Div II Favorite

GOAT2000

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think a repeat of the final four from last year appears likely. MUS,MBA,EHS and BA should be the class of the league. Baylor, McCallie and CBHS are all on the rise and will be more competitive.

Which one of these schools is your kid enrolled at? What is the basis of your arguement?

Which one of these schools is your kid enrolled at? What is the basis of your arguement?

mobile24's top 4 projections have represented 19 of the 24 finalists in the championship game in the history of the league - not exactly a set of teams that would make the average fan think that those picks are based solely on where his son (if he even has one) attends school.

I am not trying to pose an arguement, just stating what I consider to be the most logical choices. The four teams mentioned all return a fair nucleus of players from sucessful teams. It has nothing to do with schools attended. GOAT,you obviously have different ideas on the subject, why dont you enlighten us............

• 2 weeks later...

I am not trying to pose an arguement, just stating what I consider to be the most logical choices. The four teams mentioned all return a fair nucleus of players from sucessful teams. It has nothing to do with schools attended. GOAT,you obviously have different ideas on the subject, why dont you enlighten us............

We all know that MBA and BA are always going to be in the running for a State Championship but how long do you think it will be before Ensworth wins its first? They have a pretty good coaching staff and they also have pretty good talent and it seems to be getting better with the kids coming from their Middle School.

We all know that MBA and BA are always going to be in the running for a State Championship but how long do you think it will be before Ensworth wins its first? They have a pretty good coaching staff and they also have pretty good talent and it seems to be getting better with the kids coming from their Middle School.

Unless there's some radical change, there will probably never be an August where you could say Ensworth would not be competitive for the state championship. They have a top flight coaching staff and great training facilities. Their issue will be depth. They are a small school by comparison with their competition (about 240 boys form 9-12, if i recall correctly some previous threads). This means that probably only 180 are actually likely to be potential varsity players, as it's the rare freshman who contributes at this level. Two or three injuries to a team this size could be very damaging.

Unless there's some radical change, there will probably never be an August where you could say Ensworth would not be competitive for the state championship. They have a top flight coaching staff and great training facilities. Their issue will be depth. They are a small school by comparison with their competition (about 240 boys form 9-12, if i recall correctly some previous threads). This means that probably only 180 are actually likely to be potential varsity players, as it's the rare freshman who contributes at this level. Two or three injuries to a team this size could be very damaging.

What is the definition of a top flight coaching staff? What makes the Ensworth staff any better than those in DII?

What is the definition of a top flight coaching staff? What makes the Ensworth staff any better than those in DII?

Not sure I'd say better, but certainly as good as any other staff. Ricky Bower's record speaks for itself. There are some who criticize his scheduling so far at Ensworth, and while his non-divisional schedule hasn't been really brutal, he also has an awfully new program. Certainly he showed his ability at MBA, and he didn't duck anybody. The rest of his staff is also very good, and most of them have long and impressive resumes.

Not sure I'd say better, but certainly as good as any other staff. Ricky Bower's record speaks for itself. There are some who criticize his scheduling so far at Ensworth, and while his non-divisional schedule hasn't been really brutal, he also has an awfully new program. Certainly he showed his ability at MBA, and he didn't duck anybody. The rest of his staff is also very good, and most of them have long and impressive resumes.

So in your opinion is this the best assembled staff in the division? I think the staff at BA, Ryan, and MBA are pretty good also. He has a new program and a "deep pocket book" some would say.

So in your opinion is this the best assembled staff in the division? I think the staff at BA, Ryan, and MBA are pretty good also. He has a new program and a "deep pocket book" some would say.

So GOAT, how would you evaluate Bower's coaching? If you look back at just about any successful school whether here or around the country, the teams with the good coaches usually pay well. BA paid Potter well, to leave McCallie, I bet you that. You have a few schools that keep the money amongst a few and their programs are average at best. High School Sports are getting to the level of small colleges in the late 80's, would you guys agree?

I talking about with the coaches pay, the facilities and exposure.