Another Coach Gone

raynoch

I know it's off topic, but I heard that Kevin Windle was named the coach at LC anyone heard that? If so it looks like Seymour is open too. A lot of coaching changes in the area.

South Doyle needs someone who is a great hall recruiter. Those coaches seemed to get kids out. South Doyle has over 1300 kids ,they have to be in the school but just not playing. What about Jersey at the Middle school. He is the only one that has proven they can win in that community.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know Coach Scott but I remember him from coaching at Central.. I know Coach Marie because he coached my cousin in baseball this past year at AE. Like you said Coach Marie would get the players out to play I mean, he's a very respected young man and I think he would do go where he goes.. The good thing about him, he has the top connections around the college rankings and that could land some Kees in D1 programs. The best of luck to whomever get the job I'll be supporting the kees and everyone else..

I don't know Coach Scott but I remember him from coaching at Central.. I know Coach Marie because he coached my cousin in baseball this past year at AE. Like you said Coach Marie would get the players out to play I mean, he's a very respected young man and I think he would do go where he goes.. The good thing about him, he has the top connections around the college rankings and that could land some Kees in D1 programs. The best of luck to whomever get the job I'll be supporting the kees and everyone else..

Thats where Barnes lacked, no one in his two years signed DIV 1. They need someone who can sell college coaches on their talents. I know for a fact 7 freshman played varsity this past season and a few of them could be prospects later on down the road. I hops STIXs gets it then. I would love to see some Kees playing next level ball.

Thats where Barnes lacked, no one in his two years signed DIV 1. They need someone who can sell college coaches on their talents. I know for a fact 7 freshman played varsity this past season and a few of them could be prospects later on down the road. I hops STIXs gets it then. I would love to see some Kees playing next level ball.

How many players in the Knoxville area have signed D1 in the last 10 years. Coach Barnes did a great job at South-Doyle the two years he was there. The problem is keeping your middle school players. I've been in Knoxville 9 years and it seems that the more talented players leave for A-E. You have to convince them to stay.

How many players in the Knoxville area have signed D1 in the last 10 years. Coach Barnes did a great job at South-Doyle the two years he was there. The problem is keeping your middle school players. I've been in Knoxville 9 years and it seems that the more talented players leave for A-E. You have to convince them to stay.

They need to get a coach familiar with the "memphis style offense" dribble drive type stuff. they have the guards that are quick and get penetrate. Barnes was too busy worring about defense and holding the ball, passing 20 times.

They need to get a coach familiar with the "memphis style offense" dribble drive type stuff. they have the guards that are quick and get penetrate. Barnes was too busy worring about defense and holding the ball, passing 20 times.

Yeah, thats crazy to have to worry about defense and discipline. Lets just play pickup everyday and out athlete everybody. Unreal. Are you serious in thinking that hiring some AAU guy (no offense I know there are a lot of quality AAU coaches) will automatically start sending players to D1 schools. D1 schollys are hard to come by and East TN doesn't get very many year in year out. If you are a D1 prospect, you will be found, regardless of who your high school coach is and regardless of what school you go to.

Well i have seen Coach Marie's teams play in the past and recent since he moved back and they are a blast to watch. They are constantly moving and playing and having fun. His teams will always give 100% from what i have seen and i have asked some of his AAU kids about him and his coaching style and they say they loved playing for him and it was always fun and intense from practice to games. I have also seen Coach Scott coach a little as well and he is very respected as well and knows the game. I will say this about Coach Scott he has more experience than Coach Marie, but if you like as intense coach who can make the game fun and at the same time challenging then go with Coach Marie.

Yeah, thats crazy to have to worry about defense and discipline. Lets just play pickup everyday and out athlete everybody. Unreal. Are you serious in thinking that hiring some AAU guy (no offense I know there are a lot of quality AAU coaches) will automatically start sending players to D1 schools. D1 schollys are hard to come by and East TN doesn't get very many year in year out. If you are a D1 prospect, you will be found, regardless of who your high school coach is and regardless of what school you go to.

If you don't run and gun and press, how are you going to sell the best players on knox county or in south doyle hallways to leave the boys club and play for the school? how will you get SDMS kids to come. Talking to them is not enough, maybe pick them and take them home for every practice, like an activity bus would help

Well both of these guys started in AAU then went on to coach college and high school for some years now! So both are going to be disciplined and have great knowledge about the game. Two great guys both deserving of this job Good Luck.

they need some who can inspire the kids in the halls to play like Duncan has in spring football. He even got my cuz out who is also a hooper. those athletes around there just need someone to ask them to play and show them that practice is going to fun or maybe limit practice to every other day.

Well i have seen Coach Marie's teams play in the past and recent since he moved back and they are a blast to watch. They are constantly moving and playing and having fun. His teams will always give 100% from what i have seen and i have asked some of his AAU kids about him and his coaching style and they say they loved playing for him and it was always fun and intense from practice to games. I have also seen Coach Scott coach a little as well and he is very respected as well and knows the game. I will say this about Coach Scott he has more experience than Coach Marie, but if you like as intense coach who can make the game fun and at the same time challenging then go with Coach Marie.

I'm 100% sure if you were to talk with Catholic's current and former players they will tell you that they loved playing for Coach Scott. He has college connections too at the D1 level. You don't coach high school basketball for 15 years and not make any college connections.

I think you could say that about every coach in this area except Wright and Blevins. There have been no D1 prospects at S-D since Logan Johnson. I don't of many coaches that are going to create D-1 talent solely based on their coaching ability. Just creating a dribble-drive offense won't turn guys into D-1 prospects. I don't think you fault Coach Barnes or Smith before him for not getting players D-1 looks due to their offensive schemes. One importanrt aspect you're overlooking in addition to the skills are the grades!