• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Scrimmages scheduled for july 31 @ Knox Central--6 PM

Aug. 7 Heritage @ JCHS-6 PM

Aug. 13 Farragut @ JCHS-6 PM

It About football time in Jefferson County--I attended Camp for a while today and the coaches nare working hard to get the team ready and the team is putting out maximum effort to get ready. I predict a great year for the BIG BLUE PATRIOTS of J C H S as they begin the return to the kind of team that we have seen in the past. Not the biggest bunch I have seen in my 25 years of following the PATS but a good strong, hard working bunch of guys.

Warlock,

If they build a new stadium, will it be in same place? Is design to have bleachers on both sides? I can tell you in 1975 when we first took the field - first game at home was against Sevier Co. - we won- that stadium was awesome. I had played at Jeff City and our playing field was a march from the dressing rooms. I will never forget Sonny Freguson knocking the SC quarterback out of that game when he did a bootleg in front of our bench.

So much history has gone on on that field. IT will be hard to imagine Jeff co without that field. But at the same time, maybe a new stadium will bring back some of that "country football swagger" that Jeff was known for. Lets get those athletes back on the football field. All I'm saying is that a new stadium could revamp some life of the Jeff co football tradition that has been lost.

Scrimmages scheduled for july 31 @ Knox Central--6 PM

Aug. 7 Heritage @ JCHS-6 PM

Aug. 13 Farragut @ JCHS-6 PM

It About football time in Jefferson County--I attended Camp for a while today and the coaches nare working hard to get the team ready and the team is putting out maximum effort to get ready. I predict a great year for the BIG BLUE PATRIOTS of J C H S as they begin the return to the kind of team that we have seen in the past. Not the biggest bunch I have seen in my 25 years of following the PATS but a good strong, hard working bunch of guys.

Word I have is that tonights game has been moved to the Jeff County Prictice field.

Knox Central will be leaving from Knoxville at 4:00 PM

Guess all the rain has flooded out the Cental field.

Regards

Warlock,

If they build a new stadium, will it be in same place? Is design to have bleachers on both sides? I can tell you in 1975 when we first took the field - first game at home was against Sevier Co. - we won- that stadium was awesome. I had played at Jeff City and our playing field was a march from the dressing rooms. I will never forget Sonny Freguson knocking the SC quarterback out of that game when he did a bootleg in front of our bench.

As far as I know it will be in the same place, but you never know. All I know is we will just have to wait and see because it is all a rumor for now.