Coffee Co. wins BIG

chs4life

Either way you say it doesn't matter. Posting it on here makes it bragging & once again I say it's tacky to brag about a 19-0 win in 2.5 innings. Like earlier posted don't believe you put much thought into the way you worded the "news" you were "reporting" But you can try & spin it any way you want but you sound more like some guy about 9 1/2 years ago that wanted the definition of the word "is" explained to him.

Like your hero says "You got to beat the man to be the man" Well they didn't beat da man! when they do I hope to hear about it on coach T !

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

We broadcasted the game on the radio and the newspapers will do stories on it. I guess we should have stopped the broadcast and the newspaper guys, well I hope they spin it in a way that makes you happy.

By the way I did not "spin it" I stated fact. We won big 19-0 and Keele had a HR, FACT. It was not by a little. I hope you are done and you can head back to the T-ball field. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We broadcasted the game on the radio and the newspapers will do stories on it. I guess we should have stopped the broadcast and the newspaper guys, well I hope they spin it in a way that makes you happy.

By the way I did not "spin it" I stated fact. We won big 19-0 and Keele had a HR, FACT. It was not by a little. I hope you are done and you can head back to the T-ball field. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I bet you never dreamed your short post about this game would get so much attention. Are most of the other people posting on this subject from other teams you play in your district? I can't understand so many negative comments about your post. Yes, maybe the way you worded it did come across as "bragging", but should we get into the same discussion as the people that complained about MrNoItAll using the word "loser"? You said what you said because you were excited about the game, that's all. Everyone needs to move on to encouraging all of the teams and players!

I bet you never dreamed your short post about this game would get so much attention. Are most of the other people posting on this subject from other teams you play in your district? I can't understand so many negative comments about your post. Yes, maybe the way you worded it did come across as "bragging", but should we get into the same discussion as the people that complained about MrNoItAll using the word "loser"? You said what you said because you were excited about the game, that's all. Everyone needs to move on to encouraging all of the teams and players!

The post was made in poor taste and did not warrant starting a new thread. TACKY! But why should we expect anything less /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Surely you jest? Heck, we's just havin' a little fun...and already up to 4 pages!

I think the question does beg, though, should you post on something like this at all? Maybe news is slow in CC. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

By the way, did y'all participate in 'Earth Hour' by turnin' all y'alls lights out from 8:30 - 9:30 tonight? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Fact is they won by 19 in 2.5 innings & Keele had a HR as I'm sure other girls were peppering bombs all over the field off the 40 mile an hr pitching. But there is still nothing "big" about it. I do now understand that you are in the news business & its your job to make it sound good (big). Good luck Coffee Co.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> O.K. now i'm going back to the "T" ball field! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Surely you jest? Heck, we's just havin' a little fun...and already up to 4 pages!

I think the question does beg, though, should you post on something like this at all? Maybe news is slow in CC. /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

By the way, did y'all participate in 'Earth Hour' by turnin' all y'alls lights out from 8:30 - 9:30 tonight? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

I enjoy reading the various posts on various subjects. I just think it is funny how some posts don't get much of a response and others, like this one, have four pages. I don't know any of ya'll and was trying to figure out the common denominator as to what led to so many responses on this one. I admit when I first saw the post I really felt sorry of the losing team and had to find out how it came about, now that I know that the coach did not run the score up on purpose, I am over it. However, it seems like some people on here are against CCHS, so that leads me to believe these are people that play in the same district as CCHS and it is a competitive thing with maybe a little history behind it. Am I right?

I enjoy reading the various posts on various subjects. I just think it is funny how some posts don't get much of a response and others, like this one, have four pages. I don't know any of ya'll and was trying to figure out the common denominator as to what led to so many responses on this one. I admit when I first saw the post I really felt sorry of the losing team and had to find out how it came about, now that I know that the coach did not run the score up on purpose, I am over it. However, it seems like some people on here are against CCHS, so that leads me to believe these are people that play in the same district as CCHS and it is a competitive thing with maybe a little history behind it. Am I right?

