7AAA

coachof3

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game has been canceled due to poor field conditions at Riverdale. Both coaches met at the field and made the determination. Riverdale goes on as the number one seed, hosting Tuesday night. Siegel is number two traveling to Franklin Co. or Columbia depending on the outcome of tonight's game at 7 in Columbia.

Game has been canceled due to poor field conditions at Riverdale. Both coaches met at the field and made the determination. Riverdale goes on as the number one seed, hosting Tuesday night. Siegel is number two traveling to Franklin Co. or Columbia depending on the outcome of tonight's game at 7 in Columbia.

thats so stupid i wish they could have met for pk's or something all of siegel's momentum for the district championship was demolishid they had a good chance at beating riverdale. What does the bracket for the regial tournement look like. What teams go to state?

thats so stupid i wish they could have met for pk's or something all of siegel's momentum for the district championship was demolishid they had a good chance at beating riverdale. What does the bracket for the regial tournement look like. What teams go to state?

Its unfortunate that there won't be a championship game, because as I said earlier Siegel is probably the only team in the district with a realistic chance of beating Riverdale. But to think a PK shootout should be used to determine a winner without playing a full game and overtimes makes no sense. One of Riverdales biggest strengths is their stingy team defense. In a PK shootout the team with the most offensive scoring weapons should win, especially since its 1v1 and they don't have to deal with defenders. Again it would have been a great game to see, but a PK shootout is not the answer.

I agree with MJUHB as both Riverdale and Siegel should take care of Franklin Co and Columbia and play for regional title on Thursday.

Good luck to all

Its unfortunate that there won't be a championship game, because as I said earlier Siegel is probably the only team in the district with a realistic chance of beating Riverdale. But to think a PK shootout should be used to determine a winner without playing a full game and overtimes makes no sense. One of Riverdales biggest strengths is their stingy team defense. In a PK shootout the team with the most offensive scoring weapons should win, especially since its 1v1 and they don't have to deal with defenders. Again it would have been a great game to see, but a PK shootout is not the answer.

I agree with MJUHB as both Riverdale and Siegel should take care of Franklin Co and Columbia and play for regional title on Thursday.

Good luck to all

How many treams will advance from regionals?

Good luck to all

I agree 100%. A PK shoot out really isn't a way to determine the champion and hopefully Siegel and Riverdale will meet again in the future. But does anyone know if there will be a district champion now? Who will the trophy go to? It would make sense to give it to Riverdale due to their undefeated season, but that would be unfair to Siegel in many ways.

I agree 100%. A PK shoot out really isn't a way to determine the champion and hopefully Siegel and Riverdale will meet again in the future. But does anyone know if there will be a district champion now? Who will the trophy go to? It would make sense to give it to Riverdale due to their undefeated season, but that would be unfair to Siegel in many ways.

The District Championship and trophy obviously goes to the undefeated team, Riverdale. Siegel had a great regular season and played well against Riverdale but the final was 2-0 to the undefeated team. There is nothing unfair about that. Siegel needs to beat Columbia and they will get a shot at being Regional Champs on Thursday of next week. The ultimate goal here is to get to the State Championship and you can lose both the District Championship game and the Regional Championship game and still do that. You can also win both of these games and not go to state.

The District Championship and trophy obviously goes to the undefeated team, Riverdale. Siegel had a great regular season and played well against Riverdale but the final was 2-0 to the undefeated team. There is nothing unfair about that. Siegel needs to beat Columbia and they will get a shot at being Regional Champs on Thursday of next week. The ultimate goal here is to get to the State Championship and you can lose both the District Championship game and the Regional Championship game and still do that. You can also win both of these games and not go to state.

I disagree. They should have found a way to play the championship game rather than just handing the championship off. The State deadline for deciding the champion is the 11th which means they could have played yesterday evening or even this afternoon. What happened in the regular season does not often determine the outcome in the tournament. Just look at 8 AAA where the number 6 (out of 7) seed advanced to the championship game and lost in the championship game to the number 5 seeded team. The top four seeded teams were knocked out in the tournament and that includes Tullahoma who was undefeated in district play. If you begin this scenario, there are are least two times that I recall when Riverdale was a number four seed and upset a number one seed in the tournament. The boys from Siegel deserve a chance at the tournament title during the tournament format. It is too bad that this was the route chosen when there are alternatives available. This is one of the failings with the teams in Murfreesboro who continue to be held hostage to their schools' football programs and do not have their own soccer fields. Get you a soccer field guys and don't limit yourself to playing where football controls the schedule or will tear up the field before a game.

The bigger issue here is home field advantage . siegel will have to travel to a stronger Columbia team and Riverdale stays home to play a weaker Franklin Cty team. Then if both teams win , Siegel will have to play at Riverdale for the region title.Soooooooooooo