Goodpasture Football 2009

FootballDoc

veer offense with a little smash mouth and thug talking 6-2 or 6-1 defense. QB and RB are good. D-1 prospect on DL. Thank you, please can I have another. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sounds great. I think Goodpasture is going to keep there offense and defense as basic as possible, but it will be fun to watch them Friday!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since I was the 1st to post here I thought I would also post at the end. I really just wanted to know if Goodpasture would be changing their offense. How are they going to fair without Benny? I agree that they should be playing in the private school division but why cry over something we can't change? They are a good team year in and year out, they play who is on the schedule. They beat Ravenwood last year to open the season and Ravenwood was a 5 A Team. They also lost to some teams they should have beat, like JPII, who was a bottom rung team in Division II. That just proves that you have to play the game and you must prepare every week.

Since I was the 1st to post here I thought I would also post at the end. I really just wanted to know if Goodpasture would be changing their offense. How are they going to fair without Benny? I agree that they should be playing in the private school division but why cry over something we can't change? They are a good team year in and year out, they play who is on the schedule. They beat Ravenwood last year to open the season and Ravenwood was a 5 A Team. They also lost to some teams they should have beat, like JPII, who was a bottom rung team in Division II. That just proves that you have to play the game and you must prepare every week.

Goodpasture is changing their offense. They will still run the wing, but they are going to run alot of shotgun/spread. They are doing this because they have a young athletic quarterback who can throw, along with two real good receivers, this is why they are going to throw much more. They still have some good running backs, but he is trying to play to the players strengths. They should have pleanty of size and speed. They should be real good the next three years! The worst game they played last year was the JP2 game. You are right, they did not show up that game, and JP2 put it on them. If you are not ready to play, you can get beat by anyone.

The Goodpasture boys had another practice today. They are looking good. They have a couple of key players that didnt partisipate, but they look good for this time of year. They definately have size. There O-line is hudge. The left tackle is 6'5" 300, left guard is 6' 1" 315, center is 6' 1" 240, right guard is 6' 2" 275, and the right tackle is 6' 6" 315. I dont know how well they can block, but they look the part! This was final tune up before there spring game on Friday. I will let you know how it goes Friday!

The Goodpasture boys had another practice today. They are looking good. They have a couple of key players that didnt partisipate, but they look good for this time of year. They definately have size. There O-line is hudge. The left tackle is 6'5" 300, left guard is 6' 1" 315, center is 6' 1" 240, right guard is 6' 2" 275, and the right tackle is 6' 6" 315. I dont know how well they can block, but they look the part! This was final tune up before there spring game on Friday. I will let you know how it goes Friday!

Thanks, keep us posted on the game Friday!!!!! How is Kenwood?

I agree that any team beat another on any given Friday. I do believe that any team can improve and perform higher than expected. Look at Goodpasture last year! It was suppose to be a "down year" and we still made it to the semi-finals, one step away from the state title game. From everyone I know in Sumner County, they tell me that Whitehouse should be very good, and the other teams like Greenbriar, Westmoreland, Macon County, and Sycamore are always well coached and ready to play. I know that Coach Martin and the Cougars never overlook anyone, and it should be a fun year of high school football. I wish all the teams a healthy offseason, and happy mothers day to all the mothers out there!

Goodpasture...just as a means of courteousy, it would help to know your competition and HOW to spell their school names...like Maryville (not Merryville), White House (not Whitehouse) or GreenbriEr (not Greenbriar).

Thanks.

Goodpasture...just as a means of courteousy, it would help to know your competition and HOW to spell their school names...like Maryville (not Merryville), White House (not Whitehouse) or GreenbriEr (not Greenbriar).

Thanks.

Sorry, did not mean anything by it. I thought this was a message board. If you wanted to correct the spelling on this board, it would take you days. Dont be SO sensative.

The new helmets look Sweeeet.

After watching the 1hr rain delayed scrimmage tonight, it looks like GP reloaded. Man they are big. Also, running game looked very good. Both QB's looked sharp. Sorta looks like Stephon Dawson is gonna fill the Cunningham loss pretty well. I hope he stays healthy.