Oak Ridge!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey LOD all that hog fat won't do nothing but stop up them pipes, but what a way to go.

Now I have just been watching but it's time to move on with this Mike Mullins treating Stevens one way and Blade another. If something is going on that ain't right you can be sure one of our competitors with be sure to let the T$$AA know all about it. Frankly I don't think Mike Mullins would show any difference.If you get caught cheating it's never good. But what do I know? Rallykat if you have a problem with something, bring proof and we can tell on ourselves.

I'm not going to get into the Mullins discussion, I will just tell you exactly what I've seen of these workouts. They stretch as a team, they do agilities, then they break off into about 4 groups and do conditioning work at stations, rotating every 10/12 min. until each group has worked out at each station. The stations are like footwork drills, flexibility, core work, etc. Then they do some team defense work, lining up the defense and working on adjustments to different fronts (it's a 4-3 but they Safety often comes down into the box and acts as another LB). Then they go into the weightroom and hit that hard. When they're done with that, the receivers and QBs go into the gym and work on routes and the linemen do something else (I've only stayed and watched the QBs/WRs). Everything is very crisp and very intense, there is no slacking and mistakes are not accepted. Blade is very personable with the kids and coaches, he talks and jokes with them, but they better be getting their work done or he will let them hear it. I absolutely love what he's doing. His offense is VERY simple and requires execution and intensity above all else.

I don't know the rules or if this violates the rules but there's no doubt in my mind this team will be very well prepared for the coming season.

I love what you just described. If there are any violations going on, the rule is ridiculous. MM should enforce them the same as he did before, however. My information comes from two coaches on the staff, and they think that Blade is just what we need, but they said that MM didn't allow the QB/WR work before, that he is allowing now. That's my only point.

Hey LOD all that hog fat won't do nothing but stop up them pipes, but what a way to go.

Now I have just been watching but it's time to move on with this Mike Mullins treating Stevens one way and Blade another. If something is going on that ain't right you can be sure one of our competitors with be sure to let the T$$AA know all about it. Frankly I don't think Mike Mullins would show any difference.If you get caught cheating it's never good. But what do I know? Rallykat if you have a problem with something, bring proof and we can tell on ourselves.

I can't imagine that there would be much of a penalty for this anyway, since it apparently goes on most places. My point has been made. If YOU want to know more, talk to the coaches. I don't need to prove it to anyone.

I love what you just described. If there are any violations going on, the rule is ridiculous. MM should enforce them the same as he did before, however. My information comes from two coaches on the staff, and they think that Blade is just what we need, but they said that MM didn't allow the QB/WR work before, that he is allowing now. That's my only point.

I would look around for another source...especially since they are hold outs from the previous staff. They are looking for anything they can to take the focus off themselves. It is human nature.

Great report VR, I hope you can keep us updated with reports like this. it sounds like Blade is doing what he can with what he has. I am ready for 5-4-09.

Coach Blade has most of his staff in place with himself calling most offensive and defensive plays. Here is what I know so far:

Saunders - Special Teams/Receivers

Coach Younger- Off. and Def. Lines

Jackson- LB's

Spratling- Secondary

Coach Russell- QB's

Coaches Younger and Russell have returned to the Oak Ridge Program, Younger came back to be closer to family (left Henry Co. & Gaddis), and Coach Russell came back to work with QB's since leaving coaching in 2003.

Zack (Zulliger) seems healed, he has been working hard with coach Blade. The biggest thing they're working on his footwork, in the running and passing game. His passes look VERY sharp though. Zack Witherspoon has also been working very hard and I expect him to be the starter at RB. There are a lot of receivers and I couldn't tell which one Blade likes the best but I expect Tyrus Henderson to be a big part of the offense. Blade really likes James Normand as the Strong Tackle, so it's a very safe bet that's where we'll see him. Chris Harder has been working at RB, and even though Blade doesn't utilize a FB, I think he's going to find ways to get this guy on the field as a lead blocker. Johnny Van has looked pretty sharp with his routes and catching so I think he'll get playing time.

Defensively, Harder will obviously be in the middle and Zack Hughes looks like he'll be at strong OLB. David Wright was working at FS and Bradley Zulliger as SS. That's all I can remember.

Starters obviously aren't set in strone right now, it's only April but I expect the guys I named to be starters come fall, if not significant role players.

Zack (Zulliger) seems healed, he has been working hard with coach Blade. The biggest thing they're working on his footwork, in the running and passing game. His passes look VERY sharp though. Zack Witherspoon has also been working very hard and I expect him to be the starter at RB. There are a lot of receivers and I couldn't tell which one Blade likes the best but I expect Tyrus Henderson to be a big part of the offense. Blade really likes James Normand as the Strong Tackle, so it's a very safe bet that's where we'll see him. Chris Harder has been working at RB, and even though Blade doesn't utilize a FB, I think he's going to find ways to get this guy on the field as a lead blocker. Johnny Van has looked pretty sharp with his routes and catching so I think he'll get playing time.

Defensively, Harder will obviously be in the middle and Zack Hughes looks like he'll be at strong OLB. David Wright was working at FS and Bradley Zulliger as SS. That's all I can remember.

Starters obviously aren't set in strone right now, it's only April but I expect the guys I named to be starters come fall, if not significant role players.

How can these kids look or bad running routs and throwing with the coach? TSSAA calendar says that (outside of a schools official spring practice) there is to be no practice held until after the summer dead period. Just lifting and conditioning. Practice is defined as a coach present and instructing during the session in question. If this is going on, then the AD should look into it.

On Hardin Valleys web site they have practice scheduled all summer long for football specific nights. Is this legal?

YES it is. why does everyone worry so much about what is legal & what is not. if people would just worry about their own team & enjoy the game we would all be a lot happier.

The rule is work out & condition in June. Dead period last week of June & first week of July. Then in July resume work-outs & conditioning, plus you can have 15 practices in helmets & shorts during July. Then 4 weeks prior to week zero you can start in pads. This year that happens to fall on July 27th.

I apologize if I sound harsh, but lately every time I look at the Oak Ridge thread someon is whining about little legalities. You may just be curious, so once again I apologize.