Whitwell's Next Head Coach

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about someone burning a car, but even if it did happen that person would be a criminal not a fan. Even the coaches at the best programs have their detractors. Grider does a good job at South Pitt year in and year out. Boeck did more last year than most (except Marion football fans) expected, and may have set the bar very high for the rookies this year. Barger improved Sequatchie tremendously last year. The conditions are right for these programs to stay at the top of their game or improve with time, but I could still find a few that will be negative about the coach at each one. They are quite when they are out numbered by the positive. However, one little sign that things are going bad and here they come. I do believe this group is a small percentage, probably way less than 5% but man can they be vocal when given the opportunity.

Until a coach gets in their and is given or takes the time, the situation cannot change. All of the rookies will need time to change things at their respective programs.

Some other names I might suggest or have heard. Heard "Chico" from South Pittsburgh, I don't know who he is but have heard some good things about him from folks down that way. Jerry Cooke at Rhea County. This guy is young and a great competitor. Marion had a veteran staff and one of those guys could help turn the program around.

I look forward to the day when teams from Chattanooga fear all the Valley teams, because I know this Valley produces the best kids in the world.

Purplengold,

Jerry Cook from Rhea county would be a steal!! I have no doubt in my mind he could turn the ship around and have kids believing that they can win.

Good luck on your coaching search!

KL you must have been very mistaken at the breakfast table thacker a head football coach?Whitwell isnt that desperate is it?I know jim brady has been there as long as anyone else give him a shot.(Mr. Thacker for your own sake let go of those reigns basketball should'v said it all your not a head coach).Anyone know when there supposed to announce the coach its getting pretty close to spring to just be getting a head coach.

KL you must have been very mistaken at the breakfast table thacker a head football coach?Whitwell isnt that desperate is it?I know jim brady has been there as long as anyone else give him a shot.(Mr. Thacker for your own sake let go of those reigns basketball should'v said it all your not a head coach).Anyone know when there supposed to announce the coach its getting pretty close to spring to just be getting a head coach.

KL does have hearing trouble sometimes, but KL knows for sure that Thacker was talked about at the breakfast table at Hardee's for the head coaching job. KL wonders what the Joker has against Thacker?

KL does have hearing trouble sometimes, but KL knows for sure that Thacker was talked about at the breakfast table at Hardee's for the head coaching job. KL wonders what the Joker has against Thacker?

KL, I talked with him today and he is not interested in it. He said that he will stay on as an assitant if the new coach wants him to. He never applied and never considered applying for it. So I guess the Hardee's breakfast table was off on this one. However I do know that the new head coach will be revealed sometime Friday. Whitwell starts their Spring Football camp on Monday and they are scrimmaging Bledsoe Co. the next Tuesday May 12. Good luck to the new coach and his staff. Get behind them and support your Tigers!!

Joker has a few things against thacker but nothing to major. I just think those kids deserve someone who will stick around for more than ten weeks an improve the program an i doubt he could do that.I suppose everyone who applied had atleast a little chance.I also found out they would be announcing who the coach was in the morning or after school.Good luck this year tigers an to your new head coach