Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

Monday evening the JC jv traveled to Burke Toney to play the West jv. I was working late and did not get to attend this game. My wife did. She reported that it was a good close game. She has not been to most of the jv games this year,but she was shocked by the behavior of some of the JC fans. Things like yelling at coaches from the stands. Parents talking to their sons while they are on the sideline with the game in progress. Parents of players in the stands being very critical of someone else's son who is playing and on and on. I have been around this game for a long time as a player and coach. Is this where we have gotten to? My son is not playing so I am going to run down the coaches. The JC offense does not suit my son's style so I am going to run down the program. I have not agreed with every decision made by our coaches. Guess what? I don't have to. All of them have worked hard to earn at least 4 year degrees. They spend countless hours for little pay. They want to win. They are at every practice and have a good idea of who can do what. Football is a voluntary sport, and it is just a game. Dads with D-1 dreams just seem to lose perspective sometimes. If I was as unhappy as some of the people in the stands were with coaches and other kids on the team, I think I would have my son quit and find another activity to pursue. There is no sense in these people putting themselves in a situation where they are going to be so upset. Find something more positive to do with your time.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God Bless you, give those people an application if they think they can do better and besides JV is tough to coach because it should be about development, but at the same time you want to win to ignite some positives in the future of the program. I normally don't post on here, in fact I never have but that subject strikes a nerve with me. When those coaches start making the big bucks, then heck yell all you want but when they sacrifice time away from their family for a couple of thousands of dollars from July through October back off, freshen up the resume and fill out an app. You know if a parent has a ligament complaint schedule a private meeting with the coaches and hash it out like a man, don't be a coward and don't lead that way when a parent acts like a coward chances are their kid will act like a coward. If you schedule an appointment though be sure you want to hear the answer. Like I always say if you’re not going to like the answer don't ask the questions it may offend the parent when the coaches’ assessment is different than the parents. Thanks

Monday evening the JC jv traveled to Burke Toney to play the West jv. I was working late and did not get to attend this game. My wife did. She reported that it was a good close game. She has not been to most of the jv games this year,but she was shocked by the behavior of some of the JC fans. Things like yelling at coaches from the stands. Parents talking to their sons while they are on the sideline with the game in progress. Parents of players in the stands being very critical of someone else's son who is playing and on and on. I have been around this game for a long time as a player and coach. Is this where we have gotten to? My son is not playing so I am going to run down the coaches. The JC offense does not suit my son's style so I am going to run down the program. I have not agreed with every decision made by our coaches. Guess what? I don't have to. All of them have worked hard to earn at least 4 year degrees. They spend countless hours for little pay. They want to win. They are at every practice and have a good idea of who can do what. Football is a voluntary sport, and it is just a game. Dads with D-1 dreams just seem to lose perspective sometimes. If I was as unhappy as some of the people in the stands were with coaches and other kids on the team, I think I would have my son quit and find another activity to pursue. There is no sense in these people putting themselves in a situation where they are going to be so upset. Find something more positive to do with your time.
Maury parents :thumb:

Jefferson County Patriots win!!! even when faced with a determined stripped opponent. I haven't been this angry about a win since the Science Hill freshman game 2 years ago!!Good luck to ME the rest of the year .Our fans were/are praying hard for T Howell to be ok .He clearly is the best player in IMAC !Both teams played hard and fair.Btw the ME player that jerked off his pads and helmet on the field should have some sort of punishment. Oh, to the commets about JV and freshman's families behavoir::: I'ts too sad/bad.But did you know that most of them should be playing Varsity and one of them runs a 4.2 40 yard dash....his grandad said so !!! It must be true.Seriously though ,,If you take our varsity starters and play them on JV it would be clearly unfair.The strength ,size and speed is on another level.Please Cheer for the team!! Get a Cowbell !!Join the Cowbell Nation!! Our Kids love the Cowbell sound !! They know E=exactly what it means .We ring it for our players/coaches and to disrupt and anger the other team.Even if it's only marginally effective in disturbing the other team--the rowdy uplifting sound is enough.A cowbell cannot be confused with what was meant or intended by a loud/heated yell.Even when a yell is meant to cheer>> It [could] possibly be confused with a negativity.....!!!! Did you notice that we set up the banner behind our team's bench??THis is a great place to feel like part of the team!! We get alot of thumbs up from the players and that's great!Thanks! GO PATRIOTS !!!! dvp4life "i've got a fever and the only cure is more Cowbell"....NOW on to South Doyle !!......PS sorry to hear about Evan Kirkpatrick's injury ..I hope you heal soon.You and your family are a credit to this team!! :roflol:

A great win!! The officials took over the game, throwing 24 penalties. At least it was 12 on each side :roflol: . Those bafoons need to realize we pay our money to watch the players play, not them march off penalties.

Is there anyway this team can earn a wildcard? To start 0-4 and finish 5-5 (with a win vs. South-Doyle who is 0-9) is good. I want to see more JC football.

