Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

Good Lord. That sounds like something Cocke Co. would do. You're kidding right???

Give Denton a shot. The kid deserves it!!!

We all need to get behind this team. Cheer for them when they do well. ENCOURAGE them when they mess up. Tomorrow we play the Govs on the road. [/i]Tomorrow, if you do not want to support this team and this coaching staff, stay home and do not waste your time, fuel or money driving to the game. GO PATRIOTS!!![/i][/b]

How long have you been a part of football at Jefferson County? There are people in those stands who have been there since the school was built in the 70's supporting that team which is way longer than you have supported them obviously considering you graduated in 88 from where ever ohs is. You have no right to get on here and tell fans and long time supporters not to come because they get upset on friday nights when they are losing. Seriously, do you expect fans to be happy or something when they lose? Jefferson County feeds off football and the people EXPECT to win.The tradition of ole Jeff County football is about gone. People who moved in from the outside just dont understand the tradition and legacy. Everybody used to know about Jeff Co. People used to fear playing Jefferson County. Jefferson County was all over the news all the time during football season. People in Knoxville still ask what is wrong with you guys? You used to be a powerhouse. Jeff still has talent thats a given but i dont care if your the Florida Gators your not going to win with 5-6 turnovers a game. Ive seen this team play 1 game. Good? Potentially. But they will go no where without holding on to the football. Best of luck to you guys i hope you all turn it around and finish the season on a hot streak.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How long have you been a part of football at Jefferson County? There are people in those stands who have been there since the school was built in the 70's supporting that team which is way longer than you have supported them obviously considering you graduated in 88 from where ever ohs is. You have no right to get on here and tell fans and long time supporters not to come because they get upset on friday nights when they are losing. Seriously, do you expect fans to be happy or something when they lose? Jefferson County feeds off football and the people EXPECT to win.The tradition of ole Jeff County football is about gone. People who moved in from the outside just dont understand the tradition and legacy. Everybody used to know about Jeff Co. People used to fear playing Jefferson County. Jefferson County was all over the news all the time during football season. People in Knoxville still ask what is wrong with you guys? You used to be a powerhouse. Jeff still has talent thats a given but i dont care if your the Florida Gators your not going to win with 5-6 turnovers a game. Ive seen this team play 1 game. Good? Potentially. But they will go no where without holding on to the football. Best of luck to you guys i hope you all turn it around and finish the season on a hot streak.

To politely answer your questions:

I have been following Jefferson County Football since 1985-86. 20+years

I have lived in and paid taxes in Jefferson County since 1994. Those taxes help pay the salaries of the teachers, school administrators, facilities, ect.. in Jefferson County. So I am very sure I have a vested interest in this county, its schools and this football team..

I am also graduate of the University of Tennessee and I played Football at a little high school called Oneida High School (ohs). It’s a small single-A football team that finished last years regular football season UNDEFEATED and lost in the playoff simi-finals to the State Champions Trousdale County. Oneida has run the option in football probably longer than you or I have been alive and they have this little habit call winning district titles and advancing in the payoffs beyond the 1st round. They’ve been doing it for years and I only hope and pray that Jeff-Co gets it turned around and is winning District Titles and get back to the playoffs soon.

I have every right to express an intelligent thought against cussing, YES I said CUSSING (VULGAR Language, you know?), at teenage kids and coaches who give more time, energy and money to this team than the people who scream, cuss and complain if their kid does not play or that the play calling is not what play they would call.

I have no problem with people “getting upset”, I do have a problem with them cussing the teenage players of "their" team that they have supported for so long..

The kids do not want to lose anymore than we want them to. THEY WANT TO WIN!!!!

I hate losing more than I like winning…. I would rather crawl across broken glass than lose. But getting on the boards and ranting and degrading about individual players by name is not productive. The players read the boards just like we do.

Do they need to hang onto the ball, YES. They know that. They are not stupid.

Fumbles and interceptions are not designed into the playbook.

As far as talent goes, there are a lot of talented, big kids walking the halls of that school that do not play because they get burned out in middle school or believe they will not get a fair shot because their family is not “from here” or is not a “well known” family.

You seam to imply in your comment that I have no right, simply because I am not from here or lived here all my life. I have plenty of rights to express my opinion tied up in the many hours of volunteering my time, many dollars spent on training and traveling in support of this team and its players.

