Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 3:08 on Tuesday, the Times Free Press posted a story by Ward Gossett that E.K. Slaughter took the Cleveland job.

Here's the link: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/ma...b/?breakingnews

Cleveland fans definitely feel that this was a long, unorganized process, but are happy that Slaughter is coming to Cleveland! How successful will he be?......only time will tell, but he will definitely be able to breathe new life into a program that has been unsuccessful as of late.

Raider":2925zstr]

Cleveland fans definitely feel that this was a long, unorganized process, but are happy that Slaughter is coming to Cleveland! How successful will he be?......only time will tell, but he will definitely be able to breathe new life into a program that has been unsuccessful as of late.

He sould have atleast one if not two rings right now. His offensive teams in 2006 and 2007 were bursting with talent and yes they went 24-2 those years but lets look at who they played: Soddy terrible, Boyd small 2A school, Brantford Canada (ha ha), Region 4-4A in those years was a joke, the only team that could compete with them those years was Maryville. I went to both quarterfinal games and I will just say that Maryville did not out athlete Red Bank. Maryville out coached Red Bank. Combined score of 90-34. Cleveland should have hired Benny back when he wanted it a few years ago. Or atleast sweetened the pot for Rankin. We need a coach with STATE credentials. Now as a life long Raider fan, I hope the kids win every game and bring back that swagger that has been missing for the past few years. But I personaly do not agree with this hire. Good luck to him, and maybe we wont be looking for ANOTHER coach in a few years. GO BLUE!!!

He sould have atleast one if not two rings right now. His offensive teams in 2006 and 2007 were bursting with talent and yes they went 24-2 those years but lets look at who they played: Soddy terrible, Boyd small 2A school, Brantford Canada (ha ha), Region 4-4A in those years was a joke, the only team that could compete with them those years was Maryville. I went to both quarterfinal games and I will just say that Maryville did not out athlete Red Bank. Maryville out coached Red Bank. Combined score of 90-34. Cleveland should have hired Benny back when he wanted it a few years ago. Or atleast sweetened the pot for Rankin. We need a coach with STATE credentials. Now as a life long Raider fan, I hope the kids win every game and bring back that swagger that has been missing for the past few years. But I personaly do not agree with this hire. Good luck to him, and maybe we wont be looking for ANOTHER coach in a few years. GO BLUE!!!

I like the hire. Considering the time of year it is, this hire isn't bad at all. Cleveland did the best they could in finding a coach. The Cleveland administion made a mistake four years ago under better circumstances and with bigger name coaches, but this time I feel it was they did their best. Raider fans just have to give the guy a shot. Cleveland offense could be really exciting next year with some of the skill players Cleveland has coming back

I like the hire. Considering the time of year it is, this hire isn't bad at all. Cleveland did the best they could in finding a coach. The Cleveland administion made a mistake four years ago under better circumstances and with bigger name coaches, but this time I feel it was they did their best. Raider fans just have to give the guy a shot. Cleveland offense could be really exciting next year with some of the skill players Cleveland has coming back

Monroe doesn't want the job and we can't go back to the past and the what ifs. When Rankin wanted the job back then he didn't have a championship. Now with his wins you have to whine about the past. Cleveland got a good coach considering the timing. I like the hire and I'm excited about the upcoming season. I think Slaughter could go a long ways with our guys. Give the guy a chance.

Monroe doesn't want the job and we can't go back to the past and the what ifs. When Rankin wanted the job back then he didn't have a championship. Now with his wins you have to whine about the past. Cleveland got a good coach considering the timing. I like the hire and I'm excited about the upcoming season. I think Slaughter could go a long ways with our guys. Give the guy a chance.

I believe he already did have a couple of championships from Riverdale before he applied, but that's besides the point, I agree that we need to look towards the future with Slaughter.

I've heard that Cleveland will hold spring practice sometime next week. It should be interesting in seeing who will be on Slaughter's Staff; I've heard that he's bringing an assistant from some school with him to Cleveland.

I have heard reports that atleast one has transfered to South Pitt and maybe several others will also transfer out. Not positive but just what I have heard.

The kid transferring to South Pittsburg is Coach Wilson's son, so obviously that makes sense. From what I've heard the players like the coach and the system he runs will more than likely keep everybody at Cleveland.

People like this crack me up. Your only problem with the coach you hired is that he couldn't out coach Maryville? In my view, Cleveland made a GREAT hire. I'll be very surprised if they don't make some noise in 6A in the coming years.