Whitwell's Next Head Coach

Give him a call, never know what he will say. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Truth Prevails just doesn't like Grider because he has put the mercy rule into effect for the last 3 years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Is that true truth? Upset because of 3 beatdowns? Trust me people, Whitwell needs to give this a chance. It is time to make a jump! Might as well go after a big fish.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KL says, maybe if Vic comes, Heath would come as a package deal. Throw enough money out there and Principal Pratt would come too. That is where he began. He may want to retire where he started. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Old Pirate says the skillets and tonic has made some of you fellers sound like goobers. KL, you need to git away from that skillet slinger. Be like OP and hide if you have to or call up ole Geno and git him to share meds. Nah, he runs too short as it is. Anyhow......them Whitwell kids do need some quality coaching and hopefully will turn that situation around. DON'T look for help from them guys in SP. TT is right there, them fellers know they have a good thing going and sure wouldn't take a backwards step.

It would take a lot of money to get Coach Grider away from SP. With hard times on money right now i don't think Whitwell will be able to give him enough. Even if Whitwell could i still don't think Coach Grider would leave SP. It would be a huge mistake on his part if he did. What about looking out of the county? How about Coaches from Grundy, Seq., or Bledsoe? Is there any Coaches that someone knows that would be interested from theses counties?

It would take a lot of money to get Coach Grider away from SP. With hard times on money right now i don't think Whitwell will be able to give him enough. Even if Whitwell could i still don't think Coach Grider would leave SP. It would be a huge mistake on his part if he did. What about looking out of the county? How about Coaches from Grundy, Seq., or Bledsoe? Is there any Coaches that someone knows that would be interested from theses counties?

May not matter anyway. Grider's name is all over the place here in Cleveland. Could already be a deal in the works that no one knows about. Have a feeling he is shopping.

Im sure whitwell dont expect coach Grider but im just saying thats the type of caliber coaches whitwell needs not some more washed up coaches that are going to up and quit in a year cause they cant get it done. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Grider isn't leaving the gold mine that he has at South pitt. everyone knows that job makes a coach look brilliant. What about former Marion boss Ken Colquitt?? He knows how to make a team competitive.

I remember some GREAT talent that Colquette had at Marion-Jasper in the early to mid 90's. That job makes a coach look brilliant? It takes good players to win big anywhere you go. A good coach can only do so much. Colquette did well at Marion-Jasper when he had kids from up and down the valley wanting to play for them. He went to Grundy and made them better, but still nothing special. Bottom line, it takes good players to have good teams in all sports.

Give him a call, never know what he will say. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Truth Prevails just doesn't like Grider because he has put the mercy rule into effect for the last 3 years. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I honestly don't have anything against grider, just saying what most people from down that way think. SP should have way way more state championships than they have with all the athletes that they turn out, don't think anyone associated with the program down there will dispute that. ambassador, KL, OP??? As for whitwell, why in the world would he want to leave a place where all the athletes are at for whitwell? What ties does he have at whitwell that will trump his dad being a coaching ledgend at south pitt??

I honestly don't have anything against grider, just saying what most people from down that way think. SP should have way way more state championships than they have with all the athletes that they turn out, don't think anyone associated with the program down there will dispute that. ambassador, KL, OP??? As for whitwell, why in the world would he want to leave a place where all the athletes are at for whitwell? What ties does he have at whitwell that will trump his dad being a coaching ledgend at south pitt??

well i know whitwell has enough talent to win more than one game.Good example coach Beck did a great job with what talent he had at jasper last year thats were coaching comes in.Beck got the maximum effort out of his players and they wanted to play for him. whitwell is not lacking talent, but lacking a coach they can believe in.

well i know whitwell has enough talent to win more than one game.Good example coach Beck did a great job with what talent he had at jasper last year thats were coaching comes in.Beck got the maximum effort out of his players and they wanted to play for him. whitwell is not lacking talent, but lacking a coach they can believe in.

I agree totally in that statement. Boeck also had the support of the community and he had total control over what went on and what his plans were for the program. The kids really like him and want to play for him as evidence in the fact that he has 84 kids out for spring practice, not counting baseball boys. Boeck has brought dicipline and hard work back to the program that has been missing for a long long time. I will guarantee there is no team that is going to outwork them, and that is exactly what the tigers need!!

Anyone heard any names that have applied for the job yet?

I think the list I saw today had about 20 names on it of those who have applied. I DID NOT study the list so I couldn't list names if I tried. I really only recognized one. I'm not joking or trying to mess with anyone here. I did see a list and it looks like you're going to have a lot to pick from. Especially since the posting is still open.

DL.

I would liek to know more about the Whitwell program. Some of you seem to know some things that have gone on in the program. I am not from TN but have applied for the position looking to relocate to TN with my family. What has the program lacked over the years. How is the support? Is there some talent or kids that just don't want to work? Thanks for any information you can provide.