2009 All-State

Indian

mrbigster...I am not saying I agree with the voting. I don't. The voters/sportswriters are lazy IMO...TT Flowers should have been there and I only saw her at state. That kid will make the WNBA draft if she continues to progess. You can see the heart of a lion in her.

I respect your post(s) and most of the time Greenfields, but he seems to have a problem with our area...But, we are entitled to out opinions.

BigDaddy,

I dont know why you think I have issues with 7A teams. I have alot of friends from 7A and I respect what 7A has done over the years, 7A has a rich tradition. 7Awatcher, Senator, Options86, Coach Brown and others are my friends. I spend alot of time watching high school basketball and I try to stay posted by asking my friends across the state about all the teams. I try not to be biased, I try to call a spade a spade whether its from 7a or 14A or whoever.

I do get upset when some fans get on Coach T and talk about how 7A is by far the best district in the state and noone else is close. 14A has a rich tradition in girls basketball as well. 14A and 7A are the two best girls districts in the state year in and year out and most anybody that keeps up with girls basketball will tell you that. Now my first point, 7A district had nine All Staters and 14A had one All Stater this year. The two best districts in the state, one has nine All Staters and the other has one All Stater, something is wrong with that picture.

The biggest injustice across the state for not making the All State team was TT Flowers. She was the MVP of the 14A district and the MVP of 7A Region. She deserved to be on the All State team as well as a few other girls from District 14A. I am proud that Molly Wallsmith from Bradford made All State but Molly wasnt the best player on Bradfords team. Bradford was loaded this year with talent and had other players worthy of All State.

Never in history has one district had 9 All State players. Never in history has one team had 4 All State players. Never in history has a 4th place team in any district had 3 All State players.

My final point: The sports writers or whoever voted dropped the ball in their voting this year and they ought to be accountable for their actions. Publish who they are and how they voted and maybe they will do a little research before they vote next year. The voters ought to be split evenly across the state and asked to take it seriously because this year is a joke.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome job to the 4 girls from District 13AA!!! Chassidy Fussell (Obion Co.), Amber Rechis (Westview), Heather Butler (Gibson Co.), and Heather Griffin (Gibson Co.).....

Something to think about....those 4 girls were only Juniors this past year!!!!!! They also play on the same AAU team, TNWings.

I believe that all the CR girls that made All State deserved that honor. three of the four could be leading scorer any night and one plays the best defense anyone could ask for, i'm sure a few girls would agree, its not always about points scored that makes you stand out. all four played their hearts out every single game and it paid off.

I agree and what about Rechelle Dye from South Greene. I cannot believe Upperman got 3 players. Who votes?!!!!!

Let me say first that I'm not sure any team should get 3 on the All State team in any classification. But if any team deserved it this year it would have to be Gibson County in Class AA. I didnt see Upperman play but if they had three as good as Griffin, Butler and Reedy I would be shocked. Gibson County will win the Gold Ball again next year and should have a Miss Basketball candidate.

BigDaddy,

I dont know why you think I have issues with 7A teams. I have alot of friends from 7A and I respect what 7A has done over the years, 7A has a rich tradition. 7Awatcher, Senator, Options86, Coach Brown and others are my friends. I spend alot of time watching high school basketball and I try to stay posted by asking my friends across the state about all the teams. I try not to be biased, I try to call a spade a spade whether its from 7a or 14A or whoever.

I do get upset when some fans get on Coach T and talk about how 7A is by far the best district in the state and noone else is close. 14A has a rich tradition in girls basketball as well. 14A and 7A are the two best girls districts in the state year in and year out and most anybody that keeps up with girls basketball will tell you that. Now my first point, 7A district had nine All Staters and 14A had one All Stater this year. The two best districts in the state, one has nine All Staters and the other has one All Stater, something is wrong with that picture.

The biggest injustice across the state for not making the All State team was TT Flowers. She was the MVP of the 14A district and the MVP of 7A Region. She deserved to be on the All State team as well as a few other girls from District 14A. I am proud that Molly Wallsmith from Bradford made All State but Molly wasnt the best player on Bradfords team. Bradford was loaded this year with talent and had other players worthy of All State.

Never in history has one district had 9 All State players. Never in history has one team had 4 All State players. Never in history has a 4th place team in any district had 3 All State players.

