Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

It's as simple as this. This is from someone as un-biased as they come. I have gone to two out of 3 games this season and I'm related to a starter who keeps me updated. I have seen a lot of the good, the bad, and the ugly. It comes down to 4 things.

Ball security. 6 or 7 turnovers nearly each game. 85% of the time you will not win when you turn the ball over that many times.

Preventing the Big play. Devrin Young 54 yard TD run, Sevier Co.'s 2 or 3 long scoring runs/passes (failed coverage counted). Those have to be prevented. That's the only bone I have to pick with the defense. (I was especially impressed with Evan Kirkpatrick last game-just a little side note)

Consistency. One drive the O marches right down the field and the next drive they cant compete with the defense and then somehow they get it back again. So inconsistent! If they can consistently move the ball and have the offense in sync, then more 1st downs, more yards, and more scores.

Fan support is bad. They are bipolar (if you will) One great thing happens and they go crazy and are super supportive of their patriots, but let me tell you- when anything goes wrong, boy they will let you know it. They yell at the players and the coaches and they pick out individual players to yell out. (Ex. Brad Mason in the blown coverage- "You owe your team 6 points Brad!!!" just RIDICULOUS.

This team is these 4 things away from going 7-3 opposed to who knows what? 5-5 or worse.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problems at JCHS start at the top.

Then is the issue the Athletic Director. Yes??????? No???????

Indeed, good sir. Good guy, poor AD.

We have 5 or 6 players who MAY become D1 level players at some point.

Simply not true. There is a lot of good talent on that team- don't get me wrong- but to say that there are "5 or 6" potential division 1 players on this team is simply inaccurate. Several guys have the opportunity to play at the collegiate level, none of them D1.

As far as the issue I touched on earlier regarding telling people what they want to hear goes, I can only speak as to what my few contacts close to the program tell me. I can say that in more than one instance this has been brought to my attention. So, while it may not be apparent to everyone (I'm not saying the coach goes around lying to everyone he comes in contact with), it certainly is an issue and doesn't go unnoticed in within the walls of that locker room. Take it for what it's worth. :thumb:

It's as simple as this. It comes down to 4 things.

Ball security. Preventing the Big play. Consistency. Fan support is bad.

Irish423,

No truer words have ever been spoken. Bravo!!

Hold onto the ball, wrap up and do not arm tackle, concentrate and be consistent, fans need to CHEER, NOT JEER.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

More Cowbell is coming!!!! Fear the Cowbell!!! Join the Cowbell nation.

just don't charge the end zone and fire the other team up (or so i heard)

Being that was the first TD they had scored this season, I do not blame the team.

And we recovered the points on the safety later in the game. (Final was 32 to 21)

Trust me, that penality did not cost us the game. (it may have "hacked off" the refs??????)

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Good Lord. That sounds like something Cocke Co. would do. You're kidding right???

Give Denton a shot. The kid deserves it!!!

No, I am not kidding. That was the first TD they had scored this season.

As I understand, Denton starts as a receiver now. He has 1 reception for 21 yards.

The times he has been in as a QB, he has thrown the ball 4 times for 0 completions and 0 yards. Additionally, he has 0 yards rushing. I believe, based on the stats from prep-extra.com, Goins, is a better QB. Please do not get me wrong, Denton is a good player and good young man. But I know what I saw at the Farragut Scrimmage and I know from what I saw at the Bearden Game when Goins was out a few plays due to injury, the offensive production did not increase with Denton at QB. The last thing this team needs is a QB controversy. Please see my prior post for what I think about your/(my) family member/loved one not playing. I shall not go into that again.

We all need to get behind this team. Cheer for them when they do well. ENCOURAGE them when they mess up. Tomorrow we play the Govs on the road. Tomorrow, if you do not want to support this team and this coaching staff, stay home and do not waste your time, fuel or money driving to the game.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Good Lord. That sounds like something Cocke Co. would do. You're kidding right???

Ya i wasnt at the game til the second half but on my way there i was listening to the game on the radio and I heard that the team did do that....It embarrassed me personally because that showed a lack of self control but im sure the coaches took care of that

Go patriots!!!! Get after them Governors!!!!!

JeffCoStrength09

Ya i wasnt at the game til the second half but on my way there i was listening to the game on the radio and I heard that the team did do that....It embarrassed me personally because that showed a lack of self control but im sure the coaches took care of that

Go patriots!!!! Get after them Governors!!!!!

JeffCoStrength09

Actually, my understanding is that one of the coaches coordinated the action. To be clear, it was not Coach Anderson. He knew nothing about it until it happened and then I understand he addressed it and that it will not happen again.

GO PATRIOTS!!!