I believe in and support this team. WIN OR LOSE

IF the fans and students would get behind the team and believe in them, they can win, they can come back home and celebrate a victory over the Govs and get back on the winning track.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

More Cowbell is coming!!!! Fear the Cowbell!!! Join the Cowbell nation.

The Patriot football team has improved with each game. On the downside they have played 3 pretty good football teams. Therefore, they are 0-3. I really thought we could defeat Sevier County and we would have minus the turnovers. This team has shown more effort and heart than last years team. Last year, they would get behind and start hanging their heads. Something has changed in this area. Perhaps it is the addition of Coach Dykes. I would say a lot of fans have never looked at his resume. Coach Anderson should get credit for a great hire. The defense broke down a couple of times last week, but overall they have played well. The best thing to do and the only thing to do is for coaches and players to keep working hard and minimize mistakes. William Blount will be tough defensively. We will probably see a 5 man front. We will have to keep improving our blocking to run the ball. Seems when we throw on unexpected downs we have been more successful passing the ball. Best of luck to the Patriots

For the ones that has been crying about the coaches. I have some questions for you. How many of you have coached a high school team? In fact how many of you have coached any team? How many of you been at practice to see what kids is doing better? How many of you take hours and hours away from your family for someone elses kid or kids? So with that been said get behide your coaches, and quit your crying over everything. You ever though all your complaining don't help the kids, because you make them belive the coaches are wrong and they quit listening to the coaches.

I agree with heavy c. The schemes this year have been good. There was better blocking and better reads made by the qb against SC. Coach Anderson and Coach Dykes know and understand football. The problem has been with blown assignments on defense and turnovers on offense. Too many fans get their knowledge of football by watching NFL Live on Sundays. As a former player and coach I know the sacrifices that these men and players make. We just have to get better at executing our plans. Bearden out manned us. Not much you can do there but stay in the weight room and hope for better next year. We were as physical or more so against SC. Keep working and better results will be seen.

On a positive note, both the Freshmen and JV won on the road at William Blount last night. I do not know the Freshmen score, but the JV won in OT 9 to 6.

We had a great Goal Line stand with under 30 seconds left in the game. WB played hard all 4 downs and got 0, nothing, they had negative yards from inside the 5. It was awesome!!!! Our D did a GREAT JOB!

Way to go JV and Freshmen players!!!! :hungry:

Now go push those starters this week and get ready for the Eagles.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

On a positive note, both the Freshmen and JV won on the road at William Blount last night. I do not know the Freshmen score, but the JV won in OT 9 to 6.

We had a great Goal Line stand with under 30 seconds left in the game. WB played hard all 4 downs and got 0, nothing, they had negative yards from inside the 5. It was awesome!!!! Our D did a GREAT JOB!

Way to go JV and Freshmen players!!!! :popcorneater:

Now go push those starters this week and get ready for the Eagles.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Does the JV or Freshmen have any size on the team?

There is some size on the freshman team. Hopefully, some of these boys will have time to gain some inches and pounds (muscle). Probably a couple of years before they can contribute. I might add that the jv team won without their regular qb last night. Does anyone know why every jv and freshman game is away?

Next weeks games are to be at home, so the schedule says. But that is what it said about the Bearden game too. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Folks,

It is Home Coming Week! Any thoughts from anyone on game week prep with school being out Monday and Tuesday as well as coming off an off week.

PS: Cooke Co has won their first game in 23 tries vs the Union Co Patriots.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Jefferson County is hopefully using the open date to get everyone well. Pats gain nothing by beating Cocke County into the ground. This game is an opportunity to work on the passing game which we will need against East and West. Successfully running the ball is always important, but pats need to further develop the passing game to make a big run these last 5 games. West is very physical and East will score plenty of points. I was very glad to see Cocke County win. Good luck pats.

Jefferson County is hopefully using the open date to get everyone well. Pats gain nothing by beating Cocke County into the ground. This game is an opportunity to work on the passing game which we will need against East and West. Successfully running the ball is always important, but pats need to further develop the passing game to make a big run these last 5 games. West is very physical and East will score plenty of points. I was very glad to see Cocke County win. Good luck pats.
....... Great win Patriots !! Great execution on both sides of the ball..Thanks staff/players for giving us a exciting game. Hats off to Cocke county<" keeper of the banner"... of the "COWBELL NATION " LOL......BRING a COWBELL and join us loud and rowdy supporters !!!!