District 8-AAA Tournament

sportsguy22

The last time the district tournament was in Columbia, Coach Pickle asked the Tullahoma Association to umpire. I thought it was an honor for our association to be chosen. The Tullahoma Association assigns officials to every team in the district, except Columbia and Lawrence Co. It is up to the coaches, but whatever group gets to work the tourney will probably depend on which association Coach Pickle feels most comfortable. I haven't seen Columbia's field this year, but in the past, the playing surface was as good as any high school field in the state.

Do you still do the assigning for the Tullahoma Assocation? I use to follow 8AAA, but haven't been able to see much of them lately. They always seemed to have a good group of umpires.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tullahoma and Franklin Co will play on Wednesday. To add to an earlier point someone made, the 6 and 7 seeds last year were Columbia and Shelbyville. Those teams are the 1 and 2 seeds this year. S keep working Tullahoma and Franklin Co. You may only be a year away! Also, look for Columbia and Shelbyville to be near the top again next year with each team returning most of their pitching and lineup.

Tullahoma and Franklin Co will play on Wednesday. To add to an earlier point someone made, the 6 and 7 seeds last year were Columbia and Shelbyville. Those teams are the 1 and 2 seeds this year. S keep working Tullahoma and Franklin Co. You may only be a year away! Also, look for Columbia and Shelbyville to be near the top again next year with each team returning most of their pitching and lineup.

Agree completely. Both teams do not graduate many and have good young players coming up. They both will return a bunch of starters next year. Coffee County is moving out of the district as well, so Columbia and Shelbyville will have to be the hands-down favorites again next year for the top two spots. I can guarantee you Franklin County and Tullahoma will both be better next year as well.

Do you still do the assigning for the Tullahoma Assocation? I use to follow 8AAA, but haven't been able to see much of them lately. They always seemed to have a good group of umpires.

Mike Hollowell took over the assigning duties last year and is doing an outstanding job. I still umpire a few games. We still get many compliments from visiting coaches, when they bring teams to our area. Over 30 years ago, when I got into umpiring, Eugene London, was the assigning officer. He is in the TSSAA Hall of Fame. We have always taken a lot of pride in officiating. Thx for the good words.

Mike Hollowell took over the assigning duties last year and is doing an outstanding job. I still umpire a few games. We still get many compliments from visiting coaches, when they bring teams to our area. Over 30 years ago, when I got into umpiring, Eugene London, was the assigning officer. He is in the TSSAA Hall of Fame. We have always taken a lot of pride in officiating. Thx for the good words.

London was one of the best ever. Hollowell is a classy guy.