Funny thing is when the junior class now you guys have were freshmen... Their parents thought they were just all of it and should be on varsity... Well they are all starting for the most part from an above comment. It was stated that there are only 4 seniors player the rest are juniors. So where all the all mighty juniors that went underfeated as freshman that were suppose to be so good? HUH? They are so suppose to be the best class to ever come through JC in the last 5 years? Where are they at? OH yeah limping along at 4-5 thats where... And this cowbell thing :lol: wow ive never seen such ignorance. Now i could maybe see brigning a cowbell ringing it, by all means yes bring something that makes noise thats not my concern... But CowBell nation? Are you serious? And having a banner for this. And coming from adults too i think it absolutely hilarious and if i were a player on this team i would be embarrassed :lol: This is just anohter example of division in this program and it seems to me that there are more than a few of them. Its called be apart of PATRIOT NATION. There are to many groups within the fans and players and this program will never reach the success it once did EVER. There is no one heartbeat with this team. I bleieve thats the moto for you guys right? Well this team obviously doesnt have that. Nor the fans. 4-5 going into the last game, playing one of the worst teams in the state, south doyle at 0-9 yes JC will win it wont mean anything but their coaches and some fans who like decieving themselves into thinking something has been accomplished this season will think they have accomplished something by finsihing 5-5 probably. Reality check for all of you all. COMBINED RECORD OF OPPONENTS WHO THOSE 5 WINS COME AGAINST: 13-23 :lol: yeah thats impressive right there. There is no traditon, no passion left in this program like it once was. Its sad to see. JC has not made any turn around since Scott Meadows left and i dont believe it will ever come back to the dominance it used to be. They let Scott get out of their hands and he is by far the best coach JC has had compared to the last two. I would have loved to see what he could have done with the talents of this team. Its honestly sad to see. Goodluck against south doyle as if it even you even need it playing a team at 0-9 and goodluck to the seniors who are playing their last game, especially the ones who have been there for 4 years and stuck it out even through the controversey with Euvarard. It is always a sad night for seniors of any team knowing they are playing there last game

The win over East was a quality win over a good opponent. I was really worried about the speed of the

East team, but after the first quarter the defense played much better. Our QB made good reads, backs ran hard, and line blocked well. We need to tackle better, but T. Howell can make you a bad tackler. I was reading on here somewhere that there will be losing teams in the 6A playoffs. How are wild cards decided? Who would have to win or lose for JC to get a wildcard? Does anyone know for sure if JC has a chance to get a wildcard.

Funny thing is when the junior class now you guys have were freshmen... Their parents thought they were just all of it and should be on varsity... Well they are all starting for the most part from an above comment. It was stated that there are only 4 seniors player the rest are juniors. So where all the all mighty juniors that went underfeated as freshman that were suppose to be so good? HUH? They are so suppose to be the best class to ever come through JC in the last 5 years? Where are they at? OH yeah limping along at 4-5 thats where... And this cowbell thing :lol: wow ive never seen such ignorance. Now i could maybe see brigning a cowbell ringing it, by all means yes bring something that makes noise thats not my concern... But CowBell nation? Are you serious? And having a banner for this. And coming from adults too i think it absolutely hilarious and if i were a player on this team i would be embarrassed :lol: This is just anohter example of division in this program and it seems to me that there are more than a few of them. Its called be apart of PATRIOT NATION. There are to many groups within the fans and players and this program will never reach the success it once did EVER. There is no one heartbeat with this team. I bleieve thats the moto for you guys right? Well this team obviously doesnt have that. Nor the fans. 4-5 going into the last game, playing one of the worst teams in the state, south doyle at 0-9 yes JC will win it wont mean anything but their coaches and some fans who like decieving themselves into thinking something has been accomplished this season will think they have accomplished something by finsihing 5-5 probably. Reality check for all of you all. COMBINED RECORD OF OPPONENTS WHO THOSE 5 WINS COME AGAINST: 13-23 :lol: yeah thats impressive right there. There is no traditon, no passion left in this program like it once was. Its sad to see. JC has not made any turn around since Scott Meadows left and i dont believe it will ever come back to the dominance it used to be. They let Scott get out of their hands and he is by far the best coach JC has had compared to the last two. I would have loved to see what he could have done with the talents of this team. Its honestly sad to see. Goodluck against south doyle as if it even you even need it playing a team at 0-9 and goodluck to the seniors who are playing their last game, especially the ones who have been there for 4 years and stuck it out even through the controversey with Euvarard. It is always a sad night for seniors of any team knowing they are playing there last game

Wow. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed , did you? So much negativity......You are totally whacked out crazy about Scott Meadows cause everyone knows that he has as much loyalty to a program as Saban! And to diss this JCHS team is pure mean and unfair. They have worked hard all year and fought their hearts out. Coming back from 0-4 is amazing and they gave the two top teams in the conference a fight! Why don't you go hang out with Meadows...He will kick you to the side soon!

