Carly Dickens to C-Range?

I am not sure of what is going on at york, but their have been 5 freshman girls that live much closer to york than they do to clarkrange plus Carly transferring, that are coming to clarkrange to play ball. These girls would get a lot more playing time at york as a freshman but for whatever reason would rather sit on the bench at clarkrange than play at york

Understand this.

Clarkrange HS is strictly a Fentress Co. school. Funded and ran by the people of Fenrtess Co.

York Institute is a state funded school and run by a local commity who advises the State of Tennessee as to their requirements. In effect the staff at York ( teachers , coaches,et. al) are indirectly employees of the State of Tennesse.

All of the elementry and middle schools are Fentress Co funded and managed.

The real answer : Would one rather sit on the bench in the 'boro or pay to get in.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Understand this.

Clarkrange HS is strictly a Fentress Co. school. Funded and ran by the people of Fenrtess Co.

York Institute is a state funded school and run by a local commity who advises the State of Tennessee as to their requirements. In effect the staff at York ( teachers , coaches,et. al) are indirectly employees of the State of Tennesse.

All of the elementry and middle schools are Fentress Co funded and managed.

The real answer : Would one rather sit on the bench in the 'boro or pay to get in.

I would rather play during the year!If I didn't make state..that's the way it is..And the players may not play much until their junior or senior years..Maybe never start..I'd rather play !I'm pretty sure my son could have played fro Dyer Co in baseball this past season..May have been on the bench..I know there was 2 or 3 players on the team that had never made the all star team over my son..But..he has never said 1 time,he wish he had been on the team..

I will tell you all from a personal standpoint that I ran my mouth about Laken Leonard all of 2007-08 season and then she beat us in state finals. I had a nice piece of humble pie when Molly moved in and helps us go 39-0 and win it all last year. Molly Heady is an outstanding person, as well as an athlete. Now Carley has made the move and most every 8th grader in the county wants a shot to play at Clarkrange. I wish all the kids success no matter where or what they play. I hate the fact that York was the place Carley left. I want York to be win and be successful too. I dont know Carley very well, but I hope she does well and it benefits her. I look forward to supporting our teams this year.

You dont have to recruit players. Success brings attention to your program and provides kids close to Clarkrange with an opportunity to be a part of it.

What I have learned from this is that it happens alot and if people are following the rules and the rules provide for a move, who am I to run my mouth about it all the time??? (who am i to run my moouth about 99% of the stuff i fuss about...lol) If you dont agree with transfers, have you every went thru the proper channels to get the rules changed?

I respect AuntKim and her opinion, but I think she would have a different take on this if someone like a Lauren March had moved in to Forrest last year and they would have run the table. AuntKim, what would you say about this if you were on the other side of it and you got to know some of these girls like Molly or Carley? Would you be so quick to be critical? I was very critical of Leonard's family, but was more ticked that they had kicked our tail than anything. I am not saying either of us would agree with transferring, but if it was my kid and they wanted it and it would benefit them or make them happier, I would do it and most anyone would if they thought they were doing what was best for their kid.

and about the JV playing against Forrest...I do not think that was meant to be disrespectful...please do not take it that way....it is just camp...

yeah you did! Not only did you talk about her as a player but you got real personal with your posts and no matter what you say we aint forgot it. You talked about Lakens mother like she was a piece of crap to say it nicely and pretty much downed the whole town of Gainesboro and Jackson County athletics. You said Clarkrange never gets transfers how they don't do that kind of thing how they don't recruit. i could go on and on about the nasty stuff you said about Laken, her family and the people of jacckson county but we are better people than you are. no matter what you say now your comments will NEVER be forgotten!

I am not sure of what is going on at york, but their have been 5 freshman girls that live much closer to york than they do to clarkrange plus Carly transferring, that are coming to clarkrange to play ball. These girls would get a lot more playing time at york as a freshman but for whatever reason would rather sit on the bench at clarkrange than play at york

Now this is what I'm talking about..Aunt Kim has touched on this as well..No school is going to turn down a new player..If we got Carly..I'd be more than happy although I haven't seen her play..Just basing my opion on what I've read..Or if we were to get the star player from Central...I'm not against Clarkrange..if the rules allow this to happen..can't blame them one bit..In Carly's case..a move is being or has been made as far as what I've read..Nothing against that..Now,the 5 girls coming in..if it's true..If they moved to the Clarkrange zone..so be it..But if they didn't..that's what I'm against..The TSSAA shouldn't allow students to transfer or go to another school in which they are not zoned..Even as freshmen..If they do..have them sit out a year.. or move..If these 5 players didn't move and the TSSAA was going to make them sit out a year..wonder if they would still go to Clarkrange..Even in this case..not against Clarkrange...the girls and school are just doing what the rules allow..One player ,especially a star player is bad enough..but 5 players besides Carly or 6 in all,if I'm reading this right..Not only is Clarkrange getting stronger but I'd be surprised to see York having much more than a JV team..Some Single A teams may only have about 8 or 9 players anyway..This rule penalizes a school like York and a lot of other Single A schools..Again..The TSSAA should make every player go to the school they are zoned..That would cut out some of this..!

