Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

Anyways... It could have been a lot worse. The first string could have played past the 5 minute mark in the 2nd quarter. You know? I really did feel bad for Cocke Co. during that game. It's pouring rain on you, you're getting killed, and you are out in the middle of the hills in this old stadium. (I felt as bad for myself in the stands though) And yes, the mercy rule might be the best thing TSSAA has ever done. But hey, the past is the past. Maybe a 54 point deficit is too much for some people. I've seen about 4 or 5 of those over at my school though. Was it classlessness and running the score up? Nope, thats hard to do in the wing-T when you run it every play winning or losing. Back in the Harrison Smith era I think we had 3 more than 54. :thumb:

But enough about this talk. Jefferson County football. Can anyone give me the schedule they have and maybe projections about who they can beat?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone give me the schedule they have and maybe projections about who they can beat?

Fri Aug. 21 at Greeneville

Fri Aug. 28 Bearden

Fri Sep. 4 at Sevier Co. D

Fri Sep. 11 at William Blount

Fri Sep. 18 Seymour D

Fri Oct. 2 Cocke Co. D

Fri Oct. 9 at Cherokee D

Thu Oct. 15 at Morristown West D MyVLT2 TV Game

Fri Oct. 23 Morristown East D

Fri Oct. 30 South Doyle D

No predictions from me other than Jeff-Co 28 G-ville 21 on Friday

Go Patriots!!!

anymore predictions on the greeneville-Jeff co. game? I'm going to go 31-28 Jeff. I say that.... Jeff capitalizes on some turnovers and their QB makes some good plays to get the offense rolling early. I bet that Greeneville comes out ready to "get revenge" for last year, but makes some dumb mistakes early. Just a guess. I haven't seen either team this year. Jeff will be substantially better than last year though with talented juniors coming up.

anymore predictions on the greeneville-Jeff co. game? I'm going to go 31-28 Jeff. I say that.... Jeff capitalizes on some turnovers and their QB makes some good plays to get the offense rolling early. I bet that Greeneville comes out ready to "get revenge" for last year, but makes some dumb mistakes early. Just a guess. I haven't seen either team this year. Jeff will be substantially better than last year though with talented juniors coming up.

I'm sorry but I didn't see "substantially better" than last year. Greeneville did have some turnovers but the Patriots didn't have the juice to capitalize against the Greeneville D. Our offense did make quite a few dumb mistakes...mostly technical errors that will improve. Quarles did have a good night though 163 yards passing in spite of a sack resulting in a fumble ( man that was some hit) and an int. Spradlin had a decent night with 69 yds rushing on 12 carries. I was really impressed by the kicking game. I think Ogle kicked it through the endzone everytime but one and Hughes had 3 punts over 40 yds with incredible hang time. I think Bo Ausmus is quite an impressive athlete but the Patriots need to find a way to get bigger, faster,stronger or at least better conditioned before their conference play begins or its likely to be a long season again.

Greeneville won ,no question who the better team was that night.As a Patriot fan I salute the Greendevils for a honorably fought game.I must also fight the urge to strangle the side judge for calling back that 65 yard TD that (JC)Bo caught...he waited till the Patriots were celebrating in the endzone before becoming confused as to where the line of scrimmage was. Although Im just kidding about the "strangling" part,It is a shame that there is not more oversight on the refs---no complaints are heard.....no opportunity to review and learn from mistakes ...... No real oversight or concern from TSSAA on these matters .Until refs/judges are held to a higher standard we will continue to see(on occaision anyway) these sorts of issues arise . On to the Patriots many great things were seen! Bo,Brad,Trevor,Thomas,Anthony,Travis had good games,Im sure there were more but I dont have a film to review. Of course after a big loss my first initial response(at least privately)is too demand/suggest a bunch of wholesale changes. For example move this guy here or there or run different plays or schemes. On further consideration Im glad I kept my mouth shut.Afterall I'm not at practice everyday and I really dont know who can do what.I do,however, believe and almost said to the coaches that the team should be in the weight room and be serious while in there, But again I would have been out of line because they had already thought of that and had them in there HITTING the weights this past Sunday! This strong committment to the weight room is whats going to take us were we want to go!!!!....I implore all serious Patriot Football players to get in the weight room 3 to 4 times a week/work hard while in there/and watch their nutrition/HIGH PROTEIN every 3-4 hours !!!! Parents and families and supporters lets get on board here and help and encourage these FINE MEN ! GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life