My final point: The sports writers or whoever voted dropped the ball in their voting this year and they ought to be accountable for their actions. Publish who they are and how they voted and maybe they will do a little research before they vote next year. The voters ought to be split evenly across the state and asked to take it seriously because this year is a joke.

I can go along with that...Good post. I have never said 7-A is better. I like you think 7-A and 14-A are the two best districts hands down. I am not sure any one with an argumnent has a leg to stand on when talking about any other district being any better as a whole. Its the remarks about transfers that bother me most...That subject seems to bother you and and you are entitled to feel that way or any way for that matter about it. I feel like you take a jab at this area when you can about that issue..(maybe I am reading to much into it) I have never said they are right, wrong or indifferent.....This is a touchy issue in a "me" world among basketball fans, and almost always out of our control and happens all over the state. I respect most of your posts and believe you know the game, have passion for it, and are probably a good "feller". /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Like I told mrbigster...I never said I agreed with the voting on the all state team. I agree that the sports writers did bad job. TT should have been there. It was the way you presented Pickett County that got to me...I feel like as an adult you threw those kids under the bus because they made the team (like it was their fault) when it is the sports writers, who are the adults that should be scolded, ashamed, etc., that should have been thrown under in your original post that I replied to, not the kids or the program.

Let me say first that I'm not sure any team should get 3 on the All State team in any classification. But if any team deserved it this year it would have to be Gibson County in Class AA. I didnt see Upperman play but if they had three as good as Griffin, Butler and Reedy I would be shocked. Gibson County will win the Gold Ball again next year and should have a Miss Basketball candidate.

Upperman was very good. Those three were very good players. IMO, Butler was the best of all on there, I really like her style. By not making it to state, it makes it hard for many to believe how good they really were. But, I guess the same could be said for Marshall Co.

Good luck to you and yours next season.

BigDaddy,

First off Molly Wallsmith was Bradfords best player. She lead them in all categories but rebounding. And TT was not District 14A MVP, Molly was!! Every time they webt head to head molly got the best of TT.

First off Molly Wallsmith was Bradfords best player. She lead them in all categories but rebounding. And TT was not District 14A MVP, Molly was!! Every time they webt head to head molly got the best of TT.

I think Greenfield was saying that T.T. was the most valuable player in the district to him...not being named the district tournament MVP..As far as getting the best of T.T.You saw something I didn't..The ganme at Bradford was the only game she outplayed T.T.And in that game T.T. was called for a charge on the very first play and stayed in foul trouble the rest of the way..The game in the tournament..Molly had a very good game against Humboldt...but didn't shoot well at all against Lake Co..T.T. outplayed her and the reason Lake Co won in the other two games..And in handling the ball and breaking the Bradford press..Molly is a good player ..Molly is a better outside shooter than T.T...Molly depends on the other Bradford players to set screens or pass the ball around for her to get an open shot..T.T, can create her shot at any tie because of her speed..But if they were to play a game 1 on 1..Molly would break her ankles trying to keep up with T.T...Like another poster said ..Molly is a steady player..a very good player..but T.T. has an extra gear and no way Molly could guard her 1 on 1 without getting help!

You are entitled to your opinion and I have an opinion as well. Molly is a good player and should have made All State. Bradford is going to miss Erica Oliver who should have been All State last year and I heard Jasmine has transferred to Liberty. If so then Bradford has some big holes to fill next year. Do you know if Jasmine did transfer?

As for comparing Molly Wallsmith to TT Flowers, there is no comparison. TT carried Lake County to Murfreesboro on her back. Molly had much more talent on her team and TT's team won two of the three games when they played each other and we are comparing a freshman (TT) against a Junior (Molly). There is no comparison.

You are entitled to your opinion and I have an opinion as well. Molly is a good player and should have made All State. Bradford is going to miss Erica Oliver who should have been All State last year and I heard Jasmine has transferred to Liberty. If so then Bradford has some big holes to fill next year. Do you know if Jasmine did transfer?

As for comparing Molly Wallsmith to TT Flowers, there is no comparison. TT carried Lake County to Murfreesboro on her back. Molly had much more talent on her team and TT's team won two of the three games when they played each other and we are comparing a freshman (TT) against a Junior (Molly). There is no comparison.