There is definitely history and just to set the record straight the coach didn't allow all of his varsity starters to bat. Some don't ever get a chance to bat and some don't even get on the field and these are seniors. I mean hey, if you are a senior you should get your chance, right? You've paid your dues, you've waited for your time to come, you've done all of the fundraising, and your parents have transported you and your teammates all over the district. One would think if you are "good" enough to make the team as a senior, then you should be playing right? They didn't even have to try out to be on the team, they were all "so good". What kind of message does this coach send to his players? Sounds like he pits them against each othere before they even get started. But I guess when you are winning and beating teams by 19 you can do whatever you want at all cost. It really doesn't matter what kind of life lessons he is teaching these young ladies, the most important thing is that we win. After all everyone knows he runs a good program.

There is definitely history and just to set the record straight the coach didn't allow all of his varsity starters to bat. Some don't ever get a chance to bat and some don't even get on the field and these are seniors. I mean hey, if you are a senior you should get your chance, right? You've paid your dues, you've waited for your time to come, you've done all of the fundraising, and your parents have transported you and your teammates all over the district. One would think if you are "good" enough to make the team as a senior, then you should be playing right? They didn't even have to try out to be in the team, they were all so good. What kind of message does this coach send to his players? Sounds like he pits them against each othere before he even gets starts. But I guess when you are winning and beating teams by 19 you can do whatever you want and all cost. It really doesn't matter what kind of life lessons he is teaching these young ladies, the most important thing is that we win. After all everyone knows he runs a good program.

How do threads get so screwed up on here?

Short and sweet:

19-0 IS winning big.

19-0 probably WASN'T a "big" win.

Coffee County has a strong team. Nothing wrong with being excited about dominating on the field. That's what competition is supposed to be about. Some might be taking it a little far, but we haven't scored 19 runs in any two games combined so far this year, much less in 2 innings. If they aren't all that against the big girls, it will come back around. If they are, then we'll be hearing a lot more from them this year.

In competitive sports, the best are supposed to get the playing time. Playing a senior over a more talented younger player just because the senior has "hung around" long enough to be older is ridiculous. "Dues" are paid by performing on the practice and game fields. The "life lessons" taught by any other approach are the ones which are truly questionable.

There is definitely history and just to set the record straight the coach didn't allow all of his varsity starters to bat. Some don't ever get a chance to bat and some don't even get on the field and these are seniors. I mean hey, if you are a senior you should get your chance, right? You've paid your dues, you've waited for your time to come, you've done all of the fundraising, and your parents have transported you and your teammates all over the district. One would think if you are "good" enough to make the team as a senior, then you should be playing right? They didn't even have to try out to be in the team, they were all so good. What kind of message does this coach send to his players? Sounds like he pits them against each othere before he even gets starts. But I guess when you are winning and beating teams by 19 you can do whatever you want and all cost. It really doesn't matter what kind of life lessons he is teaching these young ladies, the most important thing is that we win. After all everyone knows he runs a good program.

What's your team and have they ever beaten anyone convincingly?

Good Grief.

This has gotten unbelieveable stupid.

Coffee County beats Franklin Co. 19-0 in 2.5 innings using the mercy rule.

CC scored 4 runs in 1st inning and then came to bat in the 2nd and scored 15 more before the third out.

Do you want the girls to strike out intentionally? Maybe lay down a easy bunt for the out.

Yes 19-0 in a softball is considered a "big" or "large" margin.

Not tacky just stated fact.

Hope that FC can get better so they can get competative in all District 8-AAA.

Lastly, Lucky is a huge supporter of CC sports, he is guilty of that

If you support another team, then maybe you are biased as well.

Good Grief.

This has gotten unbelieveable stupid.

Coffee County beats Franklin Co. 19-0 in 2.5 innings using the mercy rule.

CC scored 4 runs in 1st inning and then came to bat in the 2nd and scored 15 more before the third out.

Do you want the girls to strike out intentionally? Maybe lay down a easy bunt for the out.

Yes 19-0 in a softball is considered a "big" or "large" margin.

Not tacky just stated fact.

Hope that FC can get better so they can get competative in all District 8-AAA.

Lastly, Lucky is a huge supporter of CC sports, he is guilty of that

If you support another team, then maybe you are biased as well.

Nobody has argued that 19-0 is not a large margin. Nor has anyone said that they are blaming CC for running up the score. Things like that happen in softball. People are only posting how it was TACKY that Radio posted THIS win. I agree with you completely " This is a Stupid Thread!"