Greeneville won ,no question who the better team was that night.As a Patriot fan I salute the Greendevils for a honorably fought game.I must also fight the urge to strangle the side judge for calling back that 65 yard TD that (JC)Bo caught...he waited till the Patriots were celebrating in the endzone before becoming confused as to where the line of scrimmage was. Although Im just kidding about the "strangling" part,It is a shame that there is not more oversight on the refs---no complaints are heard.....no opportunity to review and learn from mistakes ...... No real oversight or concern from TSSAA on these matters .Until refs/judges are held to a higher standard we will continue to see(on occaision anyway) these sorts of issues arise . On to the Patriots many great things were seen! Bo,Brad,Trevor,Thomas,Anthony,Travis had good games,Im sure there were more but I dont have a film to review. Of course after a big loss my first initial response(at least privately)is too demand/suggest a bunch of wholesale changes. For example move this guy here or there or run different plays or schemes. On further consideration Im glad I kept my mouth shut.Afterall I'm not at practice everyday and I really dont know who can do what.I do,however, believe and almost said to the coaches that the team should be in the weight room and be serious while in there, But again I would have been out of line because they had already thought of that and had them in there HITTING the weights this past Sunday! This strong committment to the weight room is whats going to take us were we want to go!!!!....I implore all serious Patriot Football players to get in the weight room 3 to 4 times a week/work hard while in there/and watch their nutrition/HIGH PROTEIN every 3-4 hours !!!! Parents and families and supporters lets get on board here and help and encourage these FINE MEN ! GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life

I can't believe you are actually whining about a lousy call. The flag was thrown in a timely fashion...and would have been thrown whether you all were partying in the end-zone or not. The play was flagged correctly, he was definitely beyond the line of scrimmage. I doubt if he was indeed "confused". The Devil D man-handled your Patriots and all you can do is complain about a call. And while I agree with you about conditioning,its already to late to bulk up the line. That takes individual committment from the guys in the off-season. I was hoping, from what i've read to see the Pats dominate 5 rivers this year.....somebody needs to step up against those boys from MoTown. I guess I will have to look somewhere else

First let me say, Congratulations to the Greeneville program!!!

I was highly impressed with the coaching, conditioning and class of your program/fans.

The group of Greeneville fans that was near where I sat for the game where excellent before, during and after the game. Thank you for a wonderful football experience. The drive home was not as pleasurable as last year, but that is why you play the game.

:thumb: "good crow"

Greeneville’s Line size came into play as Jeff-Co did not rotate the D-line as they needed to. Early in the game the D-line had some good plays and flew to the ball, but the lack of rotation really showed on the last TD Greeneville scored. Arm tackling and trying to ride down runners will not get it done for Jeff-Co in stopping the run as the season moves forward. When you have a platoon system, you should use it, or at least that part of it. Loosing the nose guard to injury did not help either, but Schuchart stepped up and made some good plays. Great job.

Linebacker play was very good for the majority of the game. Secondary play was good other than the first play of the game for Greeneville, those plays happen on occasion and the team did not fold on first sign of trouble. I believe the coaching staff made a great move by putting in Bo in the secondary. The result was an INT and Jeff-Co getting the ball in good field position.

QB play and receiver play was good. QB’s made some good decisions to throw away the ball a few times that receivers were covered. I thought the downfield receiver blocking looked good too. Brad had a good run on a broken play from shotgun. But the Jeff-Co offensive line has a lot to work on in the running game. I am not going to point any player out for poor performance or good performance in the line. The coaches are smart enough to figure out where the issues are. The only question is if they will make the needed changes to get the running game moving forward. The running backs ran strong and held onto the ball in traffic, but the o-line has to give time to develop the option play.

I was disappointed in the loss, but Jeff-Co can win a majority of their games and make the playoffs if they are willing to make the changes needed. That is up to the coaching staff.

This week is Bearden for the home opener.

Jeff-Co Players: Get Fired Up!!!

I know the fans will be there cheering for you to do well.

