District 11

fbforme

Alright, I'll get it started. Then let's all give some thoughts and comments on what we think. I know it is early, but we can make it fun.

1. Brentwood (as bad as I hate to pick them first)

2. Hillsboro (hard to go against so much talent but did lose coach)

3. Franklin (always seems to be at top) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

4. Ravenwood (new coach also)

5. Centennial (life without Scales and Kelly)

6. Independence (Will be best 6th place team in state, just too tough of district)

These are just my early picks. I think the top three and the bottom three could go in any order!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'll get it started. Then let's all give some thoughts and comments on what we think. I know it is early, but we can make it fun.

1. Brentwood (as bad as I hate to pick them first)

2. Hillsboro (hard to go against so much talent but did lose coach)

3. Franklin (always seems to be at top) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

4. Ravenwood (new coach also)

5. Centennial (life without Scales and Kelly)

6. Independence (Will be best 6th place team in state, just too tough of district)

These are just my early picks. I think the top three and the bottom three could go in any order!

Its a good thing you arent completely serious, i would of thought you were on drugs with all the players brentwood lost, especially on defense, and how many returning starters are on Ravewood's and Indy's squads.

Indy at #6? Ravenwod at # 4? Franklin at #3? Heres what i think and why i think so.

1. Franklin (Running game returns the dynamic duo Lee/Ford. Can the d and a qb step up?)

2. Indy (Returning starters are balanced on both sides of the ball, led by 3rd year players Heckman & Stannard)

3. Hillsboro (State Champs from last year because of 6 division 1 signing players, but with adding a new coach in the middle of spring practice be their downfall?)

4. Ravenwood (Will still do good but with a ok amount of returners from last year and a new coach itll be tough)

5. Brentwood (Graduated many seniors and starters it will be hard to rebuild with this district)

6. Centennial (After having thier best season ever and losing their best players in school history, Scales and Kelly it will be a long road for the Cougars)

Its a good thing you arent completely serious, i would of thought you were on drugs with all the players brentwood lost, especially on defense, and how many returning starters are on Ravewood's and Indy's squads.

Indy at #6? Ravenwod at # 4? Franklin at #3? Heres what i think and why i think so.

1. Franklin (Running game returns the dynamic duo Lee/Ford. Can the d and a qb step up?)

2. Indy (Returning starters are balanced on both sides of the ball, led by 3rd year players Heckman & Stannard)

3. Hillsboro (State Champs from last year because of 6 division 1 signing players, but with adding a new coach in the middle of spring practice be their downfall?)

4. Ravenwood (Will still do good but with a ok amount of returners from last year and a new coach itll be tough)

5. Brentwood (Graduated many seniors and starters it will be hard to rebuild with this district)

6. Centennial (After having thier best season ever and losing their best players in school history, Scales and Kelly it will be a long road for the Cougars)

Hope your right on Franklin, but losing Nichols and the wide receivers he had will be hard to replace. Who will be the new QB at Franklin? I guess he will be giving the ball to Lee/Ford so they should be ok. Don't ever see Brentwood falling that far down and just don't see Indy being that much better.

Hope your right on Franklin, but losing Nichols and the wide receivers he had will be hard to replace. Who will be the new QB at Franklin? I guess he will be giving the ball to Lee/Ford so they should be ok. Don't ever see Brentwood falling that far down and just don't see Indy being that much better.

Well with a district this tough, anything is possible from 2nd place - 5th place, i just think Centennial got screwed on their part. Plus brenwood graduated a ton seniors on the team (25+ ?). I dont know if all of them started but one great player returning, Cameron Croy LB, on defense isnt enough to survive in this district; if the young team steps up or unless im mistaken on how many returners they have they are in a lot of trouble next season. About the Franklin qb situation i hope they figure out something then everyone will know what they are doing on offense, like with Indy last year.

It could even end up like-

1. Franklin

2. Hillsboro

3. Indy

4. Brentwood

5. Ravenwood

6. Centennial

I guess we wont know until the season starts.

you did not read all of my post and no I'm not on drugs. The top three (Brentwood, Hillsboro, and Franklin) could go in any order and the bottom three (Ravenwood, Indy, and Centennial) could go in any order. Just see the district coming down to the top three and depending on everyones non district games, the whole district could be in the playoffs next year. Hardest to make playoffs - Centennial and Indy. IMO

Centennial lost too much talent and I just dont' see Indy getting over hump with non district games against Oakland and MBA. Could be too tough plus the district. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

1. Franklin

2. Ravenwood

3. Brentwood

4. Centennial

5. Hillsboro

6. Independence

Can anyone shed some light on what/who Ravenwood has coming back?

Ok so you dont know who is returning on Ravenwood, who also has a new head coach, and yet you put them to finish 2nd? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But it is still a good educated guess, Tony Rowland the starting running back for the past two years (he is a beast), and Alex Williams starting QB from last year. Thats about how much i know and i think they have a wide out with the last name fitzgerald who started last year, and is returning.

Plus you put Centennial above Hillsboro? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Ok so you dont know who is returning on Ravenwood, who also has a new head coach, and yet you put them to finish 2nd? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But it is still a good educated guess, Tony Rowland the starting running back for the past two years (he is a beast), and Alex Williams starting QB from last year. Thats about how much i know and i think they have a wide out with the last name fitzgerald who started last year, and is returning.

Plus you put Centennial above Hillsboro? /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

I knew the QB for Ravenwood was coming back... plus the new head coach was the offensive coordinator... so it's not like everything's brand new... not so far fetched to pick them second considering the numbers that Brentwood graduated.

Depending on who is named coach at Hillsboro... they could have a long season. Like Centennial, they lost a lot of offensive fire power... plus they've seemed like a rudderless ship this offseason with Coach Blade leaving.

