Congrats Jorden Leen

rigger101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Jordan Leen. In fact, I don't even know anyone who knows him personally.

Still, I'd like to make a couple of observations.

First, this is one tough kid. He battles and battles. The Baylor and Chattanooga wrestling communities should be very proud to claim him as one their own.

Second, an observation from last night's NCAA semifinal that really impressed me. As most of you know, Mr. Leen lost a really close, tough match to an exceptional wrestler from Illinois (Poeta), whom, I believe, he beat in the finals last year. At the end of the match, Mr. Leen did not hang his head, he did not stomp off, he did not wine. No, he looked his opponent in face and congratulated him. Then he went to the opponent's corner and congratulated the coaches. This is a true warrior. I will certainly be rooting for him to wrestle back to 3rd place.

I don't know Jordan Leen. In fact, I don't even know anyone who knows him personally.

Still, I'd like to make a couple of observations.

First, this is one tough kid. He battles and battles. The Baylor and Chattanooga wrestling communities should be very proud to claim him as one their own.

Second, an observation from last night's NCAA semifinal that really impressed me. As most of you know, Mr. Leen lost a really close, tough match to an exceptional wrestler from Illinois (Poeta), whom, I believe, he beat in the finals last year. At the end of the match, Mr. Leen did not hang his head, he did not stomp off, he did not wine. No, he looked his opponent in face and congratulated him. Then he went to the opponent's corner and congratulated the coaches. This is a true warrior. I will certainly be rooting for him to wrestle back to 3rd place.

If I remember correctly he beat Poeta who was ranked #1 in the NHSCA Sr National Wrestling Championships in Clevland, OH. Folks from up north were asking :where did this kid come from!"

He's the real deal. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Another interesting note is that Jordan mentioned he will be returning to TN to coach during his interview before the tournament started. I wonder where he will be headed ... /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

CBHS or Bradley Central??????