You have 9 regular season games left make the most of each one.

Go Patriots !!!!!!!!!

Barb,Ican assure the no whining was intended,I was mostly commenting on the oversight(or lack thereof) of the officials under the TSSAA. In no way am I implying that a missed/mistaken call led to the downfall of tha Pats last fri.However I respectfully request that you review the tape from the game and you will see the the (JC) qb threw the ball from behind the line .Again ,this is in no way meant to take anything away from the Greeneville team .Further my comments about the weight room were meant to encourage and motivate.Its my hope that we keep a positive attitude about the team.I can tell you that the players and coaches feel bad enough about the loss.In fact.I saw a player the next day who had a less than stellar performance during the game ,he was clearly "beat down"and depressed.In fact felt the need to apologize to Me! I just told him nobody was perfect in any game and that he was still a loved and respected person and player and that afterall I was a PATRIOT and not a .... (hate)triot . GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life

Barb,Ican assure the no whining was intended,I was mostly commenting on the oversight(or lack thereof) of the officials under the TSSAA. In no way am I implying that a missed/mistaken call led to the downfall of tha Pats last fri.However I respectfully request that you review the tape from the game and you will see the the (JC) qb threw the ball from behind the line .Again ,this is in no way meant to take anything away from the Greeneville team .Further my comments about the weight room were meant to encourage and motivate.Its my hope that we keep a positive attitude about the team.I can tell you that the players and coaches feel bad enough about the loss.In fact.I saw a player the next day who had a less than stellar performance during the game ,he was clearly "beat down"and depressed.In fact felt the need to apologize to Me! I just told him nobody was perfect in any game and that he was still a loved and respected person and player and that afterall I was a PATRIOT and not a .... (hate)triot . GO PATRIOTS !!! dvp4life

I see no reason to review tape...it doesn't change anything. You can say you and the entire patriot nation saw it one way and I'll stick with what I and my Devil friends and the officials say we saw and try not to lose too much sleep over what we think really happened. Like you said, TSSAA isn't gonna change things anytime soon. Look how long it took them to hammer out this brilliant Z-plan :roflol:

I see no reason to review tape...it doesn't change anything. You can say you and the entire patriot nation saw it one way and I'll stick with what I and my Devil friends and the officials say we saw and try not to lose too much sleep over what we think really happened. Like you said, TSSAA isn't gonna change things anytime soon. Look how long it took them to hammer out this brilliant Z-plan :roflol:

As for the called illegal forward pass call, the QB was not past the line when the ball was thrown. I was sitting on the 40 yard line of the visitors stands, the line of scrimmage was the 42. The ball was thrown from the 41. His momentum carried him forward past the 42. Flag was thrown late from the other side of the field after the pass was completed. I thought it could have been a backside holding call or ineligible receiver down field if it was anything when I saw the flag late as I was watching the QB scramble.

That is usually what the calls are from that ref position in that type of play.

The film has been reviewed, and as Coach May would say, “The Big Eye Don’t Lie”. It was a bad call.

Additionally, there was a face mask call later in the game that was marked as a 5 yard penalty, when the QB’s head was twisted while being brought down. That should have been 15 yards and a 1st down.

Not whining, just facts.

Neither play decided the final outcome of the game.

Jeff-Co had their chances. Greeneville took advantage of their chances, Jeff-Co did not.

Good Luck to Greeneville for the rest of your season. :roflol:

Now, moving on to more constructive things…. :roflol:

Does anyone know how Bearden matches up vs. Jeff-Co?

We all know about Mr. Young, but what about the rest of the team?

So its gonna be another one of those JC threads....What do they broadcast the game tape and ask everyone's opinion of the officiating? As far as officiating goes, this was way better than the usual East Tn fare. I mean you only found 2 calls objectionable....is usually more than that. Or the "Greeneville home cookin'" cracks.Tell me, how soon do the coaching complaints start? after 2 losses?or 3? I can see bringing up the bad calls when you lose by a possession or even 2. But not by 3 TD's...And it would have been worse had Greeneville not gotten themselves flagged for so many dead ball fouls. It diverts the focus from the fact that this is a team that needs to get better...fast. Good luck against Bearden.

Play safe :roflol: