Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

The rain continues to fall. Field conditions will not be good. At least JC has a good layer of bermuda sod that will hold up for a little while. Do these conditions favor JC or West. Would any viewers care to make a prediction on this one. I really think it could go either way. Probably the team that makes the least number of turnovers. West is hard to read. I would like to know what SC did so well to shut them down to only 3 points.

I think the rain favors West because we all know the history of Jeff ball handle skills in dry weather. I do think if Jeff holds on to ball they win going away. I Saw Jeff play their 1st game they didn't look like a team. I saw them play last week and it was like night and day they are starting to belive in each other. They really looked good so I think West is in for a dog fight.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well once again for the sixth straight year I get to say " Wait till next year" !!!!!!!!!!!

The offensive line was whipped time and time again at tonights game and the patriots could not get anything going. We gave up one big in the first quarter and could never recover. Defense played well

after that. What else can you say!

This team has improved all year, but they just cannot handle a physical defensive front. West played in our backfield almost as much as our backs did. After taking the lead, West seemed content on not turning the ball over and making the Patriots go the long route on a field that was under water. Don't know what TV looked like, but in person the field was coming up in chuncks. Keep on working Pats, 5-5 is still in reach!!

Absolutely an awful night for football. What happened to the crowd? Very disappointing for a "rivalry" game. Both defenses played well conditions certainly helping. Why is Jeff. Co. trying to run the veer with the QB 2 yards deep in the gun? Can someone explain the logic in this? It just is plain stupid. One last point to OHSgrad, get your cow bells ready ... for basketball season :blush:

The wet field hurt JC much more than it did West. The veer requires backs and qb to make quick starts. The I back for West could take his time, get his footing and then explode. Give credit to the defense and special teams which managed good field position for most of the game. It is true that the Pats O-line got beat. The Pats started the second half with a couple of positive plays on offense. I thought adjustments had been made, but then they had the fumble. Never regained the momentum. Defense made some huge stops on 3rd down in 2nd half, but JC could never capitalize. JC is a much improved football team, but just could not get it done against a solid West defense. It was one of those games that whoever scored first had a real good chance to win.

I did not say the wet field helped anyone. I said the wet field hurt JC more than it did West due to the two different types of running games. Your defensive line dominated the JC line. Great win for West. No need to harrass OHS grad.

Thanks counteroption! You are a class act. :wacko:

Well folks, not to state the obvious, but that was a tough loss.

After watching the game a couple of times via the DVR, I have concluded we need to get much stronger in the off season AND we are not working out enough during the season.. SEVERAL times our offensive linemen were being tossed around like rag dolls. I know our conditioning is there as far as cardio goes, but when you are a “power” veer running team, your O-line has to be stronger than it is now.

IMHO, we need to hire a strength coach who has a nutritionist background to give good direction to the team.

The D and Special teams were VERY good. EKirkpatrick did an MVP job on both. Great to see all of the players flying to the ball and wrapping up. Having Thomas Cook and Eric Kane at linebacker is fun to watch. Brad Mason is a Beast. The block he threw to spring McFall after Mo-West scored the TD was a thing of beauty. I think McFall would have had a bigger gain on the kickoff return, but it looked like he lost his footing when he neared the 30. I give two thumbs way up for the rotation of the D-line. They never looked gassed. Considering the final score was the same as the score with 5 minutes left in the 1st half, D and Special teams rocked. :wacko::thumb:

As far as playing conditions go, rain is rain and mud is mud. Both teams are running teams and it is VERY hard to cut or even push off for any speed in the open field when you are running in near liquefied sand.

The TD Mo-West scored was a well executed play. One of our linebackers went too deep inside and #7 ran toward daylight and 62 yards later the score was 7-3. Great play by a good player. More than likely it will rain next Friday too, so wet ball drill this week is a must.

Mo-East won tonight and will be looking to make us 0 for Mo-town next Friday.

The team has to put this game in the past and focus on ball security and beating Mo-East.

Keep your heads up Patriots. Never quit, Never surrender! :excl:

GO PATRIOTS!!!

More Cowbell is coming!!!! Fear the Cowbell!!! Join the Cowbell nation.

PS to TommyTrojan: I do not generally go to b-ball games. I yell WAY too much at the officials and I believe that T$$AA rules do not allow noise making devices for indoor events.

Oh yes, BTW to those of you who hate me because I am not “from here”, my Oneida High School Indians are well on their way to ANOTHER District title and hosting a playoff game or two. They smacked the taste out of Coalfield tonight and should have a tough game vs. a much improved Sunbright team next week and then at Jellico before the November schedule begins. Nothing is guaranteed but, I despise Coalfield and wanted to give my Orange and White boys some props. :roflol:

AGAIN: GO PATRIOTS!!!

I did not say the wet field helped anyone. I said the wet field hurt JC more than it did West due to the two different types of running games. Your defensive line dominated the JC line. Great win for West. No need to harrass OHS grad.

Thanks counteroption! You are a class act. :lol:

Well folks, not to state the obvious, but that was a tough loss.

After watching the game a couple of times via the DVR, I have concluded we need to get much stronger in the off season AND we are not working out enough during the season.. SEVERAL times our offensive linemen were being tossed around like rag dolls. I know our conditioning is there as far as cardio goes, but when you are a “power” veer running team, your O-line has to be stronger than it is now.

IMHO, we need to hire a strength coach who has a nutritionist background to give good direction to the team.