I have to say after T. Howell ran that 82 yarder on the first play from scrimmage Friday night I was afraid it was going to be a long night. We should all be very proud of how this group of young men stood strong and held on to win the ballgame. The defense played outstanding!!!! My only concern was that our coaches may have tried to get a little cute on those 4th down plays where we went for it instead of going for the sure thing with Schuchart kicking the field goal. I mean think aboout it. We could have had a 6 point lead before that last TD was ever scored. I understand 4th and inches at the goal line if you are 100% confident that our O-Line is going to open up the hole for the back to score. And while the O-line played well, there have been some instances (against West for example) where the O-line struggled at times. Maybe I'm too cautious, but I'd think it would be better to go for the 'sure thing'. Regardless, it all worked out in the end and Jeff Co had an awesome win!

Hats off to Damien Harmon for the killer play against "The Goose". I'll bet this week that young man straps his shoulder pads down. I have to say that's the first time in all the years I've watched football that I've seen a player tackle another and remove his pads, jersey and helmet in the move! :lol:

On to another topic, the powers that be at Morristown need to get over the 'no parents on the field after the game' thing. I heard the police officer tell some of the parents that East didn't want them on the field because they were afraid they'd mess it up. :lol: My heavens. They'd just played 4 quarters of football, in the RAIN, but they were afraid a few parents in tennis shoes would damage the field. If I'm not mistaken, Morristown-Hamblen has 4 middle schools that play on that field in addition to the two high schools' varsity and JV teams. I don't think allowing parents on the field could hurt anything. Besides, I seem to recall their student section was standing on the field prior to the game. Oh well. Just one more reason to dislike Morristown I guess.

Again, great job Patriots on the win Friday night! Regardless of what some of the naysayers post on here, (EastTennessee) I for one am proud of you and the progress you've made this season.

GO PATRIOTS!

Funny thing is when the junior class now you guys have were freshmen... Their parents thought they were just all of it and should be on varsity... Well they are all starting for the most part from an above comment. It was stated that there are only 4 seniors player the rest are juniors. So where all the all mighty juniors that went underfeated as freshman that were suppose to be so good? HUH? They are so suppose to be the best class to ever come through JC in the last 5 years? Where are they at? OH yeah limping along at 4-5 thats where... And this cowbell thing :roflol: wow ive never seen such ignorance. Now i could maybe see brigning a cowbell ringing it, by all means yes bring something that makes noise thats not my concern... But CowBell nation? Are you serious? And having a banner for this. And coming from adults too i think it absolutely hilarious and if i were a player on this team i would be embarrassed :roflol: This is just anohter example of division in this program and it seems to me that there are more than a few of them. Its called be apart of PATRIOT NATION. There are to many groups within the fans and players and this program will never reach the success it once did EVER. There is no one heartbeat with this team. I bleieve thats the moto for you guys right? Well this team obviously doesnt have that. Nor the fans. 4-5 going into the last game, playing one of the worst teams in the state, south doyle at 0-9 yes JC will win it wont mean anything but their coaches and some fans who like decieving themselves into thinking something has been accomplished this season will think they have accomplished something by finsihing 5-5 probably. Reality check for all of you all. COMBINED RECORD OF OPPONENTS WHO THOSE 5 WINS COME AGAINST: 13-23 :wacko: yeah thats impressive right there. There is no traditon, no passion left in this program like it once was. Its sad to see. JC has not made any turn around since Scott Meadows left and i dont believe it will ever come back to the dominance it used to be. They let Scott get out of their hands and he is by far the best coach JC has had compared to the last two. I would have loved to see what he could have done with the talents of this team. Its honestly sad to see. Goodluck against south doyle as if it even you even need it playing a team at 0-9 and goodluck to the seniors who are playing their last game, especially the ones who have been there for 4 years and stuck it out even through the controversey with Euvarard. It is always a sad night for seniors of any team knowing they are playing there last game

Wow. Woke up on the wrong side of the bed , did you? So much negativity......You are totally whacked out crazy about Scott Meadows cause everyone knows that he has as much loyalty to a program as Saban! And to diss this JCHS team is pure mean and unfair. They have worked hard all year and fought their hearts out. Coming back from 0-4 is amazing and they gave the two top teams in the conference a fight! Why don't you go hang out with Meadows...He will kick you to the side soon!

Not quite. I wake up and touch with reality unlike you and some others. Wow coming back from 0-4 is amazing? Come on lets be real please.You came back from 0-4 by beating teams that are simply sub par.East is the only real win of your guys season. In all due respect i cant stand the fact that some people like to just act as if everything is good and dandy. Well wake up and see reality. This has not been a successfull season and neither was last season. Another note...This district with sevier, west, east, jc, seymour, cherokee, cocke, and south doyle happened to be one of the easier districts throughout the state of tennessee.