Just my opinion...

Do you know anything about what/who Hillsboro has coming back?

I knew the QB for Ravenwood was coming back... plus the new head coach was the offensive coordinator... so it's not like everything's brand new... not so far fetched to pick them second considering the numbers that Brentwood graduated.

Depending on who is named coach at Hillsboro... they could have a long season. Like Centennial, they lost a lot of offensive fire power... plus they've seemed like a rudderless ship this offseason with Coach Blade leaving.

Just my opinion...

Do you know anything about what/who Hillsboro has coming back?

Not much but i do know they have 7 seniors who signed letters of intent for Divsion 1 schools, like Eric Berry to UT. And according their past records they always seem to have athletic player no matter how many players are leaving. So they could finish anywhere from 1st to 4th is how i see it. But im sure if you ask the guys on the Hillsboro thred they will tell ya some names.

And about r'wood, true they have so much talent and wisdom on offense with their offensive cord. being the new head coach. But what about the other side of the ball? Do they have the wisdom, talent and leadership on defense? The new head coach wont be there long if he cant learn to opperate a defense, im not saying he wont be able to but im just saying they could be a little shaky on defense. I say the raptors can finish anywhere from 3rd to 5th next year.

Absolutley no love for the eagles of indy, which as a fan, i love to see. It is always a good thing to be looked over and underestimated.

Mighty early, but this is my outlook.

Brentwood

Independence

Franklin

Ravenwood

Hillsboro

Centennial

Most of my logic boils down to returning players or starters, "star" power for each team, key losses, coaching changes (Blade gone will really hurt the burros in my opinion).

Someone on here stated that Brentwood lost a lot of players, which I believe they did, but they also have a few guys back that I know of that are good players. Indy has a lot of players back, maybe the most back in all the region. Franklin lost a bunch of guys across the front lines and the Qb. Best Rbs around though! Ravenwood is hard to figure out. Have a few guys back with new coach. The burros are still coachless and lost some very talented players. Will they withstand the brutal stretch of games in the new region? Centennial will not be the Centennial of 2008. Lost too many key players, who were very good!

Yet another opinion for the thread.

Good luck to all the teams. I love middle tennessee football!

Absolutley no love for the eagles of indy, which as a fan, i love to see. It is always a good thing to be looked over and underestimated.

Mighty early, but this is my outlook.

Brentwood

Independence

Franklin

Ravenwood

Hillsboro

Centennial

Most of my logic boils down to returning players or starters, "star" power for each team, key losses, coaching changes (Blade gone will really hurt the burros in my opinion).

Someone on here stated that Brentwood lost a lot of players, which I believe they did, but they also have a few guys back that I know of that are good players. Indy has a lot of players back, maybe the most back in all the region. Franklin lost a bunch of guys across the front lines and the Qb. Best Rbs around though! Ravenwood is hard to figure out. Have a few guys back with new coach. The burros are still coachless and lost some very talented players. Will they withstand the brutal stretch of games in the new region? Centennial will not be the Centennial of 2008. Lost too many key players, who were very good!

Yet another opinion for the thread. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good luck to all the teams. I love middle tennessee football!

No doubt Hillsboro will be hurt with STILL no head coach, especially with spring practice and scrimmages! That will deffintly hurt them if they hire someone outside the system. Now when you mention the Raptors, they have a lot fire power on offense, if you refer to my statement earlier on this thred, but their defense is a question mark to me.

Ok MackBrown,

Let me make this clear i am just a fan of this District

I understand that you know that Brentwood lost alot of seniors, but that was just on defense and only lost three guys on offense. First i will state that on offense yes AJ Krow was the anchor of the team, but the team had no throwing game which cost them going to STATE, the new quarter back Clay Webber a JR. started three games last year and averaged over 180 yards of passing yards during those games as a soph. thats pretty good and only one of those games was a cupcake. The rest of the offense will return which includes division I prospects Jordans Evans WR/Ath. and Jeremy Coffey RB, they also have Michael Dugan 6'5 WR and all there line excpet two return.

Now on Defense you said we lost every starter except Cameron Croy, that is wrong we have Austin Johnson starting CB and also on Brentwoods D-line the coaches dont play the same four guys they have a rotation and get two very strong boys back Jacob Norfleet DE ( younger Brother to Jaron Norfleet UTC) and Grahm Slaughter NT who had a total of 3 sacks last year and forced the QBs to get rid of the ball when they didnt want to. Sure they have work to do, but Defense is what Brentwood is known for not offense every year since Crawford as been there the defense has been one of the best in the district let alone the state and he looses guys every year to it.

Now Franklin is going to be very good with Keylo and Ford both these boys were amazing last year and im not expecting any drop off, i have heard form franklin sources that they have been trying Keylo in the slot for a recevier weapon since they lost both Eaton and Starnes to Grad. and i have heard that Mikurt is projected to be the starter (brother former rebel QB)

Ravenwood- Gets Tony Rowland back at RB, Alex Williams at QB and Ryan Fitzpatrick at WR. That is going to be another explosive offense and they always seem to have one line sign with a division I team every year.

Indy - Get there QB back who will be the starter for his third year, but might be in the same boat as last year if they can not find a running game to help him with the passing becuase half way through the year teams found out about this and just just covered them and didnt worry about the running game.

Centennial - Offense people are saying will be down , but they have in my mind the best RB in the Region in Tony Kemp and another athletic QB in Leach, even though he is a soph. he started on the varsity last year on defense and let me tell you this kid can play the game. AS for loosing Drew Kelly yes he was a big body but he only mabye got one catch a game usually, this offense is made for running and that is what ehy will do.

So as you can see this region has some great offensive fire power, but the winner will be which team can have the defense to stop just some of the points that will be scored this year becasue it is not just Brentwood last lost defense.