Another Coach Gone

raynoch

I'm 100% sure if you were to talk with Catholic's current and former players they will tell you that they loved playing for Coach Scott. He has college connections too at the D1 level. You don't coach high school basketball for 15 years and not make any college connections.

I wonder if he knows Steve Smith at Oak hill and could set up a game with them next year? that worked as you see Bearden have guys sign. They could also go to soem big tournaments and quit going to lame local ones.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he knows Steve Smith at Oak hill and could set up a game with them next year? that worked as you see Bearden have guys sign. They could also go to soem big tournaments and quit going to lame local ones.

The more you post, the more I (and I'm sure others) question your basketball intelligence. The Bearden guys weren't miraculously recruited after they played Oak Hill. They have had attention since they were Freshman and garnered alot of looks due to playing AAU. Virginia Tech supposedly offered during the summer of their Jr. year. Bearden was able to arrange the game with Oak Hill because they are both Nike sponsored teams. By the way it cost Bearden big bucks to have Oak Hill even play them. S-D has not had a team that would be able to compete at some of the big tourneys you're referrring to.

I do like your ideas of having fun practices and not having practice everyday. Can't imagine much improvement but you all might dominate playing Gotcha and H-O-R-S-E. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

The more you post, the more I (and I'm sure others) question your basketball intelligence. The Bearden guys weren't miraculously recruited after they played Oak Hill. They have had attention since they were Freshman and garnered alot of looks due to playing AAU. Virginia Tech supposedly offered during the summer of their Jr. year. Bearden was able to arrange the game with Oak Hill because they are both Nike sponsored teams. By the way it cost Bearden big bucks to have Oak Hill even play them. S-D has not had a team that would be able to compete at some of the big tourneys you're referrring to.

I do like your ideas of having fun practices and not having practice everyday. Can't imagine much improvement but you all might dominate playing Gotcha and H-O-R-S-E. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Now now IrishBball, I like the concept of GOTCHA!!! That helps with FREE THROWS and PUT BACKS.... That's 2 drills put in one.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I don't think Bearden will be playing Oak Hill again for awhile. I mean, Bearden's team this year was supposed to be one of the best there was but by playing Oak Hill they didn't achieve their goal of winning the state so they didn't gain much from that. I agree with you though, the FAB 3 were being recruited way before the Oak Hill game.

Now now IrishBball, I like the concept of GOTCHA!!! That helps with FREE THROWS and PUT BACKS.... That's 2 drills put in one.. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I don't think Bearden will be playing Oak Hill again for awhile. I mean, Bearden's team this year was supposed to be one of the best there was but by playing Oak Hill they didn't achieve their goal of winning the state so they didn't gain much from that. I agree with you though, the FAB 3 were being recruited way before the Oak Hill game.

I was told by someone that Bearden would be going to Oak Hill next season because of a package deal that was agreed on from this past year. This is not the most reliable source, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard this????

I was told by someone that Bearden would be going to Oak Hill next season because of a package deal that was agreed on from this past year. This is not the most reliable source, but I was wondering if anyone else had heard this????

Oak Hill only plays about 10-12 games at home per year. They play 30+ on the road. Of course if you're pulling in $5-10,000 per game on the road, why play at home. The Bearden game was their 3rd game in 4 days on the road.

Well i wouldn't put that much stock in the Oak Hill game getting these guys signed, none of them signed at big time DI program. Nothing wrong with that, they were great players....but they were going play college for free no matter what schedule Bearden played. The Oak Hill game was nice for publicity but at the end of the day..did it make any real difference?

South Doyle needs someone who is a great hall recruiter. Those coaches seemed to get kids out. South Doyle has over 1300 kids ,they have to be in the school but just not playing. What about Jersey at the Middle school. He is the only one that has proven they can win in that community.

Coach Jersey is the primary reason kids leave for A.E.I know for a fact that he discourages,and has for a while,kids to go to SOUTH DOYLE HIGH SCHOOL.

That's not right. You can't build a program when you have your own people working against you.

I just find that hard to beleive. My stepson played for Jersey and he never ran him to AE. He is like Jim Boehiem when it comes to 2-3 zone. they won the county a few years ago.