 3rd. The finals for D-I will be Fri. Dec. 4th and 5th. Still yet to be decided is where.

I'm being told one change for this year is that all teams (in D-II AA) will make the playoffs. The 1 and 2 seeds on each side get a bye the first round, the rest play for the quarterfinals. The finals for D-II will be played on Thur. Dec. 3rd. The finals for D-I will be Fri. Dec. 4th and 5th. Still yet to be decided is where.

And will the championship be a 10:00 AM kick-off, so that in addition to the inconvenience of a mid-week game, we can also contend with early morning traffic?

And will the championship be a 10:00 AM kick-off, so that in addition to the inconvenience of a mid-week game, we can also contend with early morning traffic?

Why we were on the front end and not the back I don't know. Would imagine D-II A @ 4 pm and D-II AA @ 7 pm. My opinion is that the D-II AA game usually decides the best team in the state over all classifications. (most years) Not trying to stir up that debate tho, just saying they will all be played within a 3 day period of time. It is also an opportunity for a team that may not have had a great season but get's hot at the end to play their way back in. If Ryan was that "hot" team at the end of last year, they would have had one more Fri. night to prove it.

Why we were on the front end and not the back I don't know. Would imagine D-II A @ 4 pm and D-II AA @ 7 pm. My opinion is that the D-II AA game usually decides the best team in the state over all classifications. (most years) Not trying to stir up that debate tho, just saying they will all be played within a 3 day period of time. It is also an opportunity for a team that may not have had a great season but get's hot at the end to play their way back in. If Ryan was that "hot" team at the end of last year, they would have had one more Fri. night to prove it.

KWoodroof was being facetious about the times of the games, given the TSSAA has already attempted to trivialize DII by putting the games on Tuesday. It's ironically sad this occurs, given that some of the larger DII schools have been the most prominent representatives of the state of Tennessee on a regional and national level for endeavors not only in football but also in academics.

You will not get much argument from the usuals on these DII threads about the DII game deciding the best team in the state over all classes, given DII-AA's utter dominance of DI over a dozen years, although most of us are politically correct enough to acknowledge that, without a playoff, such a designation is only speculation since it is not proven on the field.

And as for a debate, well, there will not be much of one on the DII threads, as DI supporters avoid them like the plague, seemingly in an "out of sight, out of mind" kind of way, as in, "if we don't acknowledge DII's existence, then we don't have to concede to the on-the-field accomplishments of DII over DI.

And the mystique of making the playoffs just got tossed out the window. Sad.

And the mystique of making the playoffs just got tossed out the window. Sad.

[/quote

I disagree. The teams will be playing the regular season for seeding. (as they have done in the past) There is a big incentive to play your way into the top two positions for the bye, yet come that first round the #8 seed in the east/middle will have a shot at playing their way back into the hunt by defeating the #3 seed in the east/middle. I think it will add some excitement to the end of the season for all fans and teams.

Prepfan, the facts speak for themselves. White football players are predominately linemen, LBs, and QBs. Black football players have predominately faster 40 times and are, therefore, WRs, RBs, and corners. It's simple math. The key word is predominately, not completely. So, let's try a kid plnd not make this a racial issue........ (if you will)

I actually, agree, but we need to rethink what we are doing in Tn., in my humble opinion,. I am stirring the pot a bit to learn more from you guys. I'm new, with a kid playing on the div ii level, who was never recruited, that is what started me defending the DII schools. I'm sure some of that might go on, with some schools, but not with the one that he is attending, in his case, I can promise you that. I really appreciate your opinions. My son comes from a AA program, so I am here to learn, as I said before.