new boys coach at CAK

winnersrus

had meeting at 2:00 with L.C. team officially the head coach at C.A.K.Smart move for Wells LC had one more decent year of talent,then dropping off significantly,seen an opportunity and took it.

Have you seen the upcoming freshmen from NMS? I have seen considerable talent in one player particularly.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the upcoming freshmen from NMS? I have seen considerable talent in one player particularly.

Yes, the hall kid is ok,but if hood cant get it done in this district none of them will be able to,it takes more than a couple of kids it takes at least eight,they dont have eight this coming year,face it LC is a dead zone,in bball,football,and baseball,to tough of a district.

If it is the same kid I'm thinking of, the kid will probably follow Coach Wells to CAK.

The Hall kid will more than likely not follow Wells, I have heard his dad is extremely upset about the situation. If LC gives the job to Coach Stewart then Hall will definitely stay, if Coach Stewart goes to CAK then I cold definitely see Hall going too, especially since Stewart has such a good relationship with the Hall's.

Everyone has to remember that this was supposed to be Coach Wells dream job at LC since he was an LC guy himself. I know Wells will do a fine job at CAK, but it just doesn't make since to take a step backwards in his coaching career. Also, by going to a private school he is giving up his state retirement years.

I have never heard of Stewart. Where did he coach before his one season at LCHS? I can not imagine Lenoir City hiring an assistant with this being the most talent they have had since Snyder was there. Why would they not get a seasoned coach? Is no one else interested in this job besides young in-house assistants?

I have never heard of Stewart. Where did he coach before his one season at LCHS? I can not imagine Lenoir City hiring an assistant with this being the most talent they have had since Snyder was there. Why would they not get a seasoned coach? Is no one else interested in this job besides young in-house assistants?

Which assistant is Stewart? Was he the freshmen coach?

Welcome Coach!

read the article in the news this morning and glad to see Coach Wells joining CAK. For some of you it may be hard to believe but some people are not in coaching for the money! Coaching is all about the fit....that includes coaches, kids, parents, administrators, purpose, etc. Coaches are hired and fired every year good or bad reasons, it's just funny to me to see all the negative publicity that comes with the Private schools...like it never happens in public /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

There has been a great deal said about CAK recently regarding the boys basketball situation. I believe CAK is making tough, but good, decisions regarding their program. There seems to be a renewed dedication to improving all aspects of their athletic programs. Any time changes are made some people are going to be upset, and some are going to be happy. The final word on those decisions ultimatley comes from results, and that can take several years to evaluate. CAK has to hire very good coaches in order to be competitive because they simply do not have enough quality athletes to chose from. Enrollment is just over 400, yet they compete with schools who have 3 times that enrollment. It sounds like Coach Wells is a strong hire for CAK.

Motivation to change jobs usually involves a multitude of issues. In coaching, it can be as simple as money, or it can be as complex as family, beliefs, exposure, environment, tradition, support, challenge, etc.. the list could go on and on. CAK boys basketball has not been very competitive for the past few seasons, so I could see how the perception could be that it would not be a could place to coach. However; I believe the CAK job to be very attractive and a great job for Coach Wells. The school received over 50 applications for the job. So to say it is a bad job is certainly not the opinion of many other qualified coaches. As far as talent goes, the CAK varsity team this year was virtually a JV team. Only 2 Jrs. on the team, with Sophomores and Freshman commanding the majority of the playing time. Late in the year they were competitive and should be a nice squad next season. So while Coach Wells won't have the team he would have had in Lenoir City, he will have some nice young basketball players to work with.

Coach Wells from Lenior City has been unofficially named the new coach for the boys at CAK. Good hire for the school and hope he does well.

What kind of financial package can CAK offer? How about Grace and Webb. Can they compete with the Public schools in saliries, benefits, retirement. Or are they willing to pay whatever it takes to get a quality coach? I have heard the F.B. coach at Catholic made $120,000.