South Greene Rebels in 2009

lastyear21

i believe sg and wg will be the teams to challenge gville in the conference. wg will be able to out power most teams in the conference the buffs also have alot of returning starters on their d too i look for wg an gville to be a battle in the trenches! dont underestimate those buffaloes down on the range

I'm not to worried about Greeneville being out powered by anyone they face. The only team that out powered them last year was Maryville but Maryville will out power anyone they play. If we compare teams that both Greeneville and SG played ( David Crockett ) GHS won 42-14 were SG lost 6-22, SG then goes on to beat WG later. Everyone in the new conference will learn that speed kills. Greeneville has been playing against teams that have 10 times more speed than anyone in the new conference. I'm not trying to down grade anyone in the new conference its just Greeneville has been playing in the old 4A were everyone else has been in 2A.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. As Mr. Duncan stated above, South Greene will be the toughest of the county schools, and they'll keep it close through the first quarter. After that, it's a done deal. With BJ averaging 6+ yards a carry last year, against a better conference. It'll be scary to see what he does this year, and with another year under the D's belt, it will be tough to score on them. I hope for entertainment purposes the games stay within 3-4 scores.

Lighten up! Just looking forward to this year. I'd say you will get your money's worth whatever the score might be at the end!

• 1 month later...

How they gonna be?

I saw the SG CD 7 on 7 and SG destroyed them. Your passing game looks pretty good. Pretty good Qb. But idk if they will be able to get much on Greenevilles secondary. And I love Jalen Shuffler (one of the best football layers ive ever played with). But NO county school, including Sg, will have 100 rushing yards on the Devils first D.

I saw the SG CD 7 on 7 and SG destroyed them. Your passing game looks pretty good. Pretty good Qb. But idk if they will be able to get much on Greenevilles secondary. And I love Jalen Shuffler (one of the best football layers ive ever played with). But NO county school, including Sg, will have 100 rushing yards on the Devils first D.

I am a Greene County Fan ONLY . I am trying to read about SG and WG but it seems these topic are over run with boastful GREENEVILLE fans. I wonder when it comes basketball and others sports will they have as much to brag about?

I am a Greene County Fan ONLY . I am trying to read about SG and WG but it seems these topic are over run with boastful GREENEVILLE fans. I wonder when it comes basketball and others sports will they have as much to brag about?

#1 in case you haven't noticed Greeneville is in the county.....#2 we will all get to find out who's being boastfull in a few weeks....#3 We ain't talkin about "basketball and other sports" its time to HIT SOMEBODY, but if you feel the need to make a preemptive "well u just wait until bball season" then we'll assume you are already makin' excuses.

Greeneville looked mighty good in the 7 on 7 in Maryville...took on a very athletic Fulton team and gave em all they could handle. I probably will be leaving before the end of football but as long as i'm in Greeneville....GO DEVILS

x

#1 in case you haven't noticed Greeneville is in the county.....#2 we will all get to find out who's being boastfull in a few weeks....#3 We ain't talkin about "basketball and other sports" its time to HIT SOMEBODY, but if you feel the need to make a preemptive "well u just wait until bball season" then we'll assume you are already makin' excuses.

Greeneville looked mighty good in the 7 on 7 in Maryville...took on a very athletic Fulton team and gave em all they could handle. I probably will be leaving before the end of football but as long as i'm in Greeneville....GO DEVILS

My bad BARB.#1 I am a Greene County SCHOOL fan only....#2 I would like SEE how great they are in a few weeks instead of reading about them....#3 we ain't talkin about GREENEVILLE it is "South Greene Rebels in 2009"!!!!! So if you want to talk GREENEVILLE lets talk!!! By the way BARB how soon are you leaving and how far away are you going?

It is difficult to talk about SG in 2009 without bringing Greeneville into the mix....they are the proverbial 800 lb gorilla in the room and no matter how good SG is, they will ultimately face a test they have not had in a while as will the rest of the conference. Can anyone tell me the last team in this new conference to play Greeneville? I believe it was SG but i'm not sure....must be the old mad cow affecting the brain cells. I'm hoping to have my house sold in time to catch part to Oak Grove HS football in Hattiesburg. Its the HS Favre's been working out at and McNair's boy is there. But until then....GO DEVILS!!!!!

If Im not mistaken, CD played GHS for a couple of years after the SG matchup ended. GHS basically man handled the Knights.

You are correct...looked it up and CD played Greeneville for the last time back in 2002. For the record, the county schools have a combined record of 30-1 against the city school...33-1 if the games with Mosheim in the early 30's are counted. South Greene has the only win back in 84. Looks like all these teams are gonna have some pride on the line when these rivalries are renewed. Gonna be some fun games to be in the stands for......