Another Coach Gone

raynoch

Thanks to you, he now knows that there is at least some interest by the school. He is very interested in the position and is young enough (38) to grow with the program. 15 years experience coaching A, AA, AAA, and DII basketball in Tennessee as an assistant and head coach. Also has AAU coaching experience as well. Coach Scott has taught special ed in Knox County for 10 years.

Is this the same Tony Scott that coached a Central a few years back?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe so but his reputation and legend has been cemented with the IRISH!

Excellent coach that really relates well with the players. S-D would do well with that hire. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Whoever takes it will be loaded. They only lost one player that mattered and bigboy is healthy. Plus moving away from B,F, and M to IMAC. this is a good situation for someone who can recruit the hallways.

Have they contacted him yet is the question? I don't know but i believe that it is between Tony and Sticks! The question is who will draw players to come and play for their program between these two?

Both have good reputations with kids from AAU. Both are passionate about the game and their players. I would have to give the nod to Coach Scott given his years of experience. I think either of these coaches will be able to work the halls for players and get them out.

How do you believe it is down to these two if Coach Scott hasn't been interviewed? His reputation must certainly proceed him.

Just from the rumor's that we all here is how i heard about Coach Scott and Coach Marie (sticks). I heard that sticks interviewed and that Coach Scott was possibly the next candidate. Both have good reputations with kids from AAU. Both are passionate about the game and their players and both are very knowledgeable about the game, but i would give the nod to sticks because of he is younger and may appeal to the guys to come in and play for him. Either of these guys would be great and i wish they would hire somebody soon!

Just from the rumor's that we all here is how i heard about Coach Scott and Coach Marie (sticks). I heard that sticks interviewed and that Coach Scott was possibly the next candidate. Both have good reputations with kids from AAU. Both are passionate about the game and their players and both are very knowledgeable about the game, but i would give the nod to sticks because of he is younger and may appeal to the guys to come in and play for him. Either of these guys would be great and i wish they would hire somebody soon!

either guys sounds good. SD is in good shape with talent and they have excellent facilites, lockerroom amd weightroom to attract players from all over knox and blount county

Both have good reputations with kids from AAU. Both are passionate about the game and their players. I would have to give the nod to Coach Scott given his years of experience. I think either of these coaches will be able to work the halls for players and get them out.

How do you believe it is down to these two if Coach Scott hasn't been interviewed? His reputation must certainly proceed him.

Coach Scott's interview with S-D is next week.

Coach Scott's interview with S-D is next week.

Has anyone contacted Jody Wright ,Mark Blevins, Charles Mitvhell or Donald dodgen about this job? With the talent coming up why didn't they go after one of the more successful head coaches in town. Maybe one of them would want the challenge.

Has anyone contacted Jody Wright ,Mark Blevins, Charles Mitvhell or Donald dodgen about this job? With the talent coming up why didn't they go after one of the more successful head coaches in town. Maybe one of them would want the challenge.

You are kidding , right?

Why leave a program that you have established and put your stamp on to transfer to a program with a questionable history? The first three you mentioned are usually contending for a spot at the state tourney and Dodgen has won 20 games a year for the past gazillion years but just can't get out of the region.

Well i guess my source was right about Coach Scott. Well good luck Coach and why would one of those 4 apply, that would not make any sense to leave a program that they built and start another! So i guess it is between Sticks and Coach Scott. Good luck to both!

I know it's off topic, but I heard that Kevin Windle was named the coach at LC anyone heard that? If so it looks like Seymour is open too. A lot of coaching changes in the area.