Grace Christian Coach

blackhawkdown

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought GraceRamFan or RunandGun would have some names or info by now. Any word on TSSAA action for ineligible player? The Warren Commisson had more leaks by now than Grace athletics.

Talked with several coaches and discussed the Grace job. They were all very leary of stepping into a situation where you're replacing a coach that was fired off of back-to-back state appearances. It seems like one disgruntled parent was able to exert enough influence to get rid of a guy that had done a great job.

Maybe they need to sweeten the pot for Hochevar. He would do a great job.

Talked with several coaches and discussed the Grace job. They were all very leary of stepping into a situation where you're replacing a coach that was fired off of back-to-back state appearances. It seems like one disgruntled parent was able to exert enough influence to get rid of a guy that had done a great job.

Maybe they need to sweeten the pot for Hochevar. He would do a great job.

the mess this coach left behind the scenes is what other coaches are afraid to deal with.the word is they may have to forfiet all of last seasons games.i know runandgun will not agree but this was not just a mistake on a form it was deliberate,same as the wannamaker issue that never was investgated but is being reviewed now,he lived with the pastors son not his parents,the kid from fla played for pridemore in fla,theirs more to this that will come out shortly.

the mess this coach left behind the scenes is what other coaches are afraid to deal with.the word is they may have to forfiet all of last seasons games.i know runandgun will not agree but this was not just a mistake on a form it was deliberate,same as the wannamaker issue that never was investgated but is being reviewed now,he lived with the pastors son not his parents,the kid from fla played for pridemore in fla,theirs more to this that will come out shortly.

NONE of this is true...

the wannamaker issue is true 100 % and i heard that lamb forge information on the kid from florida and said the kid had moved and that he lived 20 mins from he school which he did just with another grace student while the parents were still living in florida and that the tssaa investegated and the basketball team is going to have to forfiet all games after december so look out football program you may be next looks like what evryone has being saying may be true after all recruiting

Had nothing to do with the KCS kids that was all approved. It was the florida transfer and just an error made on a form, nothing done on purpose just didnt have a full understanding of the rule and was self reported by Grace.

saying a kid had moved to the state but not with his parent dont seem how that is much of error that seems to me something you would no that a kids parents did not move with him

I think the best thing for everyone to do here is let this all play-out, and quit saying things that can't be backed up at this time. Time will tell, and then we will know if Grace is forfeiting any games. I have been around high school sports a long time, and it is amazing how many times athletic departments make honest silly mistakes. So again lets see what happens, and we can prod and point fingers later.

On point with the original post - Who are the top candidates for this job?

WOW!!! The things that are said on this board like they are facts are unbelievable. These are the facts. His parents did move here but they lived over 20 miles from Grace. He had played in a state association in florida before moving here. The rule is if he played for another state association prior to moving here he would have to live within 20 miles of the school so it was a violation. Grace was not aware of this rule (which they should have been) and when they found out they self reported it to the TSSAA. What action the TSSAA will take I dont know but I am sure something will be done. He was from Florida but never played for pridemore. It was a mistake and Grace SELF reported it. If they were trying to intentionally break the rules as has been suggested I dont think they would have self reported it. Thats the truth you can choose to believe it or not.