District 8-AAA Tournament

sportsguy22

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to hook up with you this fall! This could be easy money! You get the juice money! Sound fair? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL. I'm officially retired as of today. Going out on top!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

What is the schedule now? Times???

I think the schedule below is correct, or at least very close, for the upcoming double-elimination District 8-AAA Tournament in Columbia, which will all be played during the afternoon due to no lights. This is not official because I've not seen a bracket, so someone please correct me if anything should be wrong. Thank you.

Game 1 - #5 Lawrence County vs. #4 Lincoln County (1:00 - Friday, May 1)

Game 2 - #7 Tullahoma vs. #3 Coffee County (3:30 - Friday, May 1)

Game 3 - #1 Shelbyville vs. Game 1 Winner (1:00 - Saturday, May 2)

Game 4 - #2 Columbia vs. Game 2 Winner (3:30 - Saturday, May 2)

Game 5 - Game 2 Loser vs. Game 3 Loser (1:00 - Sunday, May 3)

Game 6 - Game 1 Loser vs. Game 4 Loser (3:30 - Sunday, May 3)

Game 7 - Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner (1:00 - Monday, May 4)

Game 8 - Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner (3:30 - Monday, May 4)

Game 9 (Loser's Bracket Final) - Game 7 Loser vs. Game 8 Winner (4:00 - Tuesday, May 5)

Game 10 (Championship) - Game 7 Winner vs. Game 9 Winner (1:00 - Wednesday, May 6)

Game 11 (Championship, IF NECESSARY) - Game 10 Winner vs. Game 10 Loser (3:30 - Wednesday, May 6)

I think the schedule below is correct, or at least very close, for the upcoming double-elimination District 8-AAA Tournament in Columbia, which will all be played during the afternoon due to no lights. This is not official because I've not seen a bracket, so someone please correct me if anything should be wrong. Thank you.

Game 9 (Loser's Bracket Final) - Game 7 Loser vs. Game 8 Winner (3:30 - Tuesday, May 5)

Game 10 (Championship) - Game 7 Winner vs. Game 9 Winner (1:00 - Wednesday, May 6)

Game 11 (Championship, IF NECESSARY) - Game 10 Winner vs. Game 10 Loser (3:30 - Wednesday, May 6)

The game on Tuesday is a 4:00 start.

Who does everyone think advances to region? Personally I think Shelbyville and Coffee will. Shelbyville pitching is very deep and they have been playing extremely well lately. Coffee Co. always shows up in tournament time. Another matchup between Coffee and Columbia will be exciting. It's hard to beat a team three times in one year. I wouldn't be surprised if neither of my picks didn't make it though. Always a great tournament.

Game 9 (Loser's Bracket Final) - Game 7 Loser vs. Game 8 Winner (4:00 - Tuesday, May 5)

Now I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and don't know much about 8-AAA, but I do have a question.

If Law Co is #7 seed, then is Franklin Co #6 and where are they?

Now I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and don't know much about 8-AAA, but I do have a question.

If Law Co is #7 seed, then is Franklin Co #6 and where are they?

Lawrence County is the #5 seed. They play #4 seed Lincoln County Friday afternoon. Tullahoma was the #7 seed and they defeated #6 seed Franklin County Wednesday night in the single-elimination play-in game, thus they advance to play #3 seed Coffee County in the double-elimination portion of the tournament starting Friday afternoon. Franklin County's season is now over. Hope that helps you understand it better.

Lawrence County is the #5 seed. They play #4 seed Lincoln County Friday afternoon. Tullahoma was the #7 seed and they defeated #6 seed Franklin County Wednesday night in the single-elimination play-in game, thus they advance to play #3 seed Coffee County in the double-elimination portion of the tournament starting Friday afternoon. Franklin County's season is now over. Hope that helps you understand it better.

It does, thanks.

I went back and looked at some earlier post and realized they have a "play in game" to make the tournament.

Should have done that before asking. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Whats the word if it rains this weekend like it is suppose to? Not really like they can wait for it to stop and play at night. If there is a rain delay in any of the games then it could mean a game not finishing that day or completely being moved to the next day because of now lights. Lawrence Co has a tarp and lights. Just seeing if you think it would be moved there if rain becomes a problem? Not bashing columbia for not having lights either, understand the situation, I'm two hours away so need to know what they have in place if there is rain.