the girls who have come to clarkrange are all incoming freshman and have never played high school ball with the exception of Carley. the schools here are not zoned for any particular school if i'm correct, they're are plenty of people who drive their kids to different elem schools instead of the one they live closest to. these girls just wanna go play for the better program in the county where they are not being put down and told that they (the individual) are the reason the game was lost. you win as a team and lose as team. so why blame these girls who are just wanting a chance to be apart of something special and learn from a coach who instructs not criticizes.

the girls who have come to clarkrange are all incoming freshman and have never played high school ball with the exception of Carley. the schools here are not zoned for any particular school if i'm correct, they're are plenty of people who drive their kids to different elem schools instead of the one they live closest to. these girls just wanna go play for the better program in the county where they are not being put down and told that they (the individual) are the reason the game was lost. you win as a team and lose as team. so why blame these girls who are just wanting a chance to be apart of something special and learn from a coach who instructs not criticizes.

I don't think most people are blaming the girls,their parents or Clarkrange..They are doing what the rules allow..I just believe the TSSAA should come up with some kind of a plan..zoning..closest school to your house..Something..I'm not sure about the zoning though that you speak of..A student can go to any school he or she wishes at the start of their freshman year..Doesn't matter where they live if they don't mind driving..I'm sure most people you are talking about are within a 10 mile range or closer..We've had about 6 players drive 50 miles each day round trip to schools in other counties..I would think that if yall don't have zoning..then a player should be able to transfer from York to Clarkrange during their sophomore years without sitting out..But the TSSAA won't allow that ,even though the schools will..The TSSAA shouldn't let students go to any school ..go by school zones or closest school..!

Do you know something, or are you just stating the obvious? I am excited to find out. We need another "post" player. With the ability this girl has mixed with the ability that the incoming team has, C-Range will most defenitly have a successful team again.

Jackson County does more recruting than any school in the state. They got 2 girls from York a few years ago that cost York a state championship, and by the way JC didn't win one either. Coach Rogers is one of the best coaches in the country, so why wouldn't kids want to play for him.

Someone touched on this point. Ill make it legit, not in a HS manner. Look at North Carolina Mens Basketball. They dont even have to go after some of the top tier players, because the top tier usually want to come to Carolina anyway, they just sign. Kinda the same here, not calling CR a UNC, but if I have a daughter, that is really talented, and I live in the CR area, no doubt about where she will go to school. If her grades are good, and will stay good no matter where at, I will give her the best opportunity to be good at ball also. CR is loaded, and anything less than gold will be a disappointment. I do not think there is anything wrong with it, and if you do not like it, change the rules or beat them, that looks like the only two choices you have. Good luck to all.

Jackson County does more recruting than any school in the state. They got 2 girls from York a few years ago that cost York a state championship, and by the way JC didn't win one either. Coach Rogers is one of the best coaches in the country, so why wouldn't kids want to play for him.

you are wrong JC never recruited these girls their parents moved here and they played basketball and York can't even make it out of district and how could they have won state with these kids if JC didn't win in class a with them. The only statement you made that is true is Lamar is one of the best coaches in country. NEVER RECRUITED. NEVER WILL What I heard was these girls weren't happy with politicacal propaganda and were so upset they moved.

As long as there are private schools in single A who can recruit anyone from anywhere, I'm all for parents sending their children anywhere they want. Until there are equal rules for the private schools the private schools should either be a minimun of AA or in the private districts. In single a the state championships usually have 4 or 5 private schools. I hope if Pickett Co. doesn't win the state, Clarkrange does again. And the twins chose to go to Jackson Co. Their parents did a lot for York and for basketball in general but provided the best opportunity for their daughters. York doesn't care about basketball. I've seen great players sit over the years, boys & girls BB, while ones with little talent but the right name play. Clarkrange doesn't waste talent. Congratulations Clarkrange!

As many of have read I am sure, everything gets blown out of proportion. I have attended several of the CR open gym sessions and am around the "talk" during these gym shoot arounds. Carly is a good player and can be a great player as she is just a sophomore. If she was on last years team, she probably would not have even started. This year losing Phillips inside makes her arrival that much more in the public eye. The other "transfers" are all freshman whom none will probably start, but at least one will get some playing time. This is just what I have heard and/or witnessed. So the talk of 7 players transferring to CR and that we will automatically win the state again is ridiculous. They will have a good team again this year as always whether people transfer or not.

The people on here that is mad, is mad because no one wants to play for their team? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />