Who will coach Cleveland? Who are the new candidates?

auburn

People like this crack me up. Your only problem with the coach you hired is that he couldn't out coach Maryville? In my view, Cleveland made a GREAT hire. I'll be very surprised if they don't make some noise in 6A in the coming years.

My problem is not with the coach, I'm sure he is a great guy. My problem is that of the coaches that were the top candidates, he(in my mind) was not the best. And I know that when Wilson left it put us in a bind to find a replacement fast, but I just feel the admin could have gotten a high profile name with a proven record. Granted EK did a great job at SD, but that was just one year. And one year of 8-4, and one year of being a HC, just doesnt impress me. In no way do I wish him a terrible season, in fact I hope he does turn it around, I was just stating my opinon. And if that upsets you, well too bad. Good luck Raiders....and GO BIG BLUE!!!

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem is not with the coach, I'm sure he is a great guy. My problem is that of the coaches that were the top candidates, he(in my mind) was not the best. And I know that when Wilson left it put us in a bind to find a replacement fast, but I just feel the admin could have gotten a high profile name with a proven record. Granted EK did a great job at SD, but that was just one year. And one year of 8-4, and one year of being a HC, just doesnt impress me. In no way do I wish him a terrible season, in fact I hope he does turn it around, I was just stating my opinon. And if that upsets you, well too bad. Good luck Raiders....and GO BIG BLUE!!!

From what I have heard, the administration tried very hard to get a high profile coach. They tried to get Coach Monroe, Coach Rankin and Coach Crawford among some other PROVEN head coaches. The point is, it was too late in the season to lure an established head coach away from their current program, unless they happened to catch them in the right situation. Not many would be willing to leave their current programs after already having spring practice to move in this economy and start over. I think Cleveland is lucky to have Coach Slaughter. He is a good coach.I bet it wasn't easy for him to leave Soddy and his players. Better get on the band wagon and support him or this program will continue to go in a different direction.

From what I have heard, the administration tried very hard to get a high profile coach. They tried to get Coach Monroe, Coach Rankin and Coach Crawford among some other PROVEN head coaches. The point is, it was too late in the season to lure an established head coach away from their current program, unless they happened to catch them in the right situation. Not many would be willing to leave their current programs after already having spring practice to move in this economy and start over. I think Cleveland is lucky to have Coach Slaughter. He is a good coach. I bet it wasn't easy for him to leave Soddy and his players. Better get on the band wagon and support him or this program will continue to go in a different direction.

Definitely Agree. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Coach Wilson resigned in MARCH, in case you don't have a calendar it is MAY. Wilson did not put Cleveland in a bind; Cleveland put itself in a bind. Putting his school in a bind would be what Slaughter did to SD. Everyone downed Wilson while he was at Cleveland, and then they down him for leaving. It is a shame that Cleveland is the slacker and SD has to suffer. It is going to be interesting to see how this marriage of the two unfaithful will work.

Coach Wilson resigned in MARCH, in case you don't have a calendar it is MAY. Wilson did not put Cleveland in a bind; Cleveland put itself in a bind. Putting his school in a bind would be what Slaughter did to SD. Everyone downed Wilson while he was at Cleveland, and then they down him for leaving. It is a shame that Cleveland is the slacker and SD has to suffer. It is going to be interesting to see how this marriage of the two unfaithful will work.

what a stupid post... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yes, we downed Wilson while he was here, we also downed the administion for the Wilson hire(considering the the other options, I'd say we had every right to). Yes, we downed Wilson for leaving in mid-March, instead of leaving in Nov-Dec., and telling us he was giving up coaching for a while and later find out he took a job somewhere else. I feel for Soddy for having to find a coach this late in the game, but their are some quality assistant coaches out there that would love to be a head coach, the Soddy admisistion made a great hire last year, hopefully they can find a diamond in the rough.

Slaughter is a good offensive coach...but 1 year of experience as a head coach leaves questions...kinda like The Univ. of Tennessee and Lane Kiffin...a lot of questions????????????

From what I've heard, Slaughter is going to keep the veteran guys of the Cleveland coaching staff which will definitely help him along the way. I wonder who the defensive coordinator will be... I've also heard that an assistant from Red Bank is coming to Cleveland.

Raider":iykx125r]

From what I've heard, Slaughter is going to keep the veteran guys of the Cleveland coaching staff which will definitely help him along the way. I wonder who the defensive coordinator will be... I've also heard that an assistant from Red Bank is coming to Cleveland.

they also got soddy's o/line coach today

I agree that this is a stupid post. In case you didn't know buddy, that's what coaches do in their profession. Coaches come and go. They look for better jobs, look for better money, and look for better athletes so they can get rings!! All coaches are unfaithful. Coaches who can't take the heat, need to find another profession.

I agree that this is a stupid post. In case you didn't know buddy, that's what coaches do in their profession. Coaches come and go. They look for better jobs, look for better money, and look for better athletes so they can get rings!! All coaches are unfaithful. Coaches who can't take the heat, need to find another profession.

My bad, I thought high school athletics had SOMETHING to do with the kids. That is right it is about the wins, money, rings, and how good you look infront of other coaches. Sorry, I guess I lost perspective.

Yes, we downed Wilson while he was here, we also downed the administion for the Wilson hire(considering the the other options, I'd say we had every right to). Yes, we downed Wilson for leaving in mid-March, instead of leaving in Nov-Dec., and telling us he was giving up coaching for a while and later find out he took a job somewhere else. I feel for Soddy for having to find a coach this late in the game, but their are some quality assistant coaches out there that would love to be a head coach, the Soddy admisistion made a great hire last year, hopefully they can find a diamond in the rough.

Why would you care if he took a job somewhere else if he is such a bad coach, you should be grateful. You can not play the victim both ways (hate him for coming/hate him for going). May be I am wrong but most coaches be willing to make a move in late March. Soddy will most likely hire an assistant, because trying to taking someone's head coach during spring practice would be bush league.