Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

Friday night was a good night for the Patriots. Lots of kids getting to play, just like the old days. I think the Patriots have turned the corner. We will be on a three game winning streak heading into the Thursday night TV game against West. West will be coming off two very tough games (East and Sevier Co.). I like our chances :thumb:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win for the Patriots. All the focus needs to be on getting better. It is fun for us fans to look ahead to key matchups, but the coaches and players need to be focused on getting better. One game at a time. The Pats biggest enemy this year has been themselves, not their opponents. I really hope players and coaches are only focusing on Cherokee and being the best team that the Patriots can be. There is much to improve on before the Pats beat West. Patriots are definitly improving, but not there yet.

A little information on Cherokee I have come across that may or may not be correct. They have very large defensive tackles. May not be as good as the ones that Bearden had. They run a version of the wing t which is what gave the pats so much trouble against William Blount. I did not see the freshman game last night, but I heard the Cherokee freshman defeated JC 36 to 12 and had an outstanding QB. Cherokee may be tough down the road. Pats need to take care of the football and hopefully things will be set up for next week. What kind of chance are people giving Sevier County against West?

Did they look at the schedule and say..."thats who we want for Homecoming"..?The horsies running by our bench ..the fireworks behind our bench..{is that even legal?} <<>>> 7 ' o' clock on Thursday<<< EVERYONE PLEASE WEAR NAVY BLUE ! we are having a BLUE -OUT for the Televised game !!.. "I 've got a fever and the only cure is MORE COWBELL " .. GO PATRIOTS !! dvp4life

DVP4life sounds like he has had a few too many redbulls :thumb:

It was a great game by the patriots. The line play was very good. There was a struggle at first and the frustration by the coordinators was fascinating (I was standing up top beside them) but once that patriot train got rolling there was no stopping it. Jenkins looked good blocking on the left side along with Massey. The center/QB transfer was smooth all night with Harmon and the right side blocked very well with Stooksberry and Leach. Overall, a great game for the run which had struggled up to this point. Mason looked good on special teams. You could tell that Goins/Denton weren't throwing much that night because when they did, some of their throws were pretty off. But as if that mattered... The patriots ran it up their throats and it gave them something to be proud of heading into the west game. But don't for a second think that MO WEST is going to be a stroll in the park like that game. They are going to be fired up and ready to beat their rivals on TV on Jeff Co's own field.

As for Cherokee- unfortunately their homecoming game got trashed by A.) the Patriots and B.) the weather. The fireworks are in fact illegal while I will admit they were pretty cool along with the lightning which should have stopped the game in the first quarter. And come on, be honest, those horses were pretty cool with the Indian and all. I give them big props :ugeek:

And glad to see EK is alright. He played a good game and is a pretty big part of that D.

I have been a Patriots follower for several years now. I've sat through the highs of the Meadows Era and the lows of the Euverard Era. I've cheered, fussed, wondered and scratched my head through the Anderson Era. I sat through the weather fiasco Friday night and boy am I glad I did! The Patriot team that showed up to play at Cherokee was awesome! This team is growing and maturing right before our eyes! I think adding Mason to the backfield definitely added a whole new dimension to the offense! The one-two punch he and Wright deliver, along with the option threat from Goins makes for hard work on the part of our rivals' defensive coaches. We have a receivers corps that is quick, a phenomenal ground attack, and a defense that will not quit. Sounds like a pretty good combination to me.

Good luck Thursday Patriots. Stay focused and believe. Then we can celebrate the victory over West.

DVP4life sounds like he has had a few too many redbulls :cry:

Nope, it is all that Cowbell Ringing in his ears. :cry::lol::cry:

Great effort by the whole team. Glad to see the younger/less experienced players get some quality time for a second game. That will pay off in the long run.

The Defense has that swagger that I love to see in a successful D. The offence is clicking and running that jumbo package with #44 in motion, Mason and DK is Killer. The O-line has jelled and the D-line/Linebackers are doing a great job. Secondary, other than one long pass play that McFall ran down, they are denying the cheap easy passes and doing an awesome job in run support. Great to see Thomas Cook back on the field too.

One more thing before I move on: I could not figure out why the Chiefs kept running their mouth and drawing unsportsmanlike like conduct penalties. That was dumb.

Thursday is the BIG game on TV. Please wear your Blue and Bring a Cowbell.

The nation is growing and I have been told by several players that they love the support and it drives the other team crazy when we are on D.

Simple etiquette with Cowbells:

1. Ring them loud and proud when we are on D.

2. Do not ring them when a player is injured or the refs are conferencing.

3. Ring them after we have a good play on offence.

The point is to support the kids and distract the other team. Trust me, it works.

Our kids love it and the other team hates us for it.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

More Cowbell is coming!!!! Fear the Cowbell!!! Join the Cowbell Nation.

Glad to see the Patriots with a well played game against Cherokee. One mark of a good team is to play well against an inferior opponent and not play on their level. I think the Pats did that Friday. Offense and defense looked solid for the most part. Jumbo package offers some real possibilities for power and misdirection. Saw the power against Cherokee. May need some misdirection out of it against West. The veer out of the shotgun is starting to gel. QB is making good reads. Receivers need to block a little better on push blocks and crackbacks and running backs will break some long ones. Team has worked hard to be in this position Thursday night. Ignore the West and Seveir County score and bet that West will be ready to play. The only team that has really stopped JC this year is JC. I hope for a good crowd and a well played game. Good Luck Pats.

The rain continues to fall. Field conditions will not be good. At least JC has a good layer of bermuda sod that will hold up for a little while. Do these conditions favor JC or West. Would any viewers care to make a prediction on this one. I really think it could go either way. Probably the team that makes the least number of turnovers. West is hard to read. I would like to know what SC did so well to shut them down to only 3 points.