The D and Special teams were VERY good. EKirkpatrick did an MVP job on both. Great to see all of the players flying to the ball and wrapping up. Having Thomas Cook and Eric Kane at linebacker is fun to watch. Brad Mason is a Beast. The block he threw to spring McFall after Mo-West scored the TD was a thing of beauty. I think McFall would have had a bigger gain on the kickoff return, but it looked like he lost his footing when he neared the 30. I give two thumbs way up for the rotation of the D-line. They never looked gassed. Considering the final score was the same as the score with 5 minutes left in the 1st half, D and Special teams rocked. :lol::)

As far a playing conditions go, rain is rain and mud is mud. Both teams are running teams and it is VERY hard to cut or even push off for any speed in the open field when you are running in near liquefied sand.

The TD Mo-West scored was a well executed play. One of our linebackers went too deep inside and #7 ran toward daylight and 62 yards later the score was 7-3. Great play by a good player. More than likely it will rain next Friday too, so wet ball drill this week is a must.

Mo-East won tonight and will be looking to make us 0 for Mo-town next Friday.

The team has to put this game in the past and focus on ball security and beating Mo-East.

Keep your heads up Patriots. Never quit, Never surrender! :lol:

GO PATRIOTS!!!

PS to TommyTrojan: I do not generally go to b-ball games. I yell WAY too much at the officials and I believe that T$$AA rules do not allow noise making devices for indoor events.

Oh yes, BTW to those of you who hate me because I am not “from here”, my Oneida High School Indians are well on their way to ANOTHER District title and hosting a playoff game or two. They smacked the taste out of Coalfield tonight and should have a tough game vs. a much improved Sunbright team next week and then at Jellico before the November schedule begins. Nothing is guaranteed but, I despise Coalfield and wanted to give my Orange and White boys some props. :roflol:

AGAIN: GO PATRIOTS!!!

Right on assessment of the game! I'm really on board with the strength/nutritional expert suggestion!! It seems to me that a massive defensive 3 man front -gives our boys all they can handle.In all fairness to JCHS we are very young.Last year we started 12 senoirs and outa those we sent 8 to spring practices at colleges around the state.This year we start a little more than 4 and only 1 or 2 of those has a shot at college ball.Again last year- we won 3 games.This year we have 2 more games to beat that record.Again in all fairness MW won the game.no one stole it.The refs didnt alter the outcome and the "terrible t's",or the field conditions were not a factor.A senoir MW player was given player of the game for his 1(one) Great offensive play,but hey that was one more than us.As far as the Veer goes -it is a good offense ! Maryville runs it on occaision!..Conditioning and strength have had the most to do with our losses.Coaches cannot be held completely responsible for how much a player trains.TSSAA has rules that the staff are going to follow.It's just a cold hard fact that just because someone is good enough to take and keep a starting position at JC does not mean that they are the best at their position in the State/region or IMAC.This should(by now) be obvious to anyone out there in the trenches..Men we must put together an off- season effort like no other.I know it's hard as there are many distractions.I too have heard the cursing and negative talk in the stands and on the field after game.But you have got to consider the source and put it all in perspective.You have got to realize that these fans(families?) did actually see (but not play in)most of those games in that Championship season so long ago.I guess that kinda makes them ENTITLED to hurl their filth at the JCHS PATRIOTS. I mean afterall their dreams/sports aspirations/education/finances/health are all shot- So why not project their failures onto their favorite team.Certainly it's alot cheaper than going to knoxville and hate on the VOLS! ...6 bucks and just a few miles away ! What a Deal! Please quote me !! " Just because your grandaddy had a pig farm and grew a little bacca where the lake is now- does NOT make you JC Royalty"...Players, your future is wide open ! you can accomplish anything!!!Again I say MORE COWBELL ! You players and coaches need to know that when you hear the cowbell thats just us trying to be part of the team! We cannot go on the field and "high five" you guys after a good play,and we cannot try to uplift you when things are not going well.But we can and will RING that Cowbell for you and we will ring it against THEM. You gotta know that as a fulltime member of the COWBELL NATION that the ringing is 100% supportive!...I will try to ease up on the REDBULL ! LOL ! and I will see you at the game and you will hear me. GO PATRIOTS ! ! ! dvp4life " i've got a fever and the only cure is more cowbell"

Time to put the West game behind us. The playoffs are more than likely not a possibility, but I think the Pats have plenty to play for. Not going o--2 against Morristown. building for next year. Achieving a five hundred record which is better than a losing season. Morristown East is next, and I think this could be a very tough game for JC. Must find a way to stop T. Howell. I am sure they still line him up in about 3 different positions. I know East dominated us last year with their speed on the corners. Hopefully, the defense will come up big again, and we can control the ball on offense and keep T off the field. Thoughts?

Time to put the West game behind us. The playoffs are more than likely not a possibility, but I think the Pats have plenty to play for. Not going o--2 against Morristown. building for next year. Achieving a five hundred record which is better than a losing season. Morristown East is next, and I think this could be a very tough game for JC. Must find a way to stop T. Howell. I am sure they still line him up in about 3 different positions. I know East dominated us last year with their speed on the corners. Hopefully, the defense will come up big again, and we can control the ball on offense and keep T off the field. Thoughts?

Our D will have to gang tackle and swarm to the ball, but not over pursue to allow cutback lanes. We are quicker on D this year, but we need to force more turnovers, especially in this game. We need to play lights out D and East has a fast field that makes T even faster, so we must take the correct angles when going at him.

We need sustained drives and score TD’s early so, the O-line needs to play above their heads and stay with their blocks. A few quick slants or a tight-end pop pass could loosen the East D up and allow for some running room. The weatherman says that it is to rain on Friday, AGAIN, so ball security should be a FOCUS this week during the good weather. I think we can win, if we hold onto the ball and stay focused.

I will be there with my Cowbells supporting the team, bring your bell and join in the fun.

GO PATRIOTS!!!