No one has transferred that must be a rumor. Molly never has gotten enough credit for what she does. Oliver was very one dimensional in my opinion. mrbigster, the mvp of district is for the entire year not just the tournament, that is what the region tournament mvp and team is just for play during the tournament. look at the stats and you will see tt only outplayed wallsmith maybe once at lake county. i personally think tt gets way too much hype. let her career unfold before we compare. wallsmith has earnerd her acknowledgements. she has started since she was in the 8th grade and has been a foundation for bradfords success. she has scored over 1000 points in her career and still going.

No one has transferred that must be a rumor. Molly never has gotten enough credit for what she does. Oliver was very one dimensional in my opinion. mrbigster, the mvp of district is for the entire year not just the tournament, that is what the region tournament mvp and team is just for play during the tournament. look at the stats and you will see tt only outplayed wallsmith maybe once at lake county. i personally think tt gets way too much hype. let her career unfold before we compare. wallsmith has earnerd her acknowledgements. she has started since she was in the 8th grade and has been a foundation for bradfords success. she has scored over 1000 points in her career and still going.

You say T.T. only dominated at Lake Co..Why do you think Lake Co beat Bradford in the region championship..I believe Greenfield was at that game..It was because of T.T. Flowers..All the things she did..I didn't think Molly played well at all that game..Believe she made a lot of free throws..Missed a ton of shots..T.T. dominated the two games against Bradford..Taking it to the basket or dishing off to someone under the basket..No telling how many baskets other players got under the goal when T.T. drove and dished off..I agree with Greenfield..Molly should have made the all state team and is a steady player but T.T. is a stallion compared to Molly in the things she can do..speed wise..not even close..breaking down the defense..not even close..Molly has players around her that makes plays for her..T.T. makes things happen..As for starting since the 8th grade..Lake Co doesn't have that luxury since they aren't on the same campus..Both are good players but I'm with Greenfield..Molly played on a more talented team with a better surrounding cast..T.T. led Lake Co on her back..In the tournament against Bradford..split the middle between two girls and had people wondering..how'd she do that..Has spin moves that Molly wouldn't know anything about..I don't believe any player could guard T.T. 1 on 1 in the district without getting help!

I think you are a little hard on Erica Oliver. If Bradford hadnt had Erica Oliver then Greenfield would have beaten Bradford every time this past year. Erica was a force under the goal and she beat us everytime, we had no answer for her. I think Jasmine was Bradfords best all around player, she gives you 110% on both ends of the floor. Without Erica and Jasmine, Bradford wouldnt have made it out of the district.

And I remember Molly in the 8th grade, she has improved tremendously since the 8th grade. And Molly didnt start on the high school team in the 8th grade, I'm beginning to think you must be related to Molly' because you are giving her way to much credit. Like I have said before Molly is a good player but she is blessed to be on one of the most talented teams in Tennessee. Bradford was the second best team in the state last year and should have won state in 08 in my opinion.

I agree with Bigster "the only thing that Molly does better than TT is shoot outside but everything else is in TT's favor and remember TT Flowers is a freshman. Remember that name because she will be a Miss Basketball finalist before she is through.

I think you are a little hard on Erica Oliver. If Bradford hadnt had Erica Oliver then Greenfield would have beaten Bradford every time this past year. Erica was a force under the goal and she beat us everytime, we had no answer for her. I think Jasmine was Bradfords best all around player, she gives you 110% on both ends of the floor. Without Erica and Jasmine, Bradford wouldnt have made it out of the district.

And I remember Molly in the 8th grade, she has improved tremendously since the 8th grade. And Molly didnt start on the high school team in the 8th grade, I'm beginning to think you must be related to Molly' because you are giving her way to much credit. Like I have said before Molly is a good player but she is blessed to be on one of the most talented teams in Tennessee. Bradford was the second best team in the state last year and should have won state in 08 in my opinion.

I agree with Bigster "the only thing that Molly does better than TT is shoot outside but everything else is in TT's favor and remember TT Flowers is a freshman. Remember that name because she will be a Miss Basketball finalist before she is through.

Call their coach and ask him if she started in the 8th grade if u don't believe me beacuse she did. If you remember her freshman year how bad they struggled to start the season without her a point when she had a broken hand a didnt play until christmas. Just because your opinion is different doesnt make it right. I would take wallsmith all day. Not saying TT isnt good because she is a great talent but u guys are also blowing her up way too much. Like i said previously let her career